PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2009, 10:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

sevin7 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

You are correct, there are so many factors that effect battery life on a cell phone that it would be extremely difficult to control all of the variables, thus making it very difficult to test one battery vs. another

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
lol interesting pics you have there... well it's all good trying to warn people, but the thing is i've heard mixed reviews... some people say they do notice the tiny increase and others swear there's none (i'm speaking of ext batts for previous phones). i'd like to think people are just expecting too much like it's one of those 3000mah batteries. If you're going to listen to the naysayers, you certainly have to listen to the people who say there is a difference.

anyway, these tp2 batteries claim to add about 100mah more than the other ones. as i said, i think you'd have abetter chance of noticing 250mah /\ over 160mah. i'd like to see someone test these new ones with some real testing... like using the power utilities around here and test using it in airplane mode. that way conditions are the same. i'll try to do something when i get one.

it's no good for people to say they haven't noticed anything during every day use... even with the stock battery you could go 24 hrs on one charge and then 20 the next time even though you're doing pretty much the same things. too many factors involved. how in the world is someone supposed to notice a 160mah boost in that case? but say u put the phone in airplane mode and tested the stock batt and ext batt while playing nonstop movies or songs to help drain it quickly... if you noticed the change there wouldn't you rather take the battery that lasted longer?

As far as 250mah increase, many of us would prob be happy with a 2 hr increase. and i'm not talking about talk time.

Last edited by sevin7; 09-24-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 09-24-2009, 10:27 PM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

I had a Seidio Battery for my Vogue and it was amazing!
I realise it was an extended life battery but after over a year of "heavy" use it still lasted like brand new.
Im definatly a Seidio fan

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 09-24-2009, 11:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular2kmy477 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
$50 is way too much for such a little increase in battery life. I bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1

I haven't received them yet. I'm not expecting too much from them. If they last only a few hours I'll be happy. I'll only be using them in an emergency if my original batt runs out of juice. Plus they come with a charger. For only $15.99 I say what the hey. The worst that could happen is that my phone explodes.
I ordered from this ebay guy 3 weeks ago,received it last week,I did a test on the OEM and his,I streamed online radio through my Jabra BT8040 A2DP headset,on the OEM battery,from 100% to 0%,it lasted 4 hours and 5 minutes,ebay battery lasted 3 hours and 25 minutes,not bad at all if you consider it only costs me $16 for 2 plus a wall charger.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:06 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

personally I agree 2 batteries with lesser capacity is better then 1 with slight increase. 1750mah is a minor increase. I'm personally waiting on a 2000mah at least. Otherwise if consecutive better life is your thing..then probably one of those htc battery charger cases would do a better job.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-25-2009, 02:32 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sevin7 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
I ordered from this ebay guy 3 weeks ago,received it last week,I did a test on the OEM and his,I streamed online radio through my Jabra BT8040 A2DP headset,on the OEM battery,from 100% to 0%,it lasted 4 hours and 5 minutes,ebay battery lasted 3 hours and 25 minutes,not bad at all if you consider it only costs me $16 for 2 plus a wall charger.
thats a good deal. I might have to give that a try... I'm never going to spend $50 on cell phone battery
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-25-2009, 01:31 PM
Eat Static
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kmy477 View Post
That's good to know. Thanks.
Old 10-08-2009, 09:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

so did anyone get their seidio 1750mah battery yet? if so, how is it working for you
Old 10-08-2009, 10:32 PM
N00b

Sunshine is just getting started

what is the stock mah for the TP2?
Old 10-08-2009, 10:35 PM
Ship Jumper
Pocket PC: EVO 4G, EVO 3D & GALAXY S 2
Carrier: The Now Network
Threadstarter

BRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPBRIVERS73 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

1500 mah
Old 10-10-2009, 05:49 PM
Eat Static

popdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIPpopdog54 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by popdog54 View Post
$50 is way too much for such a little increase in battery life. I bought these:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...fvi%3D1&_rdc=1
They took two weeks to get here. As 2kmy477 said, they don't last as long as the OEM battery, but for $15 bucks I now have a charger and two backups for when I need them.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2