PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 10:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nrupalp is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

how can u get custom cars to show up? I have Cars folder in igo/cars. I dont see options anywhere to change cursur into car icon.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:44 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrupalp View Post
how can u get custom cars to show up? I have Cars folder in igo/cars. I dont see options anywhere to change cursur into car icon.
from the map screen tap quick...then tap the car on the bottom of the screen all the way to the left...a window will pop up click on the small pip window to change the car.

Old 10-05-2009, 10:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro2
Carrier: sprint

jimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjimmyz is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Big Thanks to ENDER519 but still have quick question- for the latest version of IGO8 which files are the best for TTS- the susan 6.9.1 high quality or the susan v1.74 (loquendo tts package)??
see here for details: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405616
Old 10-05-2009, 10:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

nrupalp is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
from the map screen tap quick...then tap the car on the bottom of the screen all the way to the left...a window will pop up click on the small pip window to change the car.
thanks for quick reply..but dont see where it says Quick on map screen..only option is i have menu, position, detour, 2d. btw, loved ur tp1 roms..hope you make one for tp2.
Old 10-05-2009, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

nrupalp is a n00b

I think i got it but still cant click on car icon which is in triangle in quick menu, correct? Does the cars folder belong in igo/cars or igo/content/cars?
Old 10-05-2009, 11:07 AM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Juggs is in the MOMENT

Yay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the communityYay 4 Juggs is a trusted member of the community

my cars folder is in the igo8 folder...iGO8/Cars....are you using the skin provided in the first post? it is required to use custom cars...in the quick menu you should see 3 rows of buttons...the first row...last button down is the one you click on to change the car...again you must be using the skin posted in the first link in order for this to work.

and yes i already have a rom built for the tp2...just waiting for the unlocker to test it.

Last edited by Yay 4 Juggs; 10-05-2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

Late to reply but this helped me get this working after trying for the past 2 weeks. I had found the post you linked to on XDA before, but didn't have the time to translate and pick up the rest for 480x800 etc.

In short, thanks!!!
Old 10-05-2009, 12:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireles

Ender519 is keeping up the good workEnder519 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotus f1 View Post
I have the speedcam folder and the download but the option does not show up in the "warnings" menu.

Also.. you state that you have attached a new sys.txt with the changes. I do not see that link on your post nor your download file of the tts files. Where is it?
Speedcam warnings.. The Speed Camera Warning selection box only appears after the device is receiving a good GPS signal (e.g., not usually indoors). Make sure your GPS is connected w/ good signal and try again.

SYS.TXT was included with the ZIP file for the TTS voices, but if you want you can just grab the relevant code from my post and add to yours.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

lovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlovingHDTV is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I got it all working except for the Skin. I can't get the Dimka_HD skin to even show up as an option, thought I did get the GJ6.10.1p_da_800x480.zip skin to work.

One difference I see is that the Dimka_HD skin does not have a 800_480 directory, but the GJ6 does.

Ideas why Dimka_HD won't work?

thanks,
dave
Old 10-05-2009, 12:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TouchPro2
Carrier: Verizon

IGGUS is keeping up the good workIGGUS is keeping up the good work

Need to test and see if TTS is successfully saying names of streets, but was speaking etc when I tested yesterday. Also can't change car icons, read this thread twice and I guess still a little confused (and need to find a place to get the car icons in the first place, checked the folder and I've got nothin.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps