PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 05:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Anyone with dead or st5uck pixels, you NEED to replace them. Stuck pixels WILL become deadafter a while since the pixel does not refresh different colors. 72 incl LCD screens bare have 1 or 2 dead or stuck pixels and this 600 dollars 3.6 inch screen should hane NONE. Period. HTC went El Cheapo on the screen.
My Apologies for this....

You NEED to stop this. What you have just said is wrong. There is no evidence to support that they WILL become dead. You ARE misleading and confusing people. You NEED to let people absorb the evidence given them and make their own decision. Some people are having a hard enough time as it is coming to grips with what is truth and what is opinion. Making statements like this is very wrong.

Modes...again my apologies. I would seriously consider removing posts such as that....and mine if you wish.

Dave

Last edited by Paragon; 09-17-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post

You NEED to stop this. What you have just said is wrong. There is no evidence to support that they WILL become dead. You ARE misleading and confusing people. You NEED to let people absorb the evidence given them and make their own decision. Some people are having a hard enough time as it is coming to grips with what is truth and what is opinion. Making statements like this is very wrong.

Modes...again my apologies. I would seriously consider removing posts such as that....and mine if you wish.

Dave
what you didn't know? its exileds favorite past time to pull statements from you know where and post it as fact with nothing to back it up.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP1 > TP2 > Fascinate
Carrier: Verizon

bluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbluruld is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

Dave
Actually I agree with exil3d. From what I've read stuck pixels in time frequently do go dead. A stuck pixel is often hard to see but a dead one will haunt you.

Regardless I do believe HTC did go cheap on the screens to reduce the cost of the phone. If you recall the TP1 was even more pricey with a 2yr contract.
Old 09-17-2009, 07:15 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://www.m.youtube.com/watch?v=liM...ient=mv-google

maybe try this youtube video, itll unstick your pixels and all ya worries will go away.......lol
Old 09-17-2009, 07:28 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Quote:
Anyone with dead or st5uck pixels, you NEED to replace them. Stuck pixels WILL become deadafter a while since the pixel does not refresh different colors. 72 incl LCD screens bare have 1 or 2 dead or stuck pixels and this 600 dollars 3.6 inch screen should hane NONE. Period. HTC went El Cheapo on the screen.
I have a monitor with 2 stuck pixels and they have been stuck like that for 3+ years now and still not dead. While they have a high probability of going dead after a while, they also have a chance of returning to life and working properly again.

As for no dead/stuck pixels on TVs, you do realize that the manufacturing technologies behind TVs and phone LCDs are completely different right? I'm guessing no. Also, the pixels on these phones are about half the size of the pixels on my desktop LCD, and are likely considerably smaller than those on other large LCD panels as well. The smaller the pixels get, the more likely it is that there will be manufacturing defects and also be that much harder to get quality control on the product as detecting bad pixels is that much harder. Also, who's to say these LCDs weren't perfect when they left the factory but were damaged in transport somewhere else causing the defects? There are likely hundreds of reasons for the issue, not necessarily just cheap components. Even if it was a cheap part, HTC is a business, and businesses put out bids for parts and whomever can get the required specs at the lowest price usually gets the contract, and this in turn will lead to cheaper devices or greater profit margins, though usually the latter. If they went with top of the line hardware, the device would likely be $500 after discounts and have no noticeable differences.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2
Carrier: Telus

Paragon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularParagon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluruld View Post
From what I've read stuck pixels in time frequently do go dead.
bluruld, that is a very different statement from what Exil3D said:
Quote:
Anyone with dead or st5uck pixels, you NEED to replace them. Stuck pixels WILL become deadafter a while
I think yours is made with good intentions, whereas the other is from someone with a personal agenda and that is unfair to the person trying to make an INFORMED decision.

I've said far more then I should and will leave it at that, hoping that those reading this thread will be able to sort out what is good info and what isn't.

Dave

Last edited by Paragon; 09-17-2009 at 08:04 PM.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:41 PM
AKA TEMPERBAD
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2/ N1
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on repDragon2 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

my wifes tp2 came today, and it has also 1 dead pixel... hers though you can see in normal use, still, we could give a left testicle or nipple, cause its in the upper left corner so its not like its in the middle.....on a side note her screen tilt is stiff as can be.....
Old 09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I have a monitor with 2 stuck pixels and they have been stuck like that for 3+ years now and still not dead. While they have a high probability of going dead after a while, they also have a chance of returning to life and working properly again.

As for no dead/stuck pixels on TVs, you do realize that the manufacturing technologies behind TVs and phone LCDs are completely different right? I'm guessing no. Also, the pixels on these phones are about half the size of the pixels on my desktop LCD, and are likely considerably smaller than those on other large LCD panels as well. The smaller the pixels get, the more likely it is that there will be manufacturing defects and also be that much harder to get quality control on the product as detecting bad pixels is that much harder. Also, who's to say these LCDs weren't perfect when they left the factory but were damaged in transport somewhere else causing the defects? There are likely hundreds of reasons for the issue, not necessarily just cheap components. Even if it was a cheap part, HTC is a business, and businesses put out bids for parts and whomever can get the required specs at the lowest price usually gets the contract, and this in turn will lead to cheaper devices or greater profit margins, though usually the latter. If they went with top of the line hardware, the device would likely be $500 after discounts and have no noticeable differences.
I hope you realise these phone do sell for over $579.99 right? And its no excuse if HTC decides to increase their profit margin if sacrifice or equal or better lcd than prior devices. remember.. the past devices RARELY had dead or suck pixels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
my wifes tp2 came today, and it has also 1 dead pixel... hers though you can see in normal use, still, we could give a left testicle or nipple, cause its in the upper left corner so its not like its in the middle.....on a side note her screen tilt is stiff as can be.....
Quote:
bluruld, that is a very different statement from what Exil3D said:

I think yours is made with good intentions, whereas the other is from someone with a personal agenda and that is unfair to the person trying to make an INFORMED decision.

I've said far more then I should and will leave it at that, hoping that those reading this thread will be able to sort out what is good info and what isn't.

Dave
Well.. I am sure anyone who is a potential buyer for the PRo 2 would love to hear the fact that 1 out of 3 or 4 devices had stuck pixels. Its not a bias agenda on my part. But rather a simple fact.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:02 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

fryguy1 is a n00b

I have 2 one just below dead center, and one center of to right quarter. Don't notice them normally, just in black screen they are somewhat bright. Don't think it will bother me on normal use.
Old 09-17-2009, 11:00 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

A lot of us upgrade our phones after 1-2 years, just like we did after owning the touch pro for less than a year.... i highly doubt a stuck pixel that you can't even see (unless you turn the lights out, start the camera and stare it closely,) will go dead in that time.

Anyway, we should be asking Touch HD and Rhodium users how their screens are holding up... some have the same problem and those phones have been out for MONTHS. Ask THEM if their stuck pixels have gone dead. BTW, notice something there? those are WVGA screens. Perhaps there's a reason the stuck pixels are more of a problem on these newer devices wth bigger, higher resolution screens. If it hasn't been a problem on smaller, lower resolution screens in years past, there could be a reason. And no, i'm not talking about HTC completely going cheap for all the touch pro2 varieties, touch hd, possibly the diamond2? These phones are considered the best phones they've ever released.

There were stuck pixel and display problems with the touch pro, so those with a tp shouldn't be surprised at all... in fact, it didn't stop you from buying a tp did it? Neither did the raised dpad, chrome and other issues that infected many TPs. So if you guys are willing to wait another year over something silly like this, who's to say future htc phones won't have this problem? I say silly because you can just return it until you get a perfect phone.

Instead of telling people not to buy this phone because of stuck pixels that aren't even visible during regular use, i'm going to tell them to consider what they could be missing out on, which is a fantastic phone - one that i easily call the best i've ever owned.

On a side note, you guys should go check out some PSPs. Now THOSE... are stuck pixels.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2