PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Anyone else having connection issues with mini opera? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=142990)

machek 04-22-2011 03:10 AM

Anyone else having connection issues with mini opera?

Anyone else having connection issues with mini opera 5? I never had problems with viewing pages until today, and it takes forever to load most of the time today. No matter what page I go to, same problem. I tried reinstalling mini opera, and I still have the problem, so I was maybe thinking its their servers? However I haven't seen anyone commenting about it here, so I'm not sure if its my phone or not. Sometimes it all loads fine, but 9 of 10 times today, its slow as crap. Anyone else?

steveo70 04-22-2011 04:13 AM

Re: Anyone else having connection issues with mini opera?

Yep, still use my TP2 as a wifi device and had this all afternoon. Mine cleared up around 11p.m. central. Back to normal now.

machek 04-22-2011 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by steveo70 (Post 2089014)
Yep, still use my TP2 as a wifi device and had this all afternoon. Mine cleared up around 11p.m. central. Back to normal now.

Ok, I'm still in the Turtle mode, and its very annoying. ](*,)

Tinkerbell 04-22-2011 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by machek (Post 2089025)
Ok, I'm still in the Turtle mode, and its very annoying. ](*,)

Well, this is very strange... I am having the same issue. Just flashed a fresh 29019 here to try and resolve the problem...

UPDATE! Okay, that did nothing to resolve the problem. This 29019 feels solid though!

banzaiwolfe 04-22-2011 12:24 PM

I am having issues with Opera Mini 5 as well, it pretty much won't load anything. Other browsers and apps that use data are working fine.

Tinkerbell 04-22-2011 12:38 PM

Yes... their servers must be down. I hope this gets fixed soon as this is the main browser that I use here!!

banzaiwolfe 04-22-2011 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell (Post 2089184)
Yes... their servers must be down. I hope this gets fixed soon as this is the main browser that I use here!!

Same here, I've been relying on it for years.

eric12341 04-22-2011 02:53 PM

looks to me like they are doing a skyfire and cutting off the WM faithful and then going down for the likes of Android and crApple. they already only released the new versions for those platforms only.

banzaiwolfe 04-22-2011 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2089301)
looks to me like they are doing a skyfire and cutting off the WM faithful and then going down for the likes of Android and crApple. they already only released the new versions for those platforms only.

Doubt it, I'm using the latest java version of Mini, which is still being updated.

machek 04-22-2011 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eric12341 (Post 2089301)

God, I really hope this isnt the case. I really love Opera mini, everything else just seems too slow to me. Hopefully they do resolve it quickly. Has anyone ever tried installing Opera Mini 6 to a tp2 without android? Whats the reason it wont work? I saw somewhere that its supposed to support windows 6.5, but when you look up by phone, they suggest mini 5.1. Why is this?