PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141721)

freeland24 03-14-2011 12:30 AM

Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2

So, I am getting ready to buy the front camera from a euro TP2 and attempt to install it on my Sprint TP2, I know i need the face plate with the camera hole and obviously the camera itself. But I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the board where the camera plugs into. I have searched as many tear down docs and I can find but no photo of that board from the proper angle.

Any input on this?

swlaraut 03-15-2011 10:13 AM

Re: Adding the front camera to Sprint TP2

Wow, you are definitely ambitious. I would love to see you get this working, then you can tell the rest of us how to do it.

Does it need special drivers/software/custom built rom?

elesbb 03-15-2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeland24 (Post 2068181)
So, I am getting ready to buy the front camera from a euro TP2 and attempt to install it on my Sprint TP2, I know i need the face plate with the camera hole and obviously the camera itself. But I was wondering if anyone has a picture of the board where the camera plugs into. I have searched as many tear down docs and I can find but no photo of that board from the proper angle.

Any input on this?

Sweet ! Didn't know this was possible !

Sent from my BLAZN 2.2.2 using Tapatalk

freeland24 03-15-2011 11:02 PM

I am assuming I will need to get drivers from a euro rom... I was hoping that someone knew a little more about it that me...

Tinkerbell 03-16-2011 03:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by freeland24 (Post 2069162)
I am assuming I will need to get drivers from a euro rom... I was hoping that someone knew a little more about it that me...

I believe you are going where few, if any, have ventured before!

beefcakeb0 03-16-2011 05:27 AM

Do it please and I will follow...

PPCFreak 03-16-2011 02:57 PM

believe the boards are different between the GSM and CDMA versions.....front camera socket on front of board where CDMA only has single back side connection for the camera.

Still, would love to see someone give it a try....maybe bridge the ribbon cable from the back to the front and see if you can get it to power both cameras at the same time?

highlandsun 04-10-2011 01:19 AM

This guy says it will fit perfectly, but without a firmware hack you'll never get to enable it.

xda-developers - View Single Post - Front cam

Tinkerbell 04-10-2011 01:21 AM

Humm... good to see this thread progressing a little!!

Kane3162 05-24-2011 07:31 AM

no kidding, if someone can confirm i would definitely follow suit...

or if someone wanted to pitch in a donate for funding for me to do it personally... oh come on, i had to do it... after all its how I did mods on my Sony CLIE UX-50... rest its ass kicking soul (it can still kick most smart phones ass's today)... If someone could put Android on the UX-50 id go back to a shitty flip-phone any day...