PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

View Poll Results: Which phone should I get?
HTC EVO 11 11.83%
EPIC 4g 9 9.68%
HTC ARRIVE 14 15.05%
HTC EVO 3D 45 48.39%
Galaxy S II 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2011, 09:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Carrier: Sprint

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Red face Dont want to give up my TP2, But is it time?

Okay First let me say that I never hated the TP2 I think its a wonderful machine.

Bing is amazing with turn by turn direction, Themeing is awesome and I can have a different phone every week, with IOS, Windows7, Android, Sense, Mobile shell. I can tether very easily. I think its everything I need in a phone. But the new shiny phones are tempting.

I was a complete noob (and still am to a degree)when I first started and I always heard talk about how Windows OS sucks and how its a hog and drags and everything else and how this phone is sooo outdated. But to be honest I Love my phone.

Running sharkies rom and clearing out the start menu and a few other htc enhancements this phone hasn't froze ONCE in over a week. Its VERY VERY STABLE.

But the oppurtunity of getting a Newer phone is VERY TEMPTING. I may be able to TOL of a sero premium account. for 60$ plan.

Right now I have 1000 mins unlimited data, text picture mail. for only 30$ a month... Even sero can't beat that. Not only that Im not committed to a contract I can leave anytime but with this sero Im locked in for another 2 years. Ive been free since 2009.

So Should I make the jump and pay twice as much for a new plan just for a new phone?

Now to add to the dilemma What type of phone should I get for sprint?

1. htc evo
2. HTC ARRIVE
3. Epic 4g

or wait for the

4. htc evo 3d
5 Galaxy s II

Or some other phone that is not on the list

Last edited by ModmyPPC; 04-15-2011 at 09:16 AM.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:06 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I'm in that boat, my tp2 is on its last leg...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 10:18 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Dont want to give up my TP2, But is it time?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows Phone OS 7.0; Trident/3.1; IEMobile/7.0; HTC; HD7))

I'm in that boat, my tp2 is on its last leg...
My phone is in mint working condition. Recieved it from asurion less then 1 month ago...

What phone do you think is best?

Im not sure if its worth it but yet I want a New shiny toy

But I love my TP2

Im going crazzy
Old 04-15-2011, 10:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: None

oisact is just getting started

No, you should wait. I'm keeping my TP2 going for one reason and one reason only - a huge wave of new phones with dual-core processors will dominate this year. There's going to be such a huge leap in power and performance with the next gen phones that I just can't commit to the phones that are available today. As of a few weeks ago there weren't any dual-core phones with a QWERTY keyboard, so I'm just being patient and waiting for the killer device to arrive. For example, the HTC Scorpion is supposed to have a 1.5 GHz dual core CPU. The HTC EVO 3D has a 1.3 GHz dual core cpu, shows movies in 3D like the Nintendo 3DS, and even has dual cameras to capture your own videos and photos in 3D. I'm just going to wait a few months and let the dust settle a bit and see who comes out out with the best device. Just too much new stuff on the horizon at the moment (and to let the prices drop a bit too).

Last edited by oisact; 04-15-2011 at 11:21 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:12 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

...that's another thing stopping me, plus with slingbox my tp2 is a portable cable box.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:33 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Iam not getting a new device until they put something on the market thats a real upgrade. Right now companies are adding small upgrades then saying how advanced thier phones are. Trust me I know alot of people with different devices and there isnt too much differnce between them. Actually on android there are some phones that are a step back. Windows Phone7 is an ok phone , but not a superior must have.
As a programmer I dont let fancy commercials or hype get to me. I know whats is real and whats not. Touchpro2 is an excellent device that is has some underpowered processors and lack of multi-touch. Besides the slow processors and lack of multi-touch , you can do almost anything you want in newer devices on this device. I very,very strongly suggest you stick to your device and dont pay attention to the hype of newer phones. Around late summertime there will be launches of new phones that will be closer to a computer in quality. So just wait and you be very happy you did.
Old 04-15-2011, 11:35 AM
PPC Geek's writer
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy 4G
Carrier: tmobile

pixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIPpixelpower is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to pixelpower

Also just in case you missed anything on your device , check out my website. It might have something your looking for there.

www.krenisiswinmobilegamesapps.com • Index page
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 04-15-2011, 12:44 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Well if you plan on swapping now I would suggest Epic 4g ...here is why:

Arrive - no theming..its a locked down platform

Evo 4G - probably has the best dev community out of the 3 but the GPU is horrible and will be completely blown out of the water by the new hardware accelerated apps.

Epic 4G - Has the best CPU out of the 3 and the best GPU, the GPU is actually on par with an Evo 3d and other dual core phones. It also has a kb, if you dont want a keyboard there is the Nexus S 4G which is a pure google phone...

--

if your going to wait then its a hard call...so far Evo3d is the only one Confirmed..spec wise SGS 2 is better but who knows when sprint will get it..and I hear by end of the year Nvidia is promising Quad-Core phones :/

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 04-15-2011, 01:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: MoPho

krnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good workkrnfrk6663 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to krnfrk6663 Send a message via MSN to krnfrk6663 Send a message via Yahoo to krnfrk6663

IF you do get rid of you TP2, let me know.. I'll throw you an offer for it. As to anyone else that is doing the same. ^^
Old 04-15-2011, 06:11 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Yeah, or we could pass it along to Sharkie405 with some group support!

This post has been thanked 4 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2