PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

1454 is keeping up the good work1454 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

I may be wrong, but I definitely think we should be asking the locations(not exact, but nearest large cities) where this is happening. Because this is not something I have had a problem with at all in my home(charlotte and winston areas) area, HOWEVER, I went to families house(atlanta) for the holidays and have been having problems the whole time down here with this. I don't know enough about the technology in each area to say that it is really the issue, but I do find it strange that I never had a problem with this in my home location, and have horrible problems with this after coming to GA. I haven't been back to charlotte yet to know if it reverts back to it's trouble free status, but I will update when I get back.
Old 11-27-2009, 01:10 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yes, there could be an issue with the way this phone interacts with specific types of towers or switches. It seems to me that for whatever reason, the 3G session fails to authenticate at times and causes the phone to get stuck in 1x. Authentication is typically done through a RADIUS server on the network side, and from what I have seen, that seems to be what's failing based on the messages in the DEBUG screen. All I know, is I have 3 Verizon lines, and only the TP2 does this.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

I'm in no way saying Im right. Just that I didn't have a problem with this until I came to atl. And mine gets "stuck" right after a phone call. I have been using wifirouter and somebody will call and it when the wifi comes back on it will only be 1x.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
Nice avatar, Janko! Hopefully you can change that 1x to a 3G soon.
lol yeah I had a few minutes, had to make one
Old 11-29-2009, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC 6800 Alltel

BauerPOWER is a n00b

Yeah I am having this problem. I also have a problem where I will have 3 or more bars and then instantly none. I used to get a great signal where I live and now oftentimes when someone calls me they cannot hear me at all around 5-10 seconds into the conversation but I can hear them clearly. About 30 seconds into the call the call drops completely. I am also getting a weird triangle on the top bar of my screen. It is very narrow but still a triangle somewhat, that never really happened before. Also often when someone calls me my phone will not ring at all and they go to my voicemail after about 6 rings on their side. I will also oftentimes get text messages hours or days after they were sent. I will be asleep in the middle of the night and get an SMS that was send the day before around 9AM. Really frustrating.

Also once or twice a week I will get a call that just says "UNA" as the description and if I answer it it is an automated call that says it has a message for some weird Spanish sounding name.

This is all happening in the Central Florida area. If anyone has any ideas on what I should do it would be appreciated greatly!
Old 11-29-2009, 04:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

After dealing with the stuck issue for over a month and getting the total run around I have sold the HTC Imagio and bought a Black Berry Storm 2. I couldn'r be happier...No more stuck 1X. Everything seems much faster. I really hope someone stands up and shouts loud enough so either HTC or Verizon does something.. I still think its the device.
Old 11-30-2009, 03:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Carrier: Sprint

backslash is a n00b

I'm a Sprint user and having this issue. Now I have noticed that while stuck in 1x mode and streaming media, the phone sends people straight to voicemail. This is becoming more than a minor annoyance. I have tested the issue and it's completely repeatable. This sounds suspiciously like an issue my Apache had too but got straightened out eventually through multiple ROM upgrades/Radio firmware upgrades. Any former Apache users remember that one?

Incidentally, I have the issue all over the Atlanta metro area.
./../==/\...<==/...\..../.../_/_/.../../
.\____\/....\_____/../________/_/
Old 11-30-2009, 09:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I have been back in charlotte for two days now and have yet to have this problem again. So I don't know what they He!! caused it, it only happened to me in atlanta, but not NE Ga or Charlotte. Take if FWIW.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

My replacement, which was manufactured on November 3rd, has been doing this constantly today, so they haven't fixed anything in the newer builds as stated above.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

Man... this sucks. Kevin won't return my emails or phone calls. I guess he just wanted to get off the phone. Lets keep calling and emailing him. Maybe he'll finally understand we aren't going away.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2