PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2011, 02:19 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac
Re: Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2

hey guys, ppcg just came out with a news story where you can have a FFC though your sdcard. maybe look into that?
Old 06-05-2011, 10:22 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
hey guys, ppcg just came out with a news story where you can have a FFC though your sdcard. maybe look into that?
Not FFC (front facing camera), NFC from SDCard (Near Field Communications; i.e. QuickPass, pass phone near terminal at store for payment).

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:33 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Ah... thank you for the clarification! I was trying to imagine how that would work...

Old 06-06-2011, 05:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: Simple Mobile

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

IIRC, the FM Tuner IS in the CDMA phones, but the HSPL or whatever has 0 trace of its init... (as per the last INFORMED post int he "official" thread for it -and nue's input)

also, heres why not just get an evo or epic... $10 a month more.. that simple.. I have to use an Airave and WiFi as it is for Voice/Data at home/work/school, screw off if im going to give you $10 more a month for something I already cant use...

bite my fat ass

Old 06-11-2011, 12:32 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JAmerican is becoming a great contributor

I tried to place the HD2 camera in the Touch Pro2 and it fits. The only problem is enabling the camera to work in the TP2.
Old 06-11-2011, 02:16 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Ding!! It would be cool if someone with the mental horsepower could figure that out though!!
Old 06-13-2011, 07:55 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Kane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuffKane3162 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to Kane3162 Send a message via MSN to Kane3162 Send a message via Yahoo to Kane3162 Send a message via Skype™ to Kane3162

forget the homo comment im about to make, but, i felt a tingle when i read your name "JAmerican", even had a small trip down memory lane with my UX50, which would have been such a disappointment if not your work on the little bugger...

anyway, back to the topic, JAmerican: proving people wrong by going as far as possible since the beginning of time (aka camera fits fine, but needs HSPL/Radio/Whatever fix to activate and utilize it)

BRB, thanks hunting your posts
Old 06-17-2011, 10:50 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
forget the homo comment im about to make, but, i felt a tingle when i read your name "JAmerican", even had a small trip down memory lane with my UX50, which would have been such a disappointment if not your work on the little bugger...

anyway, back to the topic, JAmerican: proving people wrong by going as far as possible since the beginning of time (aka camera fits fine, but needs HSPL/Radio/Whatever fix to activate and utilize it)

BRB, thanks hunting your posts
Kane, how's it going man. This is the same JAmerican from 1src lol. The UX was definitely before its time. I was quite disappointed that I couldn't make it last the whole day still. My battery mod eventually stopped working lol. I really like the Touch Pro 2 with its tilt-able screen. Unfortunately, the processor is weak and the camera is just okay.

If someone with some programming experience or with a HD2 could provide the exact driver to the camera, maybe I could get it to work by swapping the driver. The TP2 camera driver is called CIF.dll. If I could get the HD2's camera DLL, I could swap them out.

JAmerican
Old 06-19-2011, 04:19 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

JAmerican, I got an HD2, but im running NANDroid on it :P its WM6.5 or Android, iOS is bleh, and WP7 is BLEEEEEHHHH...

Ill ask in the HD2 WM thread tho, but why the HD2 driver? they are totally different phones? what makes the HD2's driver the desired one? thought the GSM TP2 that already has the front facing camera would be the one you would want... color me confused!
Old 06-26-2011, 02:21 PM
N00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane3162 View Post
JAmerican, I got an HD2, but im running NANDroid on it :P its WM6.5 or Android, iOS is bleh, and WP7 is BLEEEEEHHHH...

Ill ask in the HD2 WM thread tho, but why the HD2 driver? they are totally different phones? what makes the HD2's driver the desired one? thought the GSM TP2 that already has the front facing camera would be the one you would want... color me confused!
I placed the HD2 camera in the Touch Pro2. The only way to get the camera to work (in my limited understanding) is the HD2 camera driver, since the camera is from the HD2. I doubt this is the only thing needed to get this to work but it is worth a try. When I disabled the Touch Pro2's camera driver while the Touch Pro2 camera was in the device, I got the same error message as the HD2 camera.

Understood?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
front camera, mods, touch pro 2