PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which phone should I get?
HTC EVO 11 11.83%
EPIC 4g 9 9.68%
HTC ARRIVE 14 15.05%
HTC EVO 3D 45 48.39%
Galaxy S II 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2011, 12:29 AM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dont want to give up my TP2, But is it time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Im not able to get the upgrade because I tol from someone with a sero plan so Im still in contract.

Well It looks like the price was my final say. I bought the Galaxy S on ebay for 180$ I think its a for now.

Samsung SPH-D700 Epic 4G / Galaxy S (Sprint)!!! - eBay (item 160593158888 end time May-26-11 11:59:16 PDT)
Double congrats... you made the right move.

Old 05-27-2011, 12:44 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Cool... looking forward to a full report!
so how bout that HTC trophy? its selling like hot cakes, were u one of the ones to pick one up?
Old 05-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

The only thing that Im really upset about is paying the 4g service when Im no where near 4g service.

Old 05-28-2011, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
Quote:
The only thing that Im really upset about is paying the 4g service when Im no where near 4g service.
If you were on sero, ask for the plus plan, you'll save 10, and get more minutes if you are not on unlimited. Be prepared to possibly be on the phone for a while, and you may need to provide that sero address again.
Old 05-28-2011, 08:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akastixx View Post
If you were on sero, ask for the plus plan, you'll save 10, and get more minutes if you are not on unlimited. Be prepared to possibly be on the phone for a while, and you may need to provide that sero address again.
is that the sero premium?

which is 40$ a month?

then another 10$ for 4g service?

or is that upgrading to 1250 mins but dont you still have to pay for the premium and 4g

Please be specific. thank you
Old 06-06-2011, 05:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

Ok since ive had the epic I really have to say the TP2 is still a heavy competitor.

Once I rooted and with the help of some of the guys over there in the epic forum mainly gten. That guy knows his shit! I flashed roms themes and played with this phone to the point where I can give a comparison. If you have questions ask.

I never had any complaints with my TP2 I really loved it. Sharkie405 did an amazing job with his rom. I disabled startmenu installed qmenu and Removed alot of the other stuff in there I wasn't using. OC to 768 Thing was amazing.

The epic 4g compared to the TP2 is not as much of a blow out.

I believe the TP2 is still a competitor from a user standpoint. I know stats wise the Epic is a far more superior however I dont really notice it.

While it is the epic is responsive I never had much of a problem with my tp2. It does feel better then the TP2 navigating from window to window. Sometimes in TP2 you would have to wait 3 to 4 seconds to clear a few windows if you have stuff running or it would catch. That doesn't happen yet on the epic. But to me it didn't happen often enough to be a problem.

For one thing browsing the internet is much nicer on the epic I will give it that. Out of a 10 I would say its an easy 9 and TP2 7.

The navigation is swift and its easy to get from one side of the page to the opposite. The TP2 was able to search the web it may have taken a few more seconds but it was fuctional.

Things like the market is not to impressive. With all the cabs and modifications from here and xda we have our own market with all these developers and if you know where to look and you can find alot of cool shit.

The customization and UI is almost even. Again with all mods over here and CHT 2.0. It really does compete with android and all there home launchers.

The keyboard on the tp2 is better then the Epic. The buttons are spaced further apart and are set up more like a computer keyboard. The epic is just too close together. Im sure with time Ill get use to it though.

To be honest guys I miss my TP2 and this epic just doesn't have the shine I was expecting. Its a little anticlimactic.

I guess thats what you get when You set your expectations so high.

Comparing the TP2 to the Epic. I would say that the TP2 is a 7.5 while the Epic is a 8.25.

Stock tp2 I would say is a 6 easy maybe lower. Running winmo 6.5

The developers just done so much with this phone it really is a competitor!

My recommendation is KEEP YOUR TP2. and dont spend your money.

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 06-06-2011 at 05:04 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-06-2011, 10:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by L B View Post
.... I lost it yesterday and a replacement one is on it's way this afternoon.
These addons will keep me satisfied for a while, especially with my $30 sero plan.
-Alarm: G-Alarm
-Calendar: Thumbcal
-Tethering: Wifirouter
-Dialer: Phonex
-Media Player: Core Player
-GPS: Bing
Same happened to me!
I had my 4th TP2 stolen, and reverted to my old TP for a week,
blah it was horrible I didn't realize how good I had it with the TP2..
SIDE NOTE:
The replacement that came in the Asurion box is superior to any sprint store refurb.
After reluctantly paying my $100 deductable, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, fit, and finish of the unit.
All plastics were on body to peel off,
and screen and keyboard buttons brand new.
The unit slid open like a brand new one,
and the keenest eye could not ever tell it apart from a new unit.
Even the watermark stickers on unit and new red battery were there!
The unit also overclocks higher than any of my 5 previous units, at 787.2 Mhz stable, and at 806Mhz sense crashes with original rom.(havent flashed yet).

Quote:
Ok since ive had the epic I really have to say the TP2 is still a heavy competitor....
The keyboard on the tp2 is better then the Epic. The buttons are spaced further apart and are set up more like a computer keyboard. The epic is just too close together. Im sure with time Ill get use to it though....

My recommendation is KEEP YOUR TP2. and dont spend your money.
Yea my bro has the epic and i always marvel at the screen,
but the keyboard is harder to press down and not as easy as the TP2,
but then I don't know if any phone keyboard out now can match the TP2...
Mayby the Arrive keyboard?
Old 06-07-2011, 12:44 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
If you really like your tp2 keyboard and want an upgrade, I recommend the htc arrive. Its like the bionic brother of the tp2. If I didn't love android and didn't need tethering I would have gotten the arrive. This phone is going to be even better with the next update, mango. They say this update will bring it to par with ios and android.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk

Full Body Protection for your smartphone or tablet
http://stealthguards.com/idevaffilia...ate.php?id=417
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-07-2011, 01:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

I do agree with Yankee on this. I do not have experience with the Epic kb and was leary of the auto pop up screen kb on the Arrive. Turns out it is quite nice and there is easy access to all the top keys. I can't say it is the best, but I like it more than the TP2.
Old 06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Same happened to me!
I had my 4th TP2 stolen, and reverted to my old TP for a week,
blah it was horrible I didn't realize how good I had it with the TP2..
SIDE NOTE:
The replacement that came in the Asurion box is superior to any sprint store refurb.
After reluctantly paying my $100 deductable, I was pleasantly surprised at the quality, fit, and finish of the unit.
All plastics were on body to peel off,
and screen and keyboard buttons brand new.
The unit slid open like a brand new one,
and the keenest eye could not ever tell it apart from a new unit.
Even the watermark stickers on unit and new red battery were there!
The unit also overclocks higher than any of my 5 previous units, at 787.2 Mhz stable, and at 806Mhz sense crashes with original rom.(havent flashed yet).

Yea my bro has the epic and i always marvel at the screen,
but the keyboard is harder to press down and not as easy as the TP2,
but then I don't know if any phone keyboard out now can match the TP2...
Mayby the Arrive keyboard?
how'd it get stolen? the arrive keyboard is very similar but with minor differences.
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo70 View Post
I do agree with Yankee on this. I do not have experience with the Epic kb and was leary of the auto pop up screen kb on the Arrive. Turns out it is quite nice and there is easy access to all the top keys. I can't say it is the best, but I like it more than the TP2.
I rarely even use the keyboard on my arrive, I just use the screen one in landscape mode most of the time. if I have to type something long and quick in an app that doesn't have landscape (the Facebook app) then I'll use it but once again that's rare since I mainly use the people hub. and I just typed this post using the screen keyboard.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2