PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Pocket PC: Razr MAXX
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Looks Like My TP2 Days are Over

ROTFLOL!!!

Logged onto my Sprint account a minute ago and found out that I was just "upgraded" to Sprint Premier Gold! Wooohooo! Party at my place. Oh wait on the party...I have final exams to finish.

David
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-14-2011, 06:16 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ
Carrier: Sprint

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
Logged onto my Sprint account a minute ago and found out that I was just "upgraded" to Sprint Premier Gold!
are you sure you don't want the mystery box?
Old 09-15-2011, 01:21 AM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN View Post
ROTFLOL!!!

Logged onto my Sprint account a minute ago and found out that I was just "upgraded" to Sprint Premier Gold! Wooohooo! Party at my place. Oh wait on the party...I have final exams to finish.

David
grats..and guess how sprint is going to appreciate your loyalty for all these years?

yup..they ending that program by end of the year..

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 09-15-2011, 07:41 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post
grats..and guess how sprint is going to appreciate your loyalty for all these years?

What he said. Sprint is either making a good move to save money or a horrible move which will bring them down. Time will tell. All I know is that sprint is getting rid of perks and raising prices at the wrong time. Especially when they sit there and say how att merger with tmo is going to hurt the consumer. They themselves are hurting the consumers with all these raises and takeaways.

Sent from my HTC EvO 3D... On The Now Network
Old 09-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

DaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the communityDaveTN is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by gTen View Post

LOL, yeah I just read that on engadget this morning.

David
Old 09-15-2011, 09:22 AM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Got a call last night that my 4th replacement TP2 arrived at the local Sprint store. Heading over there an a bit to see how this one turns out.

David
Old 09-15-2011, 02:50 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Ya know, I just freakin give up. You win Sprint.

I picked up my 4th replacement phone today and of course, its a refurb and the moisture indicator is peeled off - which is what I guess is SOP for the refurbs. But, this one also has a blue blotch on the screen like my other one AND it has the "oil spot" under the screen as well. It wasn't noticable in the store with the flourescent lighting but when I got home and put it down on my desk it jumped out like a jack-in-the box. And its bad too. It coveres the majority of the screen all except for about a 1/8th " border between it and the screen edge.

I'm freakin over this crap.

David
Old 09-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTN
Ya know, I just freakin give up. You win Sprint.

I picked up my 4th replacement phone today and of course, its a refurb and the moisture indicator is peeled off - which is what I guess is SOP for the refurbs. But, this one also has a blue blotch on the screen like my other one AND it has the "oil spot" under the screen as well. It wasn't noticable in the store with the flourescent lighting but when I got home and put it down on my desk it jumped out like a jack-in-the box. And its bad too. It coveres the majority of the screen all except for about a 1/8th " border between it and the screen edge.

I'm freakin over this crap.

David
Damn, I don't understand why they don't automatically replace the digitizers on all the refurbs. Seems like that should be a standard part of the refurb process.
Looks like you should order another one.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:43 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Can't get water from a stone eh? ...

I have until 12/31/12?! Nice. They simply want all of us on the expensive plans... period. What amazes me is at the risk of losing millions of customers...

Re. a page back or two....
My ear always use to put the phone into airplane mode... every call! Just ask NinjaDuck, I dumped him 3 times in one call!!!!!!!! errrrgggghhhh

S2U2 is suppose to work fine, but that's not what I used...
... am shutting down Droid now & will power into windows & let you know what I did.. (I HATED the proximity sensor, my solution was to hit the top power key when I picked up a call if it wasn't a quick one, but.. my ear would come away from the phone, turning the backlight on again, if it stayed off, it would work fine, but then my ear would navigate to settings & hit airplane mode on!!!!!)

Probably not the same issue as you are having, but thought I'd toss that one in the rink... (hockey that is)

OK, phones almost into Windows again (btw droid 7.1 with SD booster, class 10 SD, OC'd to 748 is perfect, everything works for me)
cmon sense, hurry up...........
GEESSSHHH, couldn't find it... TouchLockPro, I turned it off completely.. Everything is wonderful in lala land now :>))

Hey Shaggy:
Lot's of $12 tickets..
here
here
here
here...

Last edited by teradog; 09-15-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 09-16-2011, 07:35 PM
Unlimited is um, limited
Threadstarter

Well, I went back to the store today and the tech did in fact verify that the screen did have the rainbow and the blue spot but when she went to order the replacement she got a message - and showed it to me too - that said "warning this customer has had in excess of five replacements within the last 60 days". It would not let her go past that screen to order another phone so I went home and called the bitch line again. I did maintain my composure, dignity and tact and was transferred to corporate "escalations" where I got to speak with a very friendly rep who was apparently well practiced in dealing with people like me... LOL. She politely told me that I had exhausted all of my alotted replacements and I replied that it would not have happened had Sprint not had better quality control and the reason for replacements was sprints fault and not mine. So, after some time on the phone with her, I was transferred to the "multiple replacements" Dpt. (where the heck do they come up with this crap?). So then I was told that they had not received the replacement that the sprint store sent back yesterday so they could not do anything until it was logged back in which could take up to a week. Good way to shut me up.
The funny thing was when the escalations girl started reading the notes on my account, her response was "oh, oh my goodness".

So in the mean time, a regedit fixed the proximity sensor and it sticks after a SR, but I still have the rectangular rainbow and blue spot.

Looks like I have to wait until next Friday and drive back out to the repair center and have my phone looked at.

Oh and she gave me the option of replacing my wifes phone for free but I refused because I had to re-up for two more years and then she told me that she could send me a replenish which I refused.

Stay tuned...

David

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2