View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 07:28 PM
imnuts
VIP Member

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
Anyone with dead or st5uck pixels, you NEED to replace them. Stuck pixels WILL become deadafter a while since the pixel does not refresh different colors. 72 incl LCD screens bare have 1 or 2 dead or stuck pixels and this 600 dollars 3.6 inch screen should hane NONE. Period. HTC went El Cheapo on the screen.
I have a monitor with 2 stuck pixels and they have been stuck like that for 3+ years now and still not dead. While they have a high probability of going dead after a while, they also have a chance of returning to life and working properly again.

As for no dead/stuck pixels on TVs, you do realize that the manufacturing technologies behind TVs and phone LCDs are completely different right? I'm guessing no. Also, the pixels on these phones are about half the size of the pixels on my desktop LCD, and are likely considerably smaller than those on other large LCD panels as well. The smaller the pixels get, the more likely it is that there will be manufacturing defects and also be that much harder to get quality control on the product as detecting bad pixels is that much harder. Also, who's to say these LCDs weren't perfect when they left the factory but were damaged in transport somewhere else causing the defects? There are likely hundreds of reasons for the issue, not necessarily just cheap components. Even if it was a cheap part, HTC is a business, and businesses put out bids for parts and whomever can get the required specs at the lowest price usually gets the contract, and this in turn will lead to cheaper devices or greater profit margins, though usually the latter. If they went with top of the line hardware, the device would likely be $500 after discounts and have no noticeable differences.