PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 02:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

cwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcwbeasley is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to cwbeasley Send a message via Yahoo to cwbeasley
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

This thread is kind of wild, reason being is because there's no one forcing anyone to buy anything. If you don't purchase it, someone else will. I'm that some one, and I'm the same guy who purchased the Xbox 360, Playstation 3, new Oakley's, Maui's etc etc... It's easy, if you want something so bad, just buy it. Or don't. No point in making a big fuss about it. I plan on it, that's what I work and save money for, no point in bashing anyone for it, if you have it in your budget, you can go for it. In fact, I know that in 16 months, there'll be another phone that will come out, and I'll want that one too.

What's all the fuss about?

Nope, I just read a lot.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 02:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

myxheroxfell is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to myxheroxfell

Quote:
Originally Posted by p-slim View Post
Hell no i'm not jumping on this wagon because its stupid. if you can't afford one then you shouldn't get one and trying to start a revolt is stupid. I want a aston martin but can't afford one, should i stand outside of their shop or go on websites and ban them till they lower their prices? this thread is stupid and plus the tp2 is only $50 more then the tp1 was, thats not that big of a difference plus the phone is bigger and better so someone can expect a $50 increase.
Well said, Well said.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:46 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
I should have been more clearer. I know the TP2 is far superior to the TP1 I have and I plan on burning up the plastic to get one but I was refering to the person above my post that said it wasn't any beter than the Mogul he had... so my reply was why buy the TP2 or complain about the cost if you consider it inferior to what you have?
The form factor is the main reason. In my 50's now, the larger screen will help me read things better. And hence a better on-screen keyboard while being a scofflaw and replying to a text or email while driving (in CA - new law). Also, several of my Mogul replacements were refurbs with minor issues that I lived with (the previous one's upper front buttons didn't have any tactile feedback - no "click", making AEButton hard to use, as it was hard to tell if a press had "registered"), and the one I got about 10 days ago was brand NEW, but the keyboard has so many bugs I can't count - some letters repeat instantly, others are very hard to get to register, and the FN key doesn't work at all, hence no numbers, many symbols missing, etc.

I still want a "Super Mogul" from HTC, with all the great features of the Mogul, the TP1&2, but that looks less likely with each release. I suspect it has to do with the "dumbing down" of so many people in the world, where you need a picture to know what to do, and memorizing what a multitude of buttons are for is too hard.
Old 09-02-2009, 05:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

I am definately not purchasing this phone, but not due to the price. The reason is HTC's business practice. They realease the TP1 with a known overheating issue that cripples the phone is certain ways and a laggy gps back from a perfectly working one in the mogul. Instead of repairing the fixable issues with the original, they just release another phone instead of releasing a correctly working phone.

I am 100% sure that after the tp2's release, there will be lots of complaints of things falling apart, running slow, and just being ****ty.

There is absolutely no reason why someone who loves this phone to not get it. I'm just holding out for a Non HTC (Samsung, Toshiba, Microsoft) company to release a ppc so htc can release a quality phone. Screw the price, I will pay good money for a fully working phone.

There is no need for bashing, no need to try to change others opinion. Please be mature enough to accept the fact that people will have varying opinions which may be the complete oposite of yours. What I call bad business practice may be called smart by others. While by not fixing issues on their current phones and just releasing a fix they may loose a few old customers but get more income.

Last edited by esqueue; 09-02-2009 at 05:25 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

the7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuffthe7thson knows their stuff

All this over $350?? Revolt? Hardcore? Wow..

OP - Send me your address, I'll buy you one. Close this thread and move on.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:15 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by the7thson View Post

Wow. I love this forum.
Old 09-02-2009, 07:48 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Sometimes the truth hurts. I'm not mad at the OP. Not one bit. This is America, and to each his own. I didn't say he couldn't start a "revolt". He can send out petitions and hold rallys or whatever he feels like doing. Again, I have ZERO problem with that. What "I" do have a problem with is how everyone wants something for nothing. Handouts! Discounts! Rebates! If the phone costs to much for YOU, then that means you can't afford it. It's pretty simple. Like the first few replies indicate, the phone is not that much more than the original TP. We are gonna revolt against the TP2 because of a $50 increase? I want a BMW, but I can't afford it. So to all my brothers who can, will you not buy one so BMW will lower the price so now I can afford one like all of you? Please!!!!!! It's just silly.

I have no clue if you can afford the TP2, and I'm sorry if I implied you were broke and would charge it to your credit card. But for a majority of Americans, this is exactly how it goes down. You know why? Cause we just went through the biggest down turn in our economy since the great depression. And, it was all because people who can't afford all the things they want, pretending that they can.

So lets do it. Start the revolt. I'm sure the all the people on this board that work their A S S off everyday that can afford this phone will feel your pain and hold out for a few months till the price drops. That way every American that wants a TP2 will not be left out. No one should do without a TP2, NO ONE!!!

I found this on the net. I'm sure most have seen it. Sorry OP for dropping on you like I did, but man I just get aggrevated:

Quote:

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

“When half of the people get the idea they do not have o work because the other half is going to care for them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”

You get mad at rebates? You think their arent companies out there that gouge customers and maybe release things more expensive to make extra cash when it could be a lot cheaper? Companies have a right to a nice profit but their is definitely another side where the customers get gouged. What do you say about the old HTC phones that over heated and GPS not working? Should the customer just take it and quit whining?

and WTF does this have to do with working!??! Again you are really making one major leap dude you have issues. Im making around $60k a year i have disposable income im trying to save money while still buying the things i want and need i really dont get where youre coming from on this.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Quote:

Deus ex machina! I didn't see that coming.

Last edited by The Sapient; 09-02-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 09-02-2009, 09:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

what a revolting revolt =(
Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:

If I start kicking and screaming over the price will you buy me one too? Please? Pretty, Pretty please?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2