View Single Post
Old 09-01-2009, 02:47 PM
isdnmatt
Regular 'Geeker

isdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuffisdnmatt knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: TP2 Revolt against Sprint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech Addiction View Post
If a new phone is no better than the one you have.. why would you want to upgrade in the first place? That would make the word upgrade an oxymoron.
It's all relative. Those who travel a lot, need to have a GSM phone. I'm my case, the last 3 years, I've been using a Sony Ericsson pre-paid. The phone is terrible and I use it only to make phone calls, but it was cheap and needs no contract. If I wanted the GSM version of the TP, I would have to pay full retail (519 euros or ~$730) or pay a monthly subscription I don't need 10 months out of year.

In addition, most european carriers don't offer insurance on handsets, so I would pay $730 for a phone and have no protection.

So this phone solves all my, and I'm sure other travelers, problems. I can have the exact same phone wherever I am in the world regardless of network. Don't have to learn new interfaces and I only need one monthly subscription. The phone is insured in case I damage or lose it.

So as you can see, the new features available in the TP2 mean a great deal to me and I'm sure many business users. So $350 is basically buying two phones and tremendous convenience and cost savings.

I certainly won't complain about the larger, higher res screen and 3.5mm jack.
This post has been thanked 2 times.