PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2009, 10:23 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead pixel POLL

Man one dead Pixel so far. Somebody better alert HTC, this sounds like a total recall of all handsets.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:29 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Dead pixels have always been a thing with LCDs...it happens, the people most likely to have a problem would post and complain. Even though it may be a large amount, the amount that got good devices would surpass.

So even if 5 people post that they got bad pixels, expect 50 if not more to post that their device is fine.

It is not like HTC buys their LCDs on black market or anything lol

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-10-2009, 10:31 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
You are right. But once the thread has been titles and posted you cant change it. So lets just use common sense and consider "stuck and dead" as the same.
Since when can't thread titles be changed? Whenever I updated things in my HTC Home thread I always changed the title.

And to be on topic, I also have no dead/stuck pixels.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I'm liking the results of the poll thus far. It is making me feel much more confident in the Verizon order I'm placing tomorrow.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by banzaiwolfe View Post
Since when can't thread titles be changed? Whenever I updated things in my HTC Home thread I always changed the title.

And to be on topic, I also have no dead/stuck pixels.
I tried to edit it and the onloy part I can edit is the actual post but not the title. So I edited the post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8notime View Post
I'm liking the results of the poll thus far. It is making me feel much more confident in the Verizon order I'm placing tomorrow.
Yes. I agree. If it stay this way its not a big issue. But theres a few more memebers that have reported this problem but they have not voted.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:53 PM
Almost a VIP

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I tried to edit it and the onloy part I can edit is the actual post but not the title. So I edited the post.
You have to do an advanced edit to change titles, it won't let you if you just click edit and do it that way.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Ahhh there you go! Thxs for telling me that! What a noob I was for not knowing that! Its changed.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know its NOT a dead pixel, but i am uncertain if it is actually a "stuck pixel" or if it is a software glitch. I can consistently reproduce the 'effect' by clicking on the Task Manager icon on the TF3D homescreen. Disabling the task manager app resolves the issue, and removes that ugly and clearly visible square at the upper left hand side of the taskbar. I think a hard reset is also in order.

Secretly, Exil3d is dying to get his hands on a TP2. I dont blame you, friend. It is a beautiful device. Being able to see more than a few lines of text at a time in emails, web browers, etc is well worth the upgrayedd!
Old 09-10-2009, 11:42 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo911 View Post
I know its NOT a dead pixel, but i am uncertain if it is actually a "stuck pixel" or if it is a software glitch. I can consistently reproduce the 'effect' by clicking on the Task Manager icon on the TF3D homescreen. Disabling the task manager app resolves the issue, and removes that ugly and clearly visible square at the upper left hand side of the taskbar. I think a hard reset is also in order.

Secretly, Exil3d is dying to get his hands on a TP2. I dont blame you, friend. It is a beautiful device. Being able to see more than a few lines of text at a time in emails, web browers, etc is well worth the upgrayedd!
I don't think that's a stuck pixel, looks more like some odd side effect of a customization you may have done.
Old 09-10-2009, 11:44 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff

These Touch Pro 2 defect threads are getting old. Especially since there doesn't seem to be many, and none MAJOR and not many have the device.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2