View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 09:49 PM
Exil3d
Banned User
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
I have a monitor with 2 stuck pixels and they have been stuck like that for 3+ years now and still not dead. While they have a high probability of going dead after a while, they also have a chance of returning to life and working properly again.

As for no dead/stuck pixels on TVs, you do realize that the manufacturing technologies behind TVs and phone LCDs are completely different right? I'm guessing no. Also, the pixels on these phones are about half the size of the pixels on my desktop LCD, and are likely considerably smaller than those on other large LCD panels as well. The smaller the pixels get, the more likely it is that there will be manufacturing defects and also be that much harder to get quality control on the product as detecting bad pixels is that much harder. Also, who's to say these LCDs weren't perfect when they left the factory but were damaged in transport somewhere else causing the defects? There are likely hundreds of reasons for the issue, not necessarily just cheap components. Even if it was a cheap part, HTC is a business, and businesses put out bids for parts and whomever can get the required specs at the lowest price usually gets the contract, and this in turn will lead to cheaper devices or greater profit margins, though usually the latter. If they went with top of the line hardware, the device would likely be $500 after discounts and have no noticeable differences.
I hope you realise these phone do sell for over $579.99 right? And its no excuse if HTC decides to increase their profit margin if sacrifice or equal or better lcd than prior devices. remember.. the past devices RARELY had dead or suck pixels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragon2 View Post
my wifes tp2 came today, and it has also 1 dead pixel... hers though you can see in normal use, still, we could give a left testicle or nipple, cause its in the upper left corner so its not like its in the middle.....on a side note her screen tilt is stiff as can be.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paragon View Post
bluruld, that is a very different statement from what Exil3D said:

I think yours is made with good intentions, whereas the other is from someone with a personal agenda and that is unfair to the person trying to make an INFORMED decision.

I've said far more then I should and will leave it at that, hoping that those reading this thread will be able to sort out what is good info and what isn't.

Dave
Well.. I am sure anyone who is a potential buyer for the PRo 2 would love to hear the fact that 1 out of 3 or 4 devices had stuck pixels. Its not a bias agenda on my part. But rather a simple fact.