PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-01-2011, 06:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC G1, TP2
Carrier: T-Mobile

highlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good workhighlandsun is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm on T-Mobile, otherwise the Epic would have been on my list. And switching to Sprint wouldn't work for me because I want GSM since I travel frequently to Europe. If Samsung had released their Galaxy S Pro for GSM I would never have gotten involved with the TP2.

Sent from my FRX06+ TP2 using Tapatalk
Old 06-01-2011, 11:39 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

PPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on repPPCFreak is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2

getting back on topic, I would live to see a front camera on a TP2.

I love my TP2 and until VZW releases a WP7 that is 4" + screen, front camera and physical keyboard, I am staying with TP2 on NRGz custom rom.

Does all that I need it to do for now. Front camera would allow me to use Skype from my phone vs. having to dig out the laptop to do this.......

NRGz Wiki/FAQ Here
NRGz 29022 Sense 2.5 CHT1.8.5 Jul 4th
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-02-2011, 12:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Tilt 2
Carrier: ICE Celular

Joe Bleau is a n00b
Lightbulb Low Tech Front Camera but Which Software?

Here is a low tech idea using 2 mirrors but the question is how to use it with Skype on my WM as Skype for Windows Mobile 3.0 does not offer video option on my Tilt 2 (ATT's TP2):

iSeeU $7 shipped on Fleabay. It can probably be modded for the centered camera of the TP2. I tried it with a 2 mirrors make-up thing to make self-portraits but how to get Skype with video on Windows Mobile? Links or tweaks details would be helpful.

Edit: Some make-up double mirrors have one of them magnifying which does not work good. I bought 2 Chinese ones @ $1 each & swapped the magnifying with the regular one of the other.

Last edited by Joe Bleau; 06-02-2011 at 02:18 AM. Reason: Make-up mirror note
Old 06-02-2011, 01:41 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Probably a lost cause, just buy an Epic!
Old 06-02-2011, 02:00 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)
Re: Low Tech Front Camera but Which Software?

Cool idea with the two mirrors... had not seen that done before!

Old 06-02-2011, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

stifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regularstifiling is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to stifiling

just buying an epic or an evo is the ultimate last resort...after everything else is tried, and probably still not....for a cheap geek on a $30 sero plan.
Old 06-02-2011, 07:47 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

But by the time you buy the other phone and swap the camera section and buy the two mirrors and spend countless hours geeking and drinking Mountain Dew trying to get shit to work... You might as well have bought a less than pristine EVO on the interwebs... Just sayin.
p.
Old 06-03-2011, 01:02 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTECHKA View Post
But by the time you buy the other phone and swap the camera section and buy the two mirrors and spend countless hours geeking and drinking Mountain Dew trying to get shit to work... You might as well have bought a less than pristine EVO on the interwebs... Just sayin.
p.
Agreed, why spend all that money getting a TP2 front camera to work, when you can just spend $20 more a month for SERO Premium and get the Unlimited Data and GPS you already had!

Note:Sarcasm
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 06-05-2011, 02:06 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

The problem is not a hardware issue. Just like the fm radio deal on the cdma tp2 you could put the hardware in the device but someone would have to hack the spl in order to activate the hardware on boot and then someone may also have to write a software driver or port/hack the gsm driver. Anyone wanna go through all that? lol
Old 06-05-2011, 02:09 AM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Ummm... it would be totally cool if someone had the ability and the knowledge to do so!! Good thoughts though, horndoctor!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
front camera, mods, touch pro 2