PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2009, 04:39 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got a refurb >:(

The strange thing is, after several refurbished Moguls over 2 years, I actually got a NEW one a few weeks ago, but it had a bad keyboard, and I got another one sent, which was again a refurb. This was 1 day before my TP2 came, so I did a quick test of the Mogul, as best as I could, without even activating it, since I was going to keep the best one for a backup. I ended up keeping the refurb, because all the keys worked (though I have no idea if the radio works, because I can't risk doing a switchover during the midweek, unless there is no other option).
Old 10-03-2009, 02:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

You critics are quick to criticize without really giving me much advice on how to fix the issue's (Protonus, the issue's persisted despite signal strength, mode etc.). I did *228, hard reseted and tried as I might to figure out the issue they kept persisting on phone's 1 & 3. I tried them in multiple cities and states, still the problem persisted. Despite your search to find some fault in my situation, that's how it happened.

What am I to do, spend my life trying to figure out why my phones didn't work? Become a self-proclaimed HTC technician and take them apart to fix the issue (thats what I did with my 3rd Titan's broken earpiece, I dissembled the phone after having it for only a few days to replace the crackling earpiece, less I upset the people who hold similar views to yours and return yet another defective phone). I take 5 college classes, it's not my responsibility to diagnose phone issue's all day. I did the very best I could to avoid returning these phones, but when a phone doesn't work properly, it doesn't work.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

They're still out of stock with no ETA, this is getting frustrating. Which leads me to my desperate question...

If Verizon sends out a refurb do they apply the same stickers that come on an original new device (screen protector that says "Remove before use", two pieces that protect the sides where the screen slides, sticker covering back of screen). Because mine has all those stickers, which would lend to the belief it is practically brand new if indeed Verizon doesn't apply all the stickers on a refurb.
Old 10-05-2009, 12:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
They're still out of stock with no ETA, this is getting frustrating. Which leads me to my desperate question...

If Verizon sends out a refurb do they apply the same stickers that come on an original new device (screen protector that says "Remove before use", two pieces that protect the sides where the screen slides, sticker covering back of screen). Because mine has all those stickers, which would lend to the belief it is practically brand new if indeed Verizon doesn't apply all the stickers on a refurb.
When my GF has gotten a replacement phone under warranty thru azerion that has been a refurb, it has not had any plastic protectors, let alone any accessories etc. If yours has plastic I bet it's never even been used.

Given how new this phone is, I doubt it's an actual REFURB, in the sense that a repair has been done. Companies use the term "refurb" very loosely, often to describe anything that has been looked at and verified to work that they can't sell as new. That could mean this is a phone that was purchased and returned before use even, or a phone that was opened but not sold, etc.

I would definitely say keep it. What is the harm in having a like new device that works great that may have never even been used, that was sent to you tested, that has no problems!?! Count your blessings that you even have one when they're out of stock.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

Quote:
You critics are quick to criticize without really giving me much advice on how to fix the issue's (Protonus, the issue's persisted despite signal strength, mode etc.). I did *228, hard reseted and tried as I might to figure out the issue they kept persisting on phone's 1 & 3. I tried them in multiple cities and states, still the problem persisted. Despite your search to find some fault in my situation, that's how it happened.

What am I to do, spend my life trying to figure out why my phones didn't work? Become a self-proclaimed HTC technician and take them apart to fix the issue (thats what I did with my 3rd Titan's broken earpiece, I dissembled the phone after having it for only a few days to replace the crackling earpiece, less I upset the people who hold similar views to yours and return yet another defective phone). I take 5 college classes, it's not my responsibility to diagnose phone issue's all day. I did the very best I could to avoid returning these phones, but when a phone doesn't work properly, it doesn't work.
No, you're not supposed to diagnose the phones, but most people wouldve certainly moved on to another device after 3 new in box devices in 30 days. I think you are a rarity in having 3 replacements in that time frame.

Last edited by isdnmatt; 10-05-2009 at 01:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
When my GF has gotten a replacement phone under warranty thru azerion that has been a refurb, it has not had any plastic protectors, let alone any accessories etc. If yours has plastic I bet it's never even been used.

Given how new this phone is, I doubt it's an actual REFURB, in the sense that a repair has been done. Companies use the term "refurb" very loosely, often to describe anything that has been looked at and verified to work that they can't sell as new. That could mean this is a phone that was purchased and returned before use even, or a phone that was opened but not sold, etc.
Yes, that's indeed what I'm thinking, thanks for the reply. Last week I had the tech support rep check the MEID and he said it was never activated, which further supports the possibility it was never really used.

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
No, you're not supposed to diagnose the phones, but most people wouldve certainly moved on to another device after 3 new in box devices in 30 days.
I realize that, but what other device provides the functionality of the TP2? Exactly, that's why we are all here. If the Omnia II was out, or even had a reasonable release date...or even had a release date, I could fall back on an E815 for a month or two and wait. But that's it, there's nothing else.

Last edited by Gulanowski; 10-05-2009 at 01:03 PM.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

kilthro is a n00b

I too have not had great luck getting a good phone. I am waiting for my 4th one from sprint.
1) bad pixels over the screen. Black and White.. I ran the pixel video for 30 min and none of the white ones would change.
2)screen is perfect. Thought this was a keeper. well that was until i started taking pictures with it and using the video camera. There are stuck pixels in every shot I take and in the same posistion. I didnt notice then when viewing the picture on the phone. As soon as I viewed them on the PC they stood out like crazy. Took a picture in the dark so it was all black and anyone can easily identify where they are.
3) Bad pixels over the whole screen. I didn't even try the camera as I wont keep it. I did try the pixel unsticking video with no luck.. The whole build of this one was crappy to.. tilting screen was really wobbly and wasn't firm like the other phones.
4) I really hope that this one is good. I really like the phone but just like it was mentioned before, when you shell out money for a phone you want its core components working as they should.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:58 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Yeah mine had all those stickers on it.
Old 10-05-2009, 02:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

msh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good workmsh441 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to msh441 Send a message via Yahoo to msh441

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilthro View Post
I ran the pixel video for 30 min and none of the white ones would change.
Where is this video located?

I have two white stuck pixels near the very edges of my screen. Not enough to return the phone IMO... but if there's somthing out there that SOMETIMES works... I'd give it a shot.
Old 10-05-2009, 03:14 PM
Almost a VIP

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by msh441 View Post
Where is this video located?

I have two white stuck pixels near the very edges of my screen. Not enough to return the phone IMO... but if there's somthing out there that SOMETIMES works... I'd give it a shot.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oj9U-Ux6QHY

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2