PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2009, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yay 4 Juggs View Post
i still cant get it to run in landscape mode properly...using the latest dymka skin...anyone find a fix for this? i want to be able to use both landscape and portrait modes.
I have landscape mode working just fine. Please post the [interface], [rawdisplay] and [debug] section of your sys.txt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lawdawg View Post
I have this problem too. I tried the language package and get the same error. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

How about using the original language files which came with your iGo8 software? Swapping system/program files and such from earlier versions of iGo and using it on the latest version may sometimes prove to be problematic. Were you experiencing this before you started following the directions in this thread?

Quote:
Originally Posted by googler View Post
i'm having a hard time getting the program working. after i choose the guidance language, the program crashes and i'm back in windows explorer looking at the contents of the IGO8 folder or i get a "fatal error". other times, i can't even get the program to start without the error "out of memory". can anyone offer any help?
Backup your current sys.txt to someplace safe. Then delete the content of the sys.txt thats currently in the iGo8 folder on your phone, and give iGo another try with the minimal/blank sys.txt. iGo8 will start with default values if there are no parameters in the sys.txt file. But if after having done this, you still get the 'fatal error', it may be a problem with your iGo8 package itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHOLAD View Post
could some one hepe me please with TTS AND SKIN (GJ 6.12p_da_800x480)
Help you do what? Try being more specific next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
so i'm using my 1000 post to say how disappointed i am in the GPS problems i'm readying about already. i thought Sprint had that all taken care of. now i have to worry about this again. geez. i thought i left this behind with my Touch. *sigh*
Are you complaining about problem with your GPS chip, its reception or the iGo8 program...which, by the way, is what this thread is about? If youre generally complaining about tp2 GPS issues, this is not the place.

Congrats on your 1000th post, btw.=D>
Old 10-11-2009, 09:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: How to get iGo8 run on TP2 with TTS enable and 2009 NA Maps (step by step guide)

Ive found a solution to the problem some people were having with iGo8 switching to a distorted version of portrait mode when you sldie out the keyboard. I've also managed to get TTS working quite nicely (thanks to a little help from my buddy MightyMike).

The problem is, however, using this configuration will disable portrait mode in iG8, so only landscape will work.

Yay, I will keep an eye out for a practical solution to your needing to be able to switch back and forth between portrait and landscape. And hopefully, it will at least get landscape working for you properly.

Quote:
[folders]
app="%SDCARD%/iGO8"

[interface]
maxzoom2d=6000000
show_exit=1
popup_info=1
poi_show_all_btn=1

[rawdisplay]
highres=1
screen_x=800
screen_y=480
class="landscape"

[debug]
show_oneway_3d=1
show_oneway=1
show_gps_pos=1
skip_eula=1
show_pedestrian=1
poi_labels=1
show_arrows_on_route=1
tts_min_ready_wav=1
tts_getaway_time=200
tts_expected_engine_delay=1400
reserve_memory=2097152
sound_q_length="200"
no_file_cache="0"
cache="1024"
enable_roadshadow=1

[msnd]
msnd.start=0

[tts]
tts_buffer=131072
tts_logics=3
priority="HIGH"
always_say_road_names=1
announce_street_name=1
announce_exit_directions=1
skip_exit_numbers=0

[sound]
queue_length=200
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-11-2009, 09:59 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post

Are you complaining about problem with your GPS chip, its reception or the iGo8 program...which, by the way, is what this thread is about? If youre generally complaining about tp2 GPS issues, this is not the place.

Congrats on your 1000th post, btw.=D>
good question. i had just noticed lots of posts on gps issues with the TP2 and it just bummed me out. really didn't expect any issues with it.

and thanks on the congrats.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Sprint

pokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpokerpot is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
Ive found a solution to the problem some people were having with iGo8 switching to a distorted version of portrait mode when you sldie out the keyboard. I've also managed to get TTS working quite nicely (thanks to a little help from my buddy MightyMike).

The problem is, however, using this configuration will disable portrait mode in iG8, so only landscape will work.

Yay, I will keep an eye out for a practical solution to your needing to be able to switch back and forth between portrait and landscape. And hopefully, it will at least get landscape working for you properly.
I posted this fix a week ago. I have no clue how nobody knows what's really going on with it. My TTS isn't working either but that's probably just because I have been trying to use british voices. No matter.
Old 10-12-2009, 10:58 AM
VIP Member

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerpot View Post
I posted this fix a week ago. I have no clue how nobody knows what's really going on with it. My TTS isn't working either but that's probably just because I have been trying to use british voices. No matter.
TTS with Igo8 was always problematic. Certain voices would work where other wouldn't. Even though all i tried was TTS. it was very odd.
Old 10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Epic 4g
Carrier: Spriznint

Jok3sta is keeping up the good workJok3sta is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwcj63 View Post
good question. i had just noticed lots of posts on gps issues with the TP2 and it just bummed me out. really didn't expect any issues with it.

and thanks on the congrats.
I dont know if this will make you feel better or not but my sprint touch pro 2 has been running the latest igo 8 and is truley lag free.. i just took a trip from new york to pennsylvania with zero problems or lag.. Im not really sure why everyone else is having lag issues.. my touch pro had serious lag issues.. but my tp2 is perfect.. the only issue i have with lag is when using google maps or sprint telenav
Old 10-12-2009, 11:56 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jok3sta View Post
I dont know if this will make you feel better or not but my sprint touch pro 2 has been running the latest igo 8 and is truley lag free.. i just took a trip from new york to pennsylvania with zero problems or lag.. Im not really sure why everyone else is having lag issues.. my touch pro had serious lag issues.. but my tp2 is perfect.. the only issue i have with lag is when using google maps or sprint telenav
actually yes. that makes me feel much better. thanks.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Super Saiyan 3
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

freeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIPfreeza is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to freeza Send a message via MSN to freeza Send a message via Yahoo to freeza Send a message via Skype™ to freeza

No lag issues for me either.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:06 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by freeza View Post
No lag issues for me either.
thanks guys!! i'm looking forward to trying it out for sure. i'm going to see if i can get TT7 running on it as well.
Old 10-13-2009, 12:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2 is my first wm phone
Carrier: VERIZON

lw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlw00d is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

igo8 i have it up and running with out these tweak.. it runs great.. but i dont get the landscape in 480x800. .. .. my question is when ever i try to install these tweaks i get a message error when ever i try to run the program.. i get this error failed to start 480x800.pmg need to stop program. i think the sys.txt.. is making this happen.. i did every step you listed.. .. and nothing.. im running
Nav N Go iGO 8 v8.3.2.64029 (Nov 7 200
with latest update

help?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
htc touch pro2, igo8, navigation, north america maps