PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Do you have 1 or more dead pixel on your pro 2?
YES 54 32.93%
NO 110 67.07%
Voters: 164. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2009, 10:00 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro 2 dead or stuck pixel POLL

Well, I was planning on picking up a TP2 yesterday but decided not to. I'd rather not risk spending $600 on a product that has stuck pixels on it. I won't even tolerate dead/stuck pixels in a $100-$200 computer monitor. A $600 phone is completely unacceptable.

With a seemingly 1/3 chance of getting this problem, i'll just wait.

My TP is going almost a year strong with a perfect screen.

Last edited by Cicatrize; 09-17-2009 at 10:02 AM.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDabler View Post
i have dead pixels or stuck pixel , in not sure the different between of this 2
is on top of the screen, i can see it clearly when i turn it on , while the screen is black and loading the touch flo
Here is a link to the Wikipedia definition that was posted earlier in this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defective_pixel

It explains the differences.
Old 09-17-2009, 10:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicatrize View Post
Well, I was planning on picking up a TP2 yesterday but decided not to. I'd rather not risk spending $600 on a product that has stuck pixels on it. I won't even tolerate dead/stuck pixels in a $100-$200 computer monitor. A $600 phone is completely unacceptable.

With a seemingly 1/3 chance of getting this problem, i'll just wait.

My TP is going almost a year strong with a perfect screen.
I understand and I agree with you; however, for me it was a good decision to upgrade. I was using a Sprint TP1 on VZW, and I did not have the MEID in VZW's database. I was always worried I was going to get bumped from their network. I loved the TP1, and really had no reason to upgrade. Then VZW released it for $199. I got the phone for $99 after my new every two discount. Just could not pass it up. I am really enjoying the TP2. I will miss some of the TP1 features, but I still miss features on other phones I have had in the past; however, what I have gained in the TP2 overshadows what I have lost in the TP1. I really like the phone. For me it was a good choice, but maybe not for others.

Sorry to slightly highjack the thread. Now to get it back on course! According to Wikipedia it is possible that a stuck pixel can become unstuck. So there is hope; however, it could take months or years. Then again it may never happen.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobsOnLine View Post
If the stores have them in stock, that is the best way. Then you can check it before they even program it. However, a friend of my called every store locally, and they still don't have any. You should check in your area. If not, just call them, and ask them to send a replacement. Tell them you have a defective screen with stuck pixels. I had to talk to someone in the warranty department, but they did not give me any problems the first time around.

I tried to get a replacement for my second TP2 (10 stuck pixels) last night, but Verizon would not ship out another one until they get the second one back. Guess I can wait a couple of more days.
I'm hoping mine has them in stock, otherwise there are a few other ones local to me that I can check. I'm going to be stopping by the store anyway as I had a couple of questions about my contract, since the rep I talked to on the phone said I have to cancel my contract and send in the phone to change it from a 2 year to a 1 year, which is complete bull**** (at least i really hope so) because I am still in my trial period.

Did they send you a new kit, or a refurb replacement? I'm just wondering because the same rep I talked to on the phone also said that they would send me a refurb... which I really hope is not the case.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
Did they send you a new kit, or a refurb replacement? I'm just wondering because the same rep I talked to on the phone also said that they would send me a refurb... which I really hope is not the case.
You need to insist on a new TP2 since you're within the 30 day return period. I got a new one, and was told last night that I would get a new one again once they got my second one back. Do not let them send you a refurb. Besides, I would be surprised if they had any refurb's for this phone yet, but I guess anything is possible.
Old 09-17-2009, 12:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

Slack3r is keeping up the good workSlack3r is keeping up the good work

Quote:
You need to insist on a new TP2 since you're within the 30 day return period. I got a new one, and was told last night that I would get a new one again once they got my second one back. Do not let them send you a refurb. Besides, I would be surprised if they had any refurb's for this phone yet, but I guess anything is possible.
Yeah, there's now way I would accept anything less than a new one. I'm probably just going to find out about the contract changes first though, because if I really have to send it in and cancel to get it changed, I'll just do that and get a new one anyway.

So far, this has actually been WAY better than my experience with AT&T and my Fuze... I had to argue with them in the store for an hour to get them to even replace my phone in the first place due to some manufacturing defects, and I was still on my trial period as well.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

RobsOnLine is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slack3r View Post
Yeah, there's now way I would accept anything less than a new one. I'm probably just going to find out about the contract changes first though, because if I really have to send it in and cancel to get it changed, I'll just do that and get a new one anyway.

So far, this has actually been WAY better than my experience with AT&T and my Fuze... I had to argue with them in the store for an hour to get them to even replace my phone in the first place due to some manufacturing defects, and I was still on my trial period as well.
My experience with VZW CS has been hit and miss. I have had times when the CSRs would bend over backwards to help, and then I have been in situations like yours where I almost get into shouting matches with store managers; however, I have always had my issues resolved. I just had to insist.
Old 09-17-2009, 03:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Wind

GDabler is a n00b

Quote:
Here is a link to the Wikipedia definition that was posted earlier in this thread.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Defective_pixel

It explains the differences.
thank you
so i have several stuck pixels! about 3
Old 09-17-2009, 04:16 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

anyone try the software mentioned on http://www.fuzemobility.com/buyer-be...-stuck-pixels/ for checking for stuck pixels?
Old 09-17-2009, 05:06 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy
Threadstarter

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

Anyone with dead or st5uck pixels, you NEED to replace them. Stuck pixels WILL become deadafter a while since the pixel does not refresh different colors. 72 incl LCD screens bare have 1 or 2 dead or stuck pixels and this 600 dollars 3.6 inch screen should hane NONE. Period. HTC went El Cheapo on the screen.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2