PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 06:23 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyKevin76 View Post
To the OP:

This is exactly what is wrong with the world today. Everyone wants to have everything and are not willing to work for it. What do we do? ***** and complain because "I don't want to pay for it". You opening post is just down right hilarious. Why should some company bow down to your request? Or anyones request? You are correct, it is about supply and demand. I'm sure Sprint has put just a tad bit more thought into the pricing than you have. They are a global business. Not the greatest, but they didn't get there by luck. If $350 or whatever is out of your price range, then you might just have to buy a cheaper phone. Ever thought of that? You probably haven't and will charge it to your credit card which you won't pay off. That will then be passed on to the other 250+ million americans who will bail you out. Its the American way!!!!!!
awesome, awesome post!
Old 09-01-2009, 06:32 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

Quote:
To the OP:

This is exactly what is wrong with the world today. Everyone wants to have everything and are not willing to work for it. What do we do? ***** and complain because "I don't want to pay for it". You opening post is just down right hilarious. Why should some company bow down to your request? Or anyones request? You are correct, it is about supply and demand. I'm sure Sprint has put just a tad bit more thought into the pricing than you have. They are a global business. Not the greatest, but they didn't get there by luck. If $350 or whatever is out of your price range, then you might just have to buy a cheaper phone. Ever thought of that? You probably haven't and will charge it to your credit card which you won't pay off. That will then be passed on to the other 250+ million americans who will bail you out. Its the American way!!!!!!
You do know that we are the reason they are in business. It's called competition.

They have to be competitive or else they won't make it, because we have choices. This is America, and in America you milk these companies to the dime because if you don't. You are in reality uninformed and instead getting your cow mammary glands milked instead. It's your duty as an informed consumer to *****, Complain, moan, whatever it takes to get what you deserve. Sure, it sounds selfish, and it sounds rude, but this isn't about being complimentary or nice, it's about getting the most of what you pay for.

Yes, I think its a highway robbery to buy a TP2 for $450. But thats always the sticker price. Just like when you buy a car, you can (As I said above) negotiate your terms.

I agree the above post is hypocritical. But being a consumer is not about being a goody two shoes.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 | HTC Hero
Threadstarter

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
To the OP:

Really, is that all you got out of that, that I'm not willing or cannot make the means to pay for it, you're truly an arrogant A S S. Also, since you know me so well, you should no I don't use credit, cash or I don't need it.

Since you cannot fathom the thought of my opinion which I clearly state I know it is impossible, and because you don't agree with it, which I'm not forcing you to my view, you rather expose the real A S S you are!

Have a nice life looser

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

appzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regularappzattak is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to appzattak Send a message via MSN to appzattak Send a message via Yahoo to appzattak Send a message via Skype™ to appzattak

Quote:
Originally Posted by x10guy View Post
I find this thread a bit amusing about starting a revolt against Sprint... It is just a phone.

I'd say, just let the law of supply and demand run it's course. I'm sure Sprint will get an idea of how well it is selling within the first 2 weeks. If it isn't selling, I'm sure the price will come down.
Why so serious folks, like I said it is impossible, but you know thought is really cool, too me anyway.

Sure did get folks fired up though huh....lol
Old 09-01-2009, 06:51 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
Really, is that all you got out of that, that I'm not willing or cannot make the means to pay for it, you're truly an arrogant A S S. Also, since you know me so well, you should no I don't use credit, cash or I don't need it.

Since you cannot fathom the thought of my opinion which I clearly state I know it is impossible, and because you don't agree with it, which I'm not forcing you to my view, you rather expose the real A S S you are!

Have a nice life looser
You really are in no position to insult, all over a measly thread and some opinions over how unfair the price of the Sprint TP2 is advertised as.

We get it.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

The Sapient is keeping up the good workThe Sapient is keeping up the good work

The first post was silly in that it presents a plan that is highly unlikely to have any impact. But to suggest that a willingness to play hardball to negotiate for lower prices shows a sense of entitlement, to suggest that people who are willing to propose such negotiations must be financially irresponsible, is far more absurd than anything from the OP. The leap from what the OP said to what that poster was accused of is bizarre, to say the least.

A willingness to negotiate is hardly "exactly what is wrong with the world today." Allow me to offer that the world suffers far more from ignorance and a lack of critical thinking than haggling.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2, XV6900, XV6700
Carrier: Verizon

Speed_419 is just getting started

This has got to be the most uninformative thread I have ever read on this site. I can't believe I just wasted time in my life reading about something that will never make a difference. But, if you honestly think that you can get them to lower the price, please feel free to spend your time trying to convince the rest of us not to purchase the phone we have all wanted to buy since we ever heard about it. All I can say is, "Good Luck."
Speed..

Currently Running
Mighty ROM SE
Old 09-01-2009, 07:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by laos101 View Post
You really are in no position to insult, all over a measly thread and some opinions over how unfair the price of the Sprint TP2 is advertised as.

We get it.
You're right, however who insulted who first? Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sapient View Post
The first post was silly in that it presents a plan that is highly unlikely to have any impact. But to suggest that a willingness to play hardball to negotiate for lower prices shows a sense of entitlement, to suggest that people who are willing to propose such negotiations must be financially irresponsible, is far more absurd than anything from the OP. The leap from what the OP said to what that poster was accused of is bizarre, to say the least.

A willingness to negotiate is hardly "exactly what is wrong with the world today." Allow me to offer that the world suffers far more from ignorance and a lack of critical thinking than haggling.
Good point. I like your ending statement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed_419 View Post
This has got to be the most uninformative thread I have ever read on this site. I can't believe I just wasted time in my life reading about something that will never make a difference. But, if you honestly think that you can get them to lower the price, please feel free to spend your time trying to convince the rest of us not to purchase the phone we have all wanted to buy since we ever heard about it. All I can say is, "Good Luck."
Speed..
See now this is a nice reply. as I already stated, I know it is impossible. But I've had fun with this all.
Old 09-01-2009, 07:28 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by appzattak View Post
You're right, however who insulted who first? Thanks.
Well, as the saying goes.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:31 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor

Good Idea but it will never work.They will prolly drop the pric or rebate the TP2 when it has been out for a while but not now. Maybe you should wait a while or start saving.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2