PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2009, 02:43 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
If a new phone is no better than the one you have.. why would you want to upgrade in the first place? That would make the word upgrade an oxymoron.
Every person sets whats important to them. Obviously the TP2 has its advantage being newer generation. But to some people that increase does not justify the cost.

Lets use a car as an example..when you buy one you can order extra features like sun roof or etc...you may not particularly NEED a sun roof but would get it for a reasonable sum, but if that sun roof costs you 1/2 the price of the car, most would say no way..but some would go for it cause sun roof is whats important to them.

I like my mogul, but to me a TP2 is worth the upgrade mostly for the fact that it fixes the overheating issue when using wifi.

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-01-2009, 02:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBundo View Post
Where do you get that from?
He is being skeptical.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: VZW TP2 GREATEST VZW PHONE EVER
Carrier: VZW

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
If a new phone is no better than the one you have.. why would you want to upgrade in the first place? That would make the word upgrade an oxymoron.
It's all relative. Those who travel a lot, need to have a GSM phone. I'm my case, the last 3 years, I've been using a Sony Ericsson pre-paid. The phone is terrible and I use it only to make phone calls, but it was cheap and needs no contract. If I wanted the GSM version of the TP, I would have to pay full retail (519 euros or ~$730) or pay a monthly subscription I don't need 10 months out of year.

In addition, most european carriers don't offer insurance on handsets, so I would pay $730 for a phone and have no protection.

So this phone solves all my, and I'm sure other travelers, problems. I can have the exact same phone wherever I am in the world regardless of network. Don't have to learn new interfaces and I only need one monthly subscription. The phone is insured in case I damage or lose it.

So as you can see, the new features available in the TP2 mean a great deal to me and I'm sure many business users. So $350 is basically buying two phones and tremendous convenience and cost savings.

I certainly won't complain about the larger, higher res screen and 3.5mm jack.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Young-E
Pocket PC: TP2

Young_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIPYoung_breedent is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnmatt View Post
It's all relative. Those who travel a lot, need to have a GSM phone. I'm my case, the last 3 years, I've been using a Sony Ericsson pre-paid. The phone is terrible and I use it only to make phone calls, but it was cheap and needs no contract. If I wanted the GSM version of the TP, I would have to pay full retail (519 euros or ~$730) or pay a monthly subscription I don't need 10 months out of year.

In addition, most european carriers don't offer insurance on handsets, so I would pay $730 for a phone and have no protection.

So this phone solves all my, and I'm sure other travelers, problems. I can have the exact same phone wherever I am in the world regardless of network. Don't have to learn new interfaces and I only need one monthly subscription. The phone is insured in case I damage or lose it.

So as you can see, the new features available in the TP2 mean a great deal to me and I'm sure many business users. So $350 is basically buying two phones and tremendous convenience and cost savings.

I certainly won't complain about the larger, higher res screen and 3.5mm jack.
Very well put
Minnesota Militia/Touch Pro Division
Old 09-01-2009, 03:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

x10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on repx10guy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I find this thread a bit amusing about starting a revolt against Sprint... It is just a phone.

I'd say, just let the law of supply and demand run it's course. I'm sure Sprint will get an idea of how well it is selling within the first 2 weeks. If it isn't selling, I'm sure the price will come down.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:22 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Telus

northernpenguin is keeping up the good worknorthernpenguin is keeping up the good work

Could be worse. You can pre-order the Samsung Omnia II for $1000 on Amazon if you don't like the $350 for the TP2 (under contract)

http://www.wmexperts.com/pre-order-omnia-ii-999
Old 09-01-2009, 03:55 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II in Hand
Carrier: VZW MR1 6.5

Tech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuffTech Addiction knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
Every person sets whats important to them. Obviously the TP2 has its advantage being newer generation. But to some people that increase does not justify the cost.

Lets use a car as an example..when you buy one you can order extra features like sun roof or etc...you may not particularly NEED a sun roof but would get it for a reasonable sum, but if that sun roof costs you 1/2 the price of the car, most would say no way..but some would go for it cause sun roof is whats important to them.

I like my mogul, but to me a TP2 is worth the upgrade mostly for the fact that it fixes the overheating issue when using wifi.
I should have been more clearer. I know the TP2 is far superior to the TP1 I have and I plan on burning up the plastic to get one but I was refering to the person above my post that said it wasn't any beter than the Mogul he had... so my reply was why buy the TP2 or complain about the cost if you consider it inferior to what you have?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:29 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

KrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good workKrazyKevin76 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to KrazyKevin76

To the OP:

This is exactly what is wrong with the world today. Everyone wants to have everything and are not willing to work for it. What do we do? ***** and complain because "I don't want to pay for it". You opening post is just down right hilarious. Why should some company bow down to your request? Or anyones request? You are correct, it is about supply and demand. I'm sure Sprint has put just a tad bit more thought into the pricing than you have. They are a global business. Not the greatest, but they didn't get there by luck. If $350 or whatever is out of your price range, then you might just have to buy a cheaper phone. Ever thought of that? You probably haven't and will charge it to your credit card which you won't pay off. That will then be passed on to the other 250+ million americans who will bail you out. Its the American way!!!!!!
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 05:29 PM
The PPCG CR Guy!
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Laos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIPLaos101 is a VIP
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Laos101

God, will everyone stop the damn ranting and arguing?

For one thing, coverage and quality assurance is important. If you here will switch over a cheap TP2, I direct you to the T-Mobile TP2 via htc online store (Who, IMHO, will not even switch for a free TP2)

Honestly, carriers are VERY important when it comes to picking a phone. Verizon put it well with their Blackberry commercials (Want this 3G capable device to be a PDA or a smartphone? Well I hope your coverage penetrates the office building!), and it's up to you to decide how far you will go.

Now, for the record, Verizon and Sprint are the only two carriers I negotiate with. That being said, the only one left for you to hop the wagon is Verizon, but that's useless. Verizon will match, or just go under the offering price of Sprint most likely?

Why? Because neither have their priorities set on luxury WinMo Phones. Sprint has the Pre, and Verizon has (most of) the LG BREW network (The big craze is EnV3 these days). You offer it exclusively, and want to maximize your profits on it. It's a brand new device and they want to make the money they spent customizing it for their carrier and all other costs NOW, rather later in the monthly fees, especially since you can modify the phones to cross carriers.

My point here is do NOT ever say carriers do not matter. Unless of course you only mean two of them (I'm in the American case here) that are CDMA and matter for Smart Phones. In my conclusion, I will tell you that Verizon and Sprint are on the same bandwagon, and neither is interested in gaining us as a consumer group, because they ends don't meet the means for the costs of reducing prices for us. Verizon is running dry on the smartphone market. I'll say that, but thats the only thing that convinces me they will *possibly* lower their price against sprint and try to match T-Mobile instead, but they make their money from the kiddies who use BREW Phones, not smartphones. They make the money through apps, services (like SMS) that they super charge for.

Well, I was hoping for $350, but at 450 (i'm guessing is going to be the verizon price). I'll have to sell my Verizon TP to make up for that.

Welcome to 1984 btw, you never left the bandwagon.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-01-2009, 06:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: evo
Carrier: sprint

correct knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuffcorrect knows their stuff

i honestly can't complain about anything concerning sprint. i switched to sprint when the mogul came out. halfway through a two year contract, they allowed me to upgrade to a tp on day 1 for $150 with a 1 year contract which is almost up. with data alone i save $15 a month. that's a saving of $180 a year. with that being said (typed), noway can i cry about a $50 price increase.

i'm going to wait a little bit to see what best buy gonna do, but i'm definitely buying.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2