PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

View Poll Results: Which phone should I get?
HTC EVO 11 11.83%
EPIC 4g 9 9.68%
HTC ARRIVE 14 15.05%
HTC EVO 3D 45 48.39%
Galaxy S II 14 15.05%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2011, 12:10 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ripplelet is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Dont want to give up my TP2, But is it time?

EVO 3d, wow~
Old 05-19-2011, 01:11 AM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; SPH-D700 Build/FROYO) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Epic 4g or sgs 2

Old 05-19-2011, 03:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

akastixx is keeping up the good workakastixx is keeping up the good work
I only read the OP, but unless two of the 3 apply

you are in a 4g area with decent coverage

tethering is your only personal internet

you twiddle your thumbs outside the house because you don't have the latest phone apps/games to keep you occupied

you should save the money and stay with the tp2.

*EDIT: 2 or more of those things applied to me.*

Last edited by akastixx; 05-19-2011 at 03:12 AM.
Old 05-26-2011, 10:00 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ok after playing with the arrive Im pretty sure this is the phone for me. I would simply deal with the no tethering but price is now the obstacle. The cheapest one I can find is around 300$ w/out contract.

While I can buy the Epic 4g and shift for around 220$

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:09 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ModmyPPC View Post
Ok after playing with the arrive Im pretty sure this is the phone for me. I would simply deal with the no tethering but price is now the obstacle. The cheapest one I can find is around 300$ w/out contract.

While I can buy the Epic 4g and shift for around 220$
just get it on contract if ur eligible for an upgrade its $199 through sprint but u can find it cheaper on Amazon or wirefly. I agree the arrive is the phone to have especially with all the great things coming in mango within the next 2 to 5 months. the latest poll on pcmag shows that WP is the choice OS right below iOS by a slight margin.
Old 05-26-2011, 03:18 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)
Threadstarter

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
just get it on contract if ur eligible for an upgrade its $199 through sprint but u can find it cheaper on Amazon or wirefly. I agree the arrive is the phone to have especially with all the great things coming in mango within the next 2 to 5 months. the latest poll on pcmag shows that WP is the choice OS right below iOS by a slight margin.
Im not able to get the upgrade because I tol from someone with a sero plan so Im still in contract.

Well It looks like the price was my final say. I bought the Galaxy S on ebay for 180$ I think its a for now.

Samsung SPH-D700 Epic 4G / Galaxy S (Sprint)!!! - eBay (item 160593158888 end time May-26-11 11:59:16 PDT)
Old 05-26-2011, 05:50 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

The Arrive is a solid phone bro.. You're sure to have some fun with it and even more once Mango is on there.
p.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:59 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
The Arrive is a solid phone bro.. You're sure to have some fun with it and even more once Mango is on there.
p.
It is too late..he already joined the dark side MUWAHAHAHHAHA *chocks*

That said considering the hardware I'm surprising they dont price it cheaper in retail..they would definitely get more sales that way...

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 05-26-2011, 06:10 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Either way... As long as he's happy.
Congrats.
p.
Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Cool... looking forward to a full report!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2