PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2011, 09:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Carrier: Verizon

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT
Re: Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2

Not sure if this is still being worked on but, after you get the hardware installed to enable this you will need...

1. Boot up commands to start the camera (This is the hardest part, the this is hacking the bios of the phone, the FM radio is in this part and hackers for a long time have been trying to enable this with out NO LUCK).
2. Software drivers
3. Software to use (Skype, etc)

Getting the hardware to fit, I would say is the EASY part, the hardest part is getting the phone to enable the camera and that I would say is almost impossable.

I hope you get it working but, unless your a HIGH level HTC Programmer or OEM, I don't forsee you getting this working. If you are a High level HTC programmer, could you enable the FM radio for the Sprint and Verizon phones ?

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !
Old 05-31-2011, 06:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Last I knew, the CDMA phones have no FM tuner, it was removed to make room for the CDMA stuff. But that's 2nd hand info, mebbe it's still there...

Sent from my FRX06+ TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 05-31-2011, 06:28 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

You should do a little more research... I read a thread a while back where the OP had transferred the entire screen half of an ATT Tilt to a Sprint TP2. He ran into some issues but I can't remember what the final outcome was.
I know he said the two halves were compatible... I'm not sure what he had to do to get the front facing camera working (as far as software is concerned).
Good luck either way.
I'll post up the thread if I can find it.
p.
Old 05-31-2011, 06:32 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level

Here you go...
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/htc-touch-...board-tp2.html

I hope it helps... Oh... And YEAH... No FM tunner. Not going to happen.
p.
Old 05-31-2011, 11:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

Deafcyclist is a n00b
I wonder how XDAndroid works with this front facing camera?

I'm deaf and uses xdandroid on my AT&T Tilt2 all the time.if android can work with the front facing camera, then I would be tempted to follow in your footstep so I can use the various android video calling softwares out there for the deaf
Old 06-01-2011, 05:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Quite sure XDAndroid doesn't support it yet. Since only RHOD100s had it, and rhod100 is already the most poorly supported ... probably wouldn't come for a long time.

Old 06-01-2011, 03:13 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Tilt2
Carrier: AT&T

Deafcyclist is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by highlandsun View Post
Quite sure XDAndroid doesn't support it yet. Since only RHOD100s had it, and rhod100 is already the most poorly supported ... probably wouldn't come for a long time.

While that's true, android have much more capability to use cameras like this compared to windows mobile beside the obvious potential missing drivers. I just think that maybe it's something that the OP could at least test and see if he can get beyond the black screen preview of the front facing camera.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:38 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Is it a techie challenge thing to keep tweaking an older phone to do what new phones do? Or lack of fundage? I just don't get it I guess...
I guess I'm curious as to why this is necessary including the part where people want to put Android on a phone not designed to run Android.

I wanted certain things from my phone... My TP2 wasn't giving me those things... So... I just bought a new phone that did.

I see it like putting off road tires and a four wheel drive conversion on a toyota camery when there are perfectly good trucks that can do it better and without as much effort.

But I get it if you guys are just doing it for fun and to see how far you can push the envelope. Like making a monster garage type of car.

Just curious that's all.
p.
Old 06-01-2011, 03:49 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

android on the tp2 is good, but its awesome on the hd2. makes that thing run like it should.

Old 06-01-2011, 04:45 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha

Yeah... But if you are on Sprint and you want a front facing camera and Android... Why not just get an EVO or an Epic?

See what I don't get?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
front camera, mods, touch pro 2