PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 6700 & 6900
Carrier: Verizon

buddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good workbuddhatikkigod is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

The op's request is kinda out there, as it is we cant wait for this phone to come out i doubt any of us are going to wait longer to try to stick it to Sprint, i might be able to do a day or two at most

But damn KrazyKevin that is one BIG jump you made and to even get mad at the OP is just ridiculous. What is wrong with you?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Man this phone brings out a lot of passion and hostility. HTC must be on to something. A couple of weeks and we will be leaning on each other for tweaks and upgrades. A vicious cycle.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
Man this phone brings out a lot of passion and hostility. HTC must be on to something. A couple of weeks and we will be leaning on each other for tweaks and upgrades. A vicious cycle.
Oh so true!

The only place where the op messed up is he created a thread which will basically postpone the phone that everyone on a PPC website is waiting for, so he should definitely be expecting the heat from everyone.
Old 09-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Sometimes the truth hurts. I'm not mad at the OP. Not one bit. This is America, and to each his own. I didn't say he couldn't start a "revolt". He can send out petitions and hold rallys or whatever he feels like doing. Again, I have ZERO problem with that. What "I" do have a problem with is how everyone wants something for nothing. Handouts! Discounts! Rebates! If the phone costs to much for YOU, then that means you can't afford it. It's pretty simple. Like the first few replies indicate, the phone is not that much more than the original TP. We are gonna revolt against the TP2 because of a $50 increase? I want a BMW, but I can't afford it. So to all my brothers who can, will you not buy one so BMW will lower the price so now I can afford one like all of you? Please!!!!!! It's just silly.

I have no clue if you can afford the TP2, and I'm sorry if I implied you were broke and would charge it to your credit card. But for a majority of Americans, this is exactly how it goes down. You know why? Cause we just went through the biggest down turn in our economy since the great depression. And, it was all because people who can't afford all the things they want, pretending that they can.

So lets do it. Start the revolt. I'm sure the all the people on this board that work their A S S off everyday that can afford this phone will feel your pain and hold out for a few months till the price drops. That way every American that wants a TP2 will not be left out. No one should do without a TP2, NO ONE!!!

I found this on the net. I'm sure most have seen it. Sorry OP for dropping on you like I did, but man I just get aggrevated:

Quote:

“You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the wealthy out of freedom. What one person receives without working for, another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else.

“When half of the people get the idea they do not have o work because the other half is going to care for them, and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for, that, my friend, is about the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it.”
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:05 PM
That guy with the axe
Pocket PC: MotoDroid
Carrier: Verizon

breakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on repbreakmyfootoff is halfway to VIP status based on rep

There is at least one competitor to HTC on WM. The Omnia2 is statistically better in almost every category, but it doesnt have the physical keyboard that so many of you guys prefer. Unfortunately Samsung pulled a bonehead move and gave this phone to Verizon exclusively .

My primary waste of time and money http://www.cardomain.com/id/FireDiverZ28
Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Sometimes the truth hurts. I'm not mad at the OP. Not one bit. This is America, and to each his own. I didn't say he couldn't start a "revolt". He can send out petitions and hold rallys or whatever he feels like doing. Again, I have ZERO problem with that. What "I" do have a problem with is how everyone wants something for nothing. Handouts! Discounts! Rebates! If the phone costs to much for YOU, then that means you can't afford it. It's pretty simple. Like the first few replies indicate, the phone is not that much more than the original TP. We are gonna revolt against the TP2 because of a $50 increase? I want a BMW, but I can't afford it. So to all my brothers who can, will you not buy one so BMW will lower the price so now I can afford one like all of you? Please!!!!!! It's just silly.
There is a word for when the price of a product drops due to a lack of demand. It's "capitalism". The OP did NOT ask for "something for nothing". He said he felt the phone was overpriced. He merely suggested that people who agree should hold off on buying it in order to put downward pressure on the price.

His plan is unworkable, but it sure has heck is not as disconnected from reality as your angry responses.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

Not angry at all my friend. The OP is the one who is "Disconnected" for complaining and wanting additional rebates/discounts for a phone that is only $50 more than its original version. We are calling for a revolt over $50!!!!!

May I ask what part of my post is disconnected from reality? This is all reality!
Old 09-01-2009, 10:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
Not angry at all my friend. The OP is the one who is "Disconnected" for complaining and wanting additional rebates/discounts for a phone that is only $50 more than its original version. We are calling for a revolt over $50!!!!!

May I ask what part of my post is disconnected from reality? This is all reality!
What part? Easy enough. The belief that someone who doesn't think the TP2 is worth $350 must not be able to pay for it, but will buy it on a credit card anyway. The part where you claim he is asking for "something for nothing". The part where you claim that a belief that the TP2 is worth less than $350 represents "exactly what is wrong with the word today". In fact, your posts seem like they are directed at someone in your head, as they have very little to do with the material in the posts you are responding to. You sound like the very act of not buying the phone oppresses you.

And I'm done with this thread. It started as silly, and quickly moved to exceptionally stupid.

Last edited by The Sapient; 09-01-2009 at 10:47 PM.
Old 09-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC hero

jjday7 is keeping up the good workjjday7 is keeping up the good work

people looking for alternatives to the overpriced touch pro 2 may like the upcoming here....but I think there may be another revolt against this. Hero fans might like or not like this. I peronally don't....

http://phandroid.com/2009/09/01/spri...o-has-no-chin/
Old 09-02-2009, 12:30 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

wesd is a n00b

Sign me up, I'll vote with my wallet and not give Sprint the money I was planning to for this phone.

I have a bona-fide business reason for getting this phone but will skip for now based on principle. I am not going to pay $350 for a warmed-over version of what I already own with a buggy O/S that is bordering on irrelevancy. This phone should not have been released until WM 6.5 was available.

I'm also not going to buy it because, IMO, the HTC Touch Pro is only marginally better than the Mogul, and buying the TP2 for more than $199 would be a sign to HTC that they can continue to rush subpar phones to the market and people will gobble them up.

One thing that irks me about the WinMo-based phones is that they seem to be chasing the iPhone, trying to be all things iPhone. Why can't HTC/WinMo develop it's own identity?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2