PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2010, 07:01 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

I finally got around to installing iGO8, I grabbed the Dave & Susan voice packs linked a couple pages back, but when I select them in the Settings > Regional > Voice Profile there's no sound, they don't work (the regular ones do). I'm pretty new at this still, and this is a fairly giant thread, can someone provide some pointers to diagnose? Would be greatly appreciated.

(I am using stock Sprint ROM and the exact version as per the OP: 8.3.4.102680 Aug 2009.)
Old 02-02-2010, 07:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boldaslove View Post
I finally got around to installing iGO8, I grabbed the Dave & Susan voice packs linked a couple pages back, but when I select them in the Settings > Regional > Voice Profile there's no sound, they don't work (the regular ones do). I'm pretty new at this still, and this is a fairly giant thread, can someone provide some pointers to diagnose? Would be greatly appreciated.

(I am using stock Sprint ROM and the exact version as per the OP: 8.3.4.102680 Aug 2009.)
That's a little strange. Seems most people have TTS problem with 6.5 ROM but very few with stock 6.1 ROM. The iGO TTS works out of box for me on stock Sprint ROM. How much memory do you have after a fresh soft reset?

And maybe you can try to install the cleanup cab http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640
and see if that works for you.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:18 PM
dtjohnst

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
You can also just copy the script into \Windows\Start Menu\Programs
Huh. When I tried that last night it didn't work. It's working fine now though. Thanks.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:16 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Rogers (GSM)

boldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regularboldaslove is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
That's a little strange. Seems most people have TTS problem with 6.5 ROM but very few with stock 6.1 ROM. The iGO TTS works out of box for me on stock Sprint ROM. How much memory do you have after a fresh soft reset?

And maybe you can try to install the cleanup cab http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=88640
and see if that works for you.
Immediately upon soft reset, I have roughly 98 megs of RAM free. I just ran iGO pretty much immediately after soft reset and still heard no voice. Is it a matter of having X amount of free RAM?

(And after some regular usage it kind of hovers at around 78-85 megs free.)

edit: Also, if I update the maps, can anyone tell me if it's as simple as replacing the .dem, .fbl, .3dl and .poi files in the respective folders? Overwrite the files with the newer one(s) and that's it, or?

Last edited by boldaslove; 02-03-2010 at 12:18 AM.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaddyLongLegs View Post
When you add all the addresses to your contacts, run the PDA version of IGO8 (not the PNA version like you're using) in some other directory on your phone. Boot up that Igo8. Now, in that save folder, find a file called gccache.dat. Go to your Igo8 folder (the one where TTS works; ie: the PNA version) and paste this file in THAT save folder. There you go! Your outlook contacts show up just fine. I guess the only reason this would be a pain is if you CONSTANTLY update your Outlook contacts addresses but who really does that? Just do what I said every few weeks or something or when you add a load of addresses to people's contacts and you are set. TTS *and* addresses from contacts. Hope this helped!

PS: Your contacts show up in POI and then under "C" for contacts (like where you'd find Hospital and Restaurant located).
Thank you. I've just found the time to work on this and am looking for the PDA version. The PNA version I have had a file name of Nav n Go iGo_8.3.4.102680 -- what is the filename for the PDA version so that I can find it?

Note -- I am not asking you for the file or for where to find it, just for the name of the file I need. I presume that is allowed.
Old 02-03-2010, 12:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

CMeys is keeping up the good workCMeys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMeys View Post
Thank you. I've just found the time to work on this and am looking for the PDA version. The PNA version I have had a file name of Nav n Go iGo_8.3.4.102680 -- what is the filename for the PDA version so that I can find it?

Note -- I am not asking you for the file or for where to find it, just for the name of the file I need. I presume that is allowed.
I've searched and found the answer to my question. The PDA version has 97313 in the file name.

And your method worked -- thank you.
Old 02-04-2010, 02:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

oldgarfield is keeping up the good workoldgarfield is keeping up the good work

I tried about 10 ROMs available in the "CDMA TP2 Upgrades" Section, including custom 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.3, Sense 2.1, Sense 2.5 etc.
I found that only ROMs that TTS can work without any scripts or modifications are EngeryROM and MalROM. Both have Opera Mobile 10 as default browser. So I suspect that the TTS thing must have something to do with Opera 9.5. Of course on stock Sprint ROM, TTS has no problem, where Opera is 9.5 as well (16983).
I don't think Sense is the cause because on Malrom/EnergyROM, the sense is still enabled when I run iGO. But some people get lucky with disabling the Sense, so I guess maybe something related to Sense Internet Tab? Or any settings in Sense that related to Browser etc.?
I tried different registry hacks and so far still have no clue what are the factors that make TTS works on Sprint Stock, MalROM and Energy while not on other ROMS I tried. (With Sense/Touchflo 3D Enabled of course, and it seems Tmail.exe etc. are still there when I run MalROM/EnergyROM).

Last edited by oldgarfield; 02-04-2010 at 02:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-05-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

murtynvr is just getting started

Where can i find the link to download Nav n Go iGo_8.3.4.102680. please help.
Old 02-06-2010, 02:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO !
Carrier: Sprint - OMJ

itsachirpthing is keeping up the good workitsachirpthing is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgarfield View Post
I tried about 10 ROMs available in the "CDMA TP2 Upgrades" Section, including custom 6.1, 6.5, 6.5.3, Sense 2.1, Sense 2.5 etc.
I found that only ROMs that TTS can work without any scripts or modifications are EngeryROM and MalROM. Both have Opera Mobile 10 as default browser. So I suspect that the TTS thing must have something to do with Opera 9.5. Of course on stock Sprint ROM, TTS has no problem, where Opera is 9.5 as well (16983).
I don't think Sense is the cause because on Malrom/EnergyROM, the sense is still enabled when I run iGO. But some people get lucky with disabling the Sense, so I guess maybe something related to Sense Internet Tab? Or any settings in Sense that related to Browser etc.?
I tried different registry hacks and so far still have no clue what are the factors that make TTS works on Sprint Stock, MalROM and Energy while not on other ROMS I tried. (With Sense/Touchflo 3D Enabled of course, and it seems Tmail.exe etc. are still there when I run MalROM/EnergyROM).

+1 In my testing I agree as well. Energy ROMs are much more friendly with TTS and I believe that the opera is the biggest reason. I have no idea why, but the other ROMs give me fits on this. I was successfully running TTS on my mogul, yes slow, but it worked and it kills me that these 300 phones crap out with it. This has baffeled me for months, but at least it looks like were getting somewhere with the issue. Im running the new Phoenix 2 rom now, and TTS is working like a charm. Looks like I may be on this one for a while. Thanks.
Old 02-06-2010, 04:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

sanvara is becoming a great contributor

Since we can choose from EnergyRom and MalRom any comments on the advantages of one or the other?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps