PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch pro
Carrier: Sprint

knlmwq is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Hey xpsworm,

Do I have to install the skins for everything to work properly or can i just skip that step and keep the default skin?

Thanks for the post
Old 10-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Xpsworm, thank you for all your work. I noticed that in the new sys.txt, you have "GX" set for the driver parameter, as opposed to 'GDI' which was used in your original sys.txt. Any particular reason for the change? Also, the first post recommends and links to the newer (1.1.25.2a) DimKa skin. But in the second post, you state:

Note: this sys.txt is for Dimka(w) 1.1.24.2(a) _ Tomsoft SKIN only

Im thinking its a typo since you linked to the same file anyway. Its trivial, but still possibly confusing for some. And since you referenced Ender519's post, but excluded some of his tips, can you comment on wether or not this is necessary:

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
tts_logics=3

Thanks again.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I love the original skin and would like to keep that over the different skins.

What features do I miss out on by not installing the new skin?

Also is the fact that I'm using the original skin preventing me from using landscape mode as well as preventing my TTS from working?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid "X"
Carrier: Verizon

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
ok i installed igo is amazing...i drove all the way from buffalo to las vegas without a hitch...but...that was in portrait mode...could not get landscape mode to work proper...when i switched to landscape it would cut the screen in half...and only shift the one side...any idea as to why this happens?
That is usually a branding.zip and data.zip issue with the skin. Do you have the same issue if you use the default theme?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid "X"
Carrier: Verizon

navychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnavychief52 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
I love the original skin and would like to keep that over the different skins.

What features do I miss out on by not installing the new skin?

Also is the fact that I'm using the original skin preventing me from using landscape mode as well as preventing my TTS from working?
Just the Presentation, If you are happy with the original skin use it ! i have used it in both portrait and landscape modes with no issues.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc tp2
Carrier: verizon

babyboy985 is a n00b

i ran into a problem..i done the step by step guide..when i tried to launch igo it came up with an error "failed to reserve virtual address space" can anyone help?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by knlmwq View Post
Hey xpsworm,

Do I have to install the skins for everything to work properly or can i just skip that step and keep the default skin?

Thanks for the post
That is optional, but there are a lot of improvement in Dimka skin which are worth for us to try it. You can switch to default skin anytime, read my post 2

Don't forget to click
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-05-2009, 08:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

xpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuffxpsworm knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Xpsworm, thank you for all your work. I noticed that in the new sys.txt, you have "GX" set for the driver parameter, as opposed to 'GDI' which was used in your original sys.txt. Any particular reason for the change? Also, the first post recommends and links to the newer (1.1.25.2a) DimKa skin. But in the second post, you state:

Note: this sys.txt is for Dimka(w) 1.1.24.2(a) _ Tomsoft SKIN only

Im thinking its a typo since you linked to the same file anyway. Its trivial, but still possibly confusing for some. And since you referenced Ender519's post, but excluded some of his tips, can you comment on wether or not this is necessary:

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
tts_logics=3

Thanks again.
Thanks for those, I corrected the typos. For the Driver, I think we should stick to DGI for all HTC devices, I will correct it. However, if you want to improve your graphic, you should check this post
Regarding the tts_buffer and tts_logics, I think those don't work with my TTS package, more tests to run
Old 10-05-2009, 08:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboy985 View Post
i ran into a problem..i done the step by step guide..when i tried to launch igo it came up with an error "failed to reserve virtual address space" can anyone help?
Which ROM are you using? How big is your SD Card? Did you try to reset your phone yet?
Old 10-05-2009, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyboy985 View Post
Post your sys.txt.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps