PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Got a refurb >:(

this is an expensive phone and i would in no way pay full price for a refurb. there are circumstances where the phone hasent really been "used" for instance...if a customer were to go into a store and wanted to add a second line onto their accout...VZW gets it all setup takes out the phone and gets ready to activate it, if a second deposit is needed on the account they will only know then. From what they've told me they cant simply check the status of the account and tell you. So im sure there are "refurb" devices where that happened and the customer refused to pay a second deposit
Old 10-05-2009, 04:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850
Carrier: Sprint

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbutsu View Post
Does finding that unintentionally HILARIOUS make me a bad person?
I too enjoyed it.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Gulanowski is keeping up the good workGulanowski is keeping up the good work

I was ready to use the refurb, put in the spare battery and fired it up. This time I counted, exactly 15 stuck pixels. Turned it off and packed it up, no chance I'm taking that, no wonder the person never activated it and sent it back, it's so apparent.

Bad luck or does someone at Verizon not like me, lol.
Old 10-05-2009, 09:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Big Red

Herbal954 is keeping up the good workHerbal954 is keeping up the good work

ouch, thats rough
Old 10-05-2009, 11:16 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

I think its pretty pathetic that people would suggest someone shouldnt complain about wanting a fully functional device with no issues considering how much the phone costs. That's like me going to buy a new car and the transmission goes out the 3rd week... I guess it should be my duty to just fix it and not take it back.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker

oldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regularoldpueblo is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulanowski View Post
I was ready to use the refurb, put in the spare battery and fired it up. This time I counted, exactly 15 stuck pixels. Turned it off and packed it up, no chance I'm taking that, no wonder the person never activated it and sent it back, it's so apparent.

Bad luck or does someone at Verizon not like me, lol.
Were the pixels actually showstoppers or did you spend time looking for them.
Old 10-05-2009, 11:27 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
I think its pretty pathetic that people would suggest someone shouldnt complain about wanting a fully functional device with no issues considering how much the phone costs. That's like me going to buy a new car and the transmission goes out the 3rd week... I guess it should be my duty to just fix it and not take it back.
Well said buddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpueblo View Post
Were the pixels actually showstoppers or did you spend time looking for them.
I'd say it was about half and half, you could pretty much tell right away that there were a few screwy stuck pixels going on, closer inspection yielded 15.

I'm giving my 3rd one another shot, I don't have much of a choice. I suppose it could have been some weird combo of apps I had, but I had another dropped call today right in the middle of my call with tech support, and I never got dropped calls on campus last year. I haven't yet had the in call issue's I've been having with this unit after doing the hard reset, but I also have hardly been using the phone the past few days because I thought I'd have a new one tomorrow >

We'll see

Last edited by Gulanowski; 10-05-2009 at 11:33 PM.
Old 10-08-2009, 04:51 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Verizon / HTC Touch Pro2

Protonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regularProtonus is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to Protonus Send a message via AIM to Protonus Send a message via MSN to Protonus Send a message via Yahoo to Protonus

Why don't you hard reset it, the third one, and leave it stock for a few days to guarantee it's not software you put on it.

As far as the dead pixels, I'd like to see a picture. I also want to make sure you're not checking for them as i've seen some people doing which will provide false results.
Old 10-09-2009, 07:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Protonus View Post
Why don't you hard reset it, the third one, and leave it stock for a few days to guarantee it's not software you put on it.

As far as the dead pixels, I'd like to see a picture. I also want to make sure you're not checking for them as i've seen some people doing which will provide false results.
That's what I did last Thursday and I left it stock for 4 days, no in call issue. However, I barely made any calls during that time. I added back most my programs monday and so far the issue only came back once and before it was 2-3 times a day. So, for now I'm sticking with it, because otherwise there are no issue's.

Sorry, but I sent back the refurb today, and even if I still had it I don't have a camera, or know of anyone who has one, that would be capable of producing a picture accurately showing those pixels. I can tell you though that I WAS checking for the pixels, why the heck wouldn't I check, to give myself a false sense of efficiency as to it being defect free? If you mean how obvious were they, I'd say 7 of the 10 were the solid, full type that stand out, with the other 7 being visible when in a dark room or with the screen held at an angle.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2