PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 PM
The Great Winged Horse
Pocket PC: XV6700 XV6800 TP2
Carrier: Big Red

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got a refurb >:(

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
I'm sorry, but I don't see how Verizon is responsible for giving you your 4th TP2 in 30 days. To me, this screams that the customer is the problem, not the phone.

After 3, they should be like sir, we'd ask that you either return it for a refund or choose another model.

I think them giving you 3 NEW retail devices in 30 days is more than reasonable.

Also, if its a refurb, try SIM unlocking it. My experience with other Verizon global phones is that the SIM unlock code only worked on a retail phone. All the refurbs I received could be SIM unlocked with all zeros (00000000)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ls3mach View Post
A working refurb > non-working new phones. In others words who cares. Impressive that they already have refurbished ones available though.
Amen Brother's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
1st - Crackle in the earpiece, frequent dropped calls, extremely poor battery performance

2nd - 10-15 stuck pixels all over the screen

3rd - Frequent dropped calls, every other call either I cannot hear the caller, the caller cannot hear me or both

In my opinion and the experience I've had with each of these phones, these were not small problems. The 1st and 3rd phone had problems that literally rendered the very essence of the phone unusable, i.e. being able to make/receive calls. The 2nd had stuck pixels all over the screen, clearly visible regardless of what the background was.

I realize that it's rare that someone has three/four new TP2's with so many issue's in such a short time, but damn, do you think I enjoy doing this, sending phones back and forth. I probably know more about Verizon's return policy at this point than the CS reps do. I regonize that due to the complex nature of our phones that something is prone to breaking/being defective than a basic dumbphone, but I shouldn't be receiving phone's with severe defects like this. I know that most of you have had great luck with this phone, but honestly this has ruined my excitement for getting the TP2, I haven't really been able to enjoy it. If the Omnia II had any half-@ss foreseeable release I'd probably just send back both TP2's and use my old E815.
I would hate to see what you woukd do with a new car.
Old 10-01-2009, 05:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
Amen Brother's

I would hate to see what you woukd do with a new car.
Productive post brother!!!

How about you give me a rational answer as to what I should do when half the calls I place are either dropped, I am muted or the caller is muted?

You don't really think things through, do you?
Old 10-01-2009, 05:26 PM
The Great Winged Horse

Pegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIPPegasus"143" is a VIP

Quote:
Productive post brother!!!

How about you give me a rational answer as to what I should do when half the calls I place are either dropped, I am muted or the caller is muted?

You don't really think things through, do you?
Well let me think ...... Sounds like the 2nd phone was a pretty good one.
And then of course you havent said that there is anything wrong with the current phone, Other than being a "REFURB". Oh by the way how dark did the room and screen have to be before you noticed the dead pixels ? (Ginning Knowingly)
Old 10-01-2009, 05:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasus"143" View Post
Well let me think ...... Sounds like the 2nd phone was a pretty good one.
And then of course you havent said that there is anything wrong with the current phone, Other than being a "REFURB". Oh by the way how dark did the room and screen have to be before you noticed the dead pixels ? (Ginning Knowingly)
Who the hell cares if it's only visible in a dark room? It doesn't fix the fact that a phone which retails right under $500 has a defective screen.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:21 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
1st - Crackle in the earpiece, frequent dropped calls, extremely poor battery performance

2nd - 10-15 stuck pixels all over the screen

3rd - Frequent dropped calls, every other call either I cannot hear the caller, the caller cannot hear me or both
So how's the 4th? I don't blame you for replacing them It's an expensive phone and should be free of defects out of the box.
Old 10-01-2009, 06:27 PM
The Great Winged Horse

I care, Because when people are constantly looking for the "PERFECT' device carriers make up for lost revenue buy charging the rest of us, With higher rates. Also do you really think the OP paid retail ?
Old 10-01-2009, 08:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

If the refurb that looks like new (no scratches or cracks, with all accessories present) works as advertised and your primary issue is that "it's a refurb" w/o factory packaging... I would seriously consider rolling with it.

Better a known working device than an anknown 5th phone IMO.

Bird in the hand and all...
Old 10-01-2009, 08:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

There is no way I would accept that, period. Especially if it was less then 30 days, which the phone has not been out that long. I would demand a new one, whilist keeping the refurb till the new one got back into stock. Keep at them.

BTW, why have you gone through 4 of them already???

Old 10-01-2009, 08:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: RHOD500
Carrier: VZW

vzwdts is keeping up the good workvzwdts is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
There is no way I would accept that, period. Especially if it was less then 30 days, which the phone has not been out that long. I would demand a new one, whilist keeping the refurb till the new one got back into stock. Keep at them.

BTW, why have you gone through 4 of them already???
He already answered that question. And like I said, it is HIGHLY HIGHLY unlikely VZW has any truly refurbished phones in stock at this point. I'll bet anything the phone he received was brand new.
Old 10-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

I guess to each their own. But in my line of work, and my expectations of others, anything less than 100% is not EXCEPTABLE. Yes, if I pay only $149 or $349 for a phone, it will be 100% perfect. Even if its just a dead pixel or two, it not my fault verizon accepted that HTC went with a cheap screen. It's all on them. When they get 25% of the phones returned for dead pixels, its up to them on how they deal with it. Yes, they can raise the price. But it's up to us to decide whether your gonna pay the higher price. If we quite buying defective phones, HTC and the cellular companies will have a decision to make. Do we keep going with cheap screens and deal with these returns or do we upgrade the screen and satisfy the end user.

Again, if your loaded and money doesn't mean anything to you, keep whatever they give you and go on your merry way. Don't worry about it. But don't jump on us that expect to get EXACTLY what we paid for!! And that is a PERFECT phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2