PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2011, 04:09 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Anyone else having connection issues with mini opera?

I wouldn't rule it out, it's def suspicious. try it in the Android build and see if it works.
Old 04-22-2011, 04:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

sonysw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I have the same problem. Try to re-install and work for 1-2 minutes and then go back to turtle mode !
Old 04-22-2011, 04:52 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

banzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on repbanzaiwolfe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to banzaiwolfe

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
God, I really hope this isnt the case. I really love Opera mini, everything else just seems too slow to me. Hopefully they do resolve it quickly. Has anyone ever tried installing Opera Mini 6 to a tp2 without android? Whats the reason it wont work? I saw somewhere that its supposed to support windows 6.5, but when you look up by phone, they suggest mini 5.1. Why is this?
Mini 6 wasn't released for WM, you would need to use the java version for 6.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

sigma_wrx is a n00b

Looks like the opera servers are down. Changing socket to http works for me. Settings-advanced-protocol-http.
Old 04-22-2011, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: i637
Carrier: T-Mobile

subzerobob is a n00b

slow as s**t since 11PM last night [April 20TH 2011]. I have WM 6.5 AT&T Samsung Jack, and Opera Mini 5, and it is the only browser that actually made sense on this device. I really hope they are not doing a skyfire on my ass, cuz that will be it for me - no more freaking devices and idiotic crap, etc.

P.S. A friend just told me that Opera is not ditching Windows. On the contrary - Opera is Supporting Windows by pushing everyone move up from WM 5x WM 6x to upgrade to Windows 7. And you can see that Opera Mobile 11 has an official release for W7.

I am thinking that Opera might eventually retire their servers which WM 6.5 runs on, and that will be "The Ditching" which, by the way, is kinda what Skyfire did...
Why can't they run the newer versions of Opera on the same servers as the older ones? Or maybe that's what they are doing right now, and that's what's causing this slow down??

Last edited by subzerobob; 04-22-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigma_wrx View Post
Looks like the opera servers are down. Changing socket to http works for me. Settings-advanced-protocol-http.
changing "socket" to "http" only fixed it temporarily for me..

Dam!
I hard reset my phone and change my PRL
and STILL have this slow down issue!
I just checked in now to see...
thank God I thought I fried my phone radio,
by leaving it on WiFi router for a few hours other night.
This slowdown started yesterday right?
EDIT:
Time to try that new browser posted the other day...ucBrowser7.6

Last edited by Maxx134; 04-22-2011 at 08:36 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: metro pcs

youngtjjones is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to youngtjjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by machek View Post
God, I really hope this isnt the case. I really love Opera mini, everything else just seems too slow to me. Hopefully they do resolve it quickly. Has anyone ever tried installing Opera Mini 6 to a tp2 without android? Whats the reason it wont work? I saw somewhere that its supposed to support windows 6.5, but when you look up by phone, they suggest mini 5.1. Why is this?
uc web 7 is not bad. its real fast, you should try it.
Old 04-22-2011, 09:33 PM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngtjjones View Post
uc web 7 is not bad. its real fast, you should try it.
Just tried it.
It is fast as Opera Mini, thats it.
Does not load pages in similar viewing.
Nothing looks as good as Opera Mini
Time to try old Opera or Opera 10...
Old 04-22-2011, 09:59 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
looks to me like they are doing a skyfire and cutting off the WM faithful and then going down for the likes of Android and crApple. they already only released the new versions for those platforms only.
Your observation made me realize the slowdown occured when they released the Android versions to the marketplace.
So my guess is that this has something to do with our slowdowns.

It is my assumption that Servers are not down, just being allocated to Android users.
The longer this takes to be resolved, the more severe it must be.
Old 04-22-2011, 10:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

machek is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
changing "socket" to "http" only fixed it temporarily for me..

Dam!
I hard reset my phone and change my PRL
and STILL have this slow down issue!
I just checked in now to see...
thank God I thought I fried my phone radio,
by leaving it on WiFi router for a few hours other night.
This slowdown started yesterday right?
EDIT:
Time to try that new browser posted the other day...ucBrowser7.6

Wow, that sucks. I'm sorry you didnt see my post earlier. I thought it was my phone too, but then figured I'd at least try to post something to see if anyone else was having the issue. Although I'm glad I'm not the only one, it still doesn't solve the problem we are all in. Hopefully they do fix it somehow. It seems to be a little better lately. Maybe the large amounts of downloads, and people playing around with their new browser will wear down to a normal usage and not tax the system so much. One can hope, but then again, it didn't work too well with Obama now did it.
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2