PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Are you having trouble staying in 3G? Is your VZW TP2 getting stuck in 1X mode?
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 16 7.27%
Yes, I'm getting stuck in 1X but I did NOT have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 117 53.18%
No, no problems here AND I used to have a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 7 3.18%
No, no problems here and I never had a hacked Sprint TP1 on my account 80 36.36%
Voters: 220. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 10:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

rp4643 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Are you having trouble staying in 3G (getting stuck in 1X), VZW TP2 folks?

Ok guys and gals...I have placed another service call into Verizon tier 2. I gave the service rep the name of Kevin and told him to contact Kevin...They won't, WHY? Also, there is NO 1x problems in Verizons database. Come on! WTH is going on. Also, I wrote Kevin in detail what's occuring 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to wonder if they are deliberately ignoring this issue so we all will just go away?
Old 11-18-2009, 11:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

gbruyn is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rp4643 View Post
Ok guys and gals...I have placed another service call into Verizon tier 2. I gave the service rep the name of Kevin and told him to contact Kevin...They won't, WHY? Also, there is NO 1x problems in Verizons database. Come on! WTH is going on. Also, I wrote Kevin in detail what's occuring 2 weeks ago and still haven't heard anything. I'm starting to wonder if they are deliberately ignoring this issue so we all will just go away?
Yeah... there are a ton of service centers. Just call Kevin directly and be done with it. I don't think anyone has heard anything back from Kevin. I really don't think this issue will be fixed overnight. It's going to take a bunch of pressure and a bunch of cases for them to actually look into it. Thus that's the reason I got a Tech Supervisor who was willing to put his contact information out there. Instead of calling just the standard VZW line, call KEVIN directly... his phone was in the post and I've included it below.

Kevin Drakeford
kevin.drakeford@verizonwireless.com
843-566-8600 EXT 1789
Charleston, SC Call Center
Old 11-19-2009, 12:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

ahearn is a n00b

I haven't participated in this thread in about two weeks because I was happily staying in 3G, until now. Nothing has changed on my phone or location. It seems that when I travel a few miles into a 1X area and come back home, nothing can restore 3X. I'm within 200 yards of a massive cell tower. Either Verizon has issues with varying signal strength or HTC has issues with its radio/firmware.

I have an Imagio, but it's apparently the same radio/firmware in the TP2.
Old 11-19-2009, 12:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahearn View Post
I haven't participated in this thread in about two weeks because I was happily staying in 3G, until now. Nothing has changed on my phone or location. It seems that when I travel a few miles into a 1X area and come back home, nothing can restore 3X. I'm within 200 yards of a massive cell tower. Either Verizon has issues with varying signal strength or HTC has issues with its radio/firmware.
I don't mean to sound like a broken record... but please email or call Kevin and give him a detailed account of what's going on.

Kevin Drakeford
kevin.drakeford@verizonwireless.com
843-566-8600 EXT 1789
Charleston, SC Call Center
Old 11-19-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Checkout post #4 on the other thread about this. Sounds like they MIGHT have a fix... bad news is that it's hardware related and the device will need to be changed.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=95785
Old 11-19-2009, 01:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

ahearn is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbruyn View Post
I don't mean to sound like a broken record... but please email or call Kevin and give him a detailed account of what's going on.
Yes, I have emailed Kevin but don't expect a reply.

Furthermore, the reference to post #4 in the other thread sounds like the same old answer Verizon has always used -- swap the phone. Of course, the new phone nearly always has the same problem because nothing is actually fixed. I hope I'm wrong, but I have not seen any posts yet from people who have received their new "fixed" phones.
Old 11-19-2009, 02:43 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Beats me, I thought it rather rude

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
Who took what post down?
Old 11-19-2009, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahearn View Post
Yes, I have emailed Kevin but don't expect a reply.

Furthermore, the reference to post #4 in the other thread sounds like the same old answer Verizon has always used -- swap the phone. Of course, the new phone nearly always has the same problem because nothing is actually fixed. I hope I'm wrong, but I have not seen any posts yet from people who have received their new "fixed" phones.
Yeah I wanna wait and see what people are getting now. The phone will have to be 'marked' in some way if they are in fact distributing a hardware revised one. I haven't requested a replacement because just as you said, many people have had the same problem with the replacement.
Old 11-19-2009, 05:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by janko10 View Post
Yeah I wanna wait and see what people are getting now. The phone will have to be 'marked' in some way if they are in fact distributing a hardware revised one. I haven't requested a replacement because just as you said, many people have had the same problem with the replacement.
I called Kevin today and left a message. I also emailed him this morning. So far... no response. I then called just *611 and followed the prompts for tech support. I spoke to a lady who said she looked and that there are NO KNOWN ISSUES with this phone from what she was seeing. She also said that SHE would KNOW if they were doing any replacement or upgraded TP2 because that is HER department. Basically she was not really any help. Maybe Dennis was just trying to get him to swap out the phone. But maybe he has other info... who knows.

Hopefully I'll hear something back from Kevin soon. I hope his Inbox and Voicemail have gotten flooded for the past week with this issue. I'll advise when/if I hear back from him
Old 11-19-2009, 06:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Pro 2

rp4643 is just getting started

I just called a few minutes ago and left a message...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2