View Single Post
Old 09-24-2009, 04:34 PM
orlandojumpoff
Halfway to VIP Status

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Seidio Has 1750 mah batteries for Sprint, Verizon & T- Mobile Available for Pre-o

Quote:
Originally Posted by sevin7 View Post
HTC has a reason for the things that they do, they are not dumb. The lack of flash on the TP2 most likely has to do with target audience and design implications. Take a look at the TP1 battery, it is about half the size of the TP2 battery(explains its lack of power). Go do some reading on batteries: http://www.batteryuniversity.com/
I've done my research because I have an obsession with flashlights, and batteries are a very important component in flashlights. the point is this:

Two batteries that are the same physical size that contain the same chemical composition (both lithium ion) will have about the same energy capacity. One battery could have a slightly greater energy capacity if it had a thinner case (safety hazard).

i get what you're saying, but u don't know where these two different batteries come from. one manufacturer could've made it more efficiently. don't you have a preferred doubleaa battery brand? i dunno about you, but i certainly notice more or less life from one brand to another. unless you make batteries, you shouldn't preach to people how it's a scam. seidio is a legit company, it's not just some random seller on ebay. maybe you should buy it and do battery drain tests, so people have a reason to believe you. instead, you just come off as someone who "researches" on the internet and thinks they know how everything works.

btw, the sprint diamond and touch pro have the same battery, yet the diamond doesnt have led flash... they used the short/fat battery design instead of the long slender... that had to have been a design error as they used to use long slender batteries for the mogul (which also has a flash). just because htc is awesome doesn't mean they always make the right choices or use the best technologies. look at their cheap chrome and yellow displays on the tp and some would say look at the stuck pixels on the tp2.