PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

$50 is way too much for such a little increase in battery life. I bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I haven't received them yet. I'm not expecting too much from them. If they last only a few hours I'll be happy. I'll only be using them in an emergency if my original batt runs out of juice. Plus they come with a charger. For only $15.99 I say what the hey. The worst that could happen is that my phone explodes.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:25 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

daintyboy609 is becoming a great contributor
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
$50 is way too much for such a little increase in battery life. I bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I haven't received them yet. I'm not expecting too much from them. If they last only a few hours I'll be happy. I'll only be using them in an emergency if my original batt runs out of juice. Plus they come with a charger. For only $15.99 I say what the hey. The worst that could happen is that my phone explodes.
I agree with you. $50 for a little 250 Mah increase is def not worth it. Please keep us posted on how these batteries work out for you. I'm interested in these or willing to wait until Mugen comes out with theirs.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

the real point is, they give you absolutely NO increase in battery life ((regardless of what they cost)

~John
Old 09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevin7 View Post
HTC has a reason for the things that they do, they are not dumb. The lack of flash on the TP2 most likely has to do with target audience and design implications. Take a look at the TP1 battery, it is about half the size of the TP2 battery(explains its lack of power). Go do some reading on batteries: http://www.batteryuniversity.com/
I've done my research because I have an obsession with flashlights, and batteries are a very important component in flashlights. the point is this:

Two batteries that are the same physical size that contain the same chemical composition (both lithium ion) will have about the same energy capacity. One battery could have a slightly greater energy capacity if it had a thinner case (safety hazard).

i get what you're saying, but u don't know where these two different batteries come from. one manufacturer could've made it more efficiently. don't you have a preferred doubleaa battery brand? i dunno about you, but i certainly notice more or less life from one brand to another. unless you make batteries, you shouldn't preach to people how it's a scam. seidio is a legit company, it's not just some random seller on ebay. maybe you should buy it and do battery drain tests, so people have a reason to believe you. instead, you just come off as someone who "researches" on the internet and thinks they know how everything works.

btw, the sprint diamond and touch pro have the same battery, yet the diamond doesnt have led flash... they used the short/fat battery design instead of the long slender... that had to have been a design error as they used to use long slender batteries for the mogul (which also has a flash). just because htc is awesome doesn't mean they always make the right choices or use the best technologies. look at their cheap chrome and yellow displays on the tp and some would say look at the stuck pixels on the tp2.
Old 09-24-2009, 04:42 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I have extensively tested the seidio 1500 batteries that they sell for the TouchPro. I have four of them.

1500 is higher than the rating on the stock batteries & everybody rushed to buy them thinking they would provide more talk time etc. I can state 100%, with no reservation whatever that they don't last one minute longer than the stock HTC batteries.

I used to keep track religiously on which battery was in any of my three TP's at any given time & rotated them, conditioned them etc. I finally got away from doing that when i realized the Seidio batteries worked just fine, but gave no greater capacity than the HTC batts (I don't care what they're rated at)

~John
Old 09-24-2009, 04:51 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
I have extensively tested the seidio 1500 batteries that they sell for the TouchPro. I have four of them.

1500 is higher than the rating on the stock batteries & everybody rushed to buy them thinking they would provide more talk time etc. I can state 100%, with no reservation whatever that they don't last one minute longer than the stock HTC batteries.

I used to keep track religiously on which battery was in any of my three TP's at any given time & rotated them, conditioned them etc. I finally got away from doing that when i realized the Seidio batteries worked just fine, but gave no greater capacity than the HTC batts (I don't care what they're rated at)

~John
thanks for the input... although the tp is 1340mah, so that's only a 160mah increase with a 1500mah batt... the one for the tp2 is 250mah increase. i'd say 250 increase would be a little easier to detect than 160mah, no? but it sounds like youve made up your mind, so those numbers prob won't make u think twice. i think i saw ur giong to get one as a spare batt anyway... let us know if you notice a little something.

i'm waiting for goodthings to test his.. i know he'll prob usesome fancy power utilities or something to check

edit: i'll probably get one and do battery drain tests in airplane mode (don't need the radio or differing phone usage to affect the results) and see how long each lasts under the same conditions... playing the same media over and over... etc..

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 09-24-2009 at 04:55 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 05:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
I can vouch for John. He is meticulous and thoughtful with his observations. I don't know John outside this forum, but have read many of his posts here. Along with my experience described in an earlier post in this thread, I'd say he is right on.
I see people posting their connection speed--but why? It's one thing to show EVDO/HSDPA speeds, but I see people posting wired connections and I am puzzled (especially when the speed is not all that impressive). So, in that spirit, I will post mine:

Old 09-24-2009, 07:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sevin7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
i get what you're saying, but u don't know where these two different batteries come from. one manufacturer could've made it more efficiently. don't you have a preferred doubleaa battery brand? i dunno about you, but i certainly notice more or less life from one brand to another. unless you make batteries, you shouldn't preach to people how it's a scam. seidio is a legit company, it's not just some random seller on ebay. maybe you should buy it and do battery drain tests, so people have a reason to believe you. instead, you just come off as someone who "researches" on the internet and thinks they know how everything works.

btw, the sprint diamond and touch pro have the same battery, yet the diamond doesnt have led flash... they used the short/fat battery design instead of the long slender... that had to have been a design error as they used to use long slender batteries for the mogul (which also has a flash). just because htc is awesome doesn't mean they always make the right choices or use the best technologies. look at their cheap chrome and yellow displays on the tp and some would say look at the stuck pixels on the tp2.
I apologize for calling it a "scam"... It's more like "sneaky advertising", and almost all big businesses are guilty of that. I don't know much about phones, which is why I read around this form. But I've done my fair share of real world battery testing... look at the attached pics. The ones on the left are all Lithium Ions. I am just trying to contribute to the community and inform everyone that it most likely is not a good choice to spend $50 on a battery that is doubtfully any better than the stock one. If you are reading this topic you will notice that a few users have tested these expensive aftermarket batteries, and they didn't seem to be very satisfied with the results.

This is *off topic* ....but if your as strange as me and you need to see more about batteries, head over to the candlepowerforums.com . Some users there have done absurdly extensive battery tests. couple of examples:
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/....php?p=3089842
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/...d.php?t=117117
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0039.jpg (554.9 KB, 40 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0040.jpg (612.9 KB, 23 views) Click for barcode!
File Type: jpg IMAG0041.jpg (609.2 KB, 22 views) Click for barcode!
Old 09-24-2009, 09:33 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

lol interesting pics you have there... well it's all good trying to warn people, but the thing is i've heard mixed reviews... some people say they do notice the tiny increase and others swear there's none (i'm speaking of ext batts for previous phones). i'd like to think people are just expecting too much like it's one of those 3000mah batteries. If you're going to listen to the naysayers, you certainly have to listen to the people who say there is a difference.

anyway, these tp2 batteries claim to add about 100mah more than the other ones. as i said, i think you'd have abetter chance of noticing 250mah /\ over 160mah. i'd like to see someone test these new ones with some real testing... like using the power utilities around here and test using it in airplane mode. that way conditions are the same. i'll try to do something when i get one.

it's no good for people to say they haven't noticed anything during every day use... even with the stock battery you could go 24 hrs on one charge and then 20 the next time even though you're doing pretty much the same things. too many factors involved. how in the world is someone supposed to notice a 160mah boost in that case? but say u put the phone in airplane mode and tested the stock batt and ext batt while playing nonstop movies or songs to help drain it quickly... if you noticed the change there wouldn't you rather take the battery that lasted longer?

As far as 250mah increase, many of us would prob be happy with a 2 hr increase. and i'm not talking about talk time.

Last edited by orlandojumpoff; 09-24-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:05 PM
Bringer of Good Things
Pocket PC: HTC TITAN
Carrier: AT&T

GoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation levelGoodThings2Life can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 23 Post(s)

I'm not going to flat out call anyone a liar or accuse anyone of being deceiptful or misleading. I'm certain there are battery companies that are less than reputable and what-not.

I will, however, state that SEIDIO has a very GOOD reputation for great products that deliver on their promises. I've been using their extended batteries in various capacities for the Mogul and Touch Pro for 2 years and have been quite impressed and convinced of their claims. Engineers do all sorts of things to cram a little more oomph into things... and SEIDIO is doing that where HTC is not.

Is 16-20% a dramatic increase? Nah. It's not gonna give you 24 hours of talk time or anything like that. But it'll help get you through a business day without feeling as much hurt in those final hours of the day. If I get 5-6 hours instead of 4-5 hours of talk, I'll take it, because I never talk that much anyway, which means my emails and other activity can keep chugging right along without much impact.

Is it worth $50? After spending $400+ on the phone? Meh, guess it depends on your cash flow, but for me it definitely is and makes a great primary battery with the stock battery as a spare.

I take my phone off the charger at 7am. I put it back on at 11pm when I go to bed. I'm usually sitting at 40-45% by then given MY usage habits and config. If I stay above 50% through the day, that gives me a lot of wiggle room for busy work days and such.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2