PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2010, 11:01 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Putting in my .02 for lead rom. Fast, not much memory usage, but it's not much to look at.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:16 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Re: help me pick a rom..Tell me ur fav and why

theres 1 thing that keeps me off of NRG roms. and thats CHT it takes up too much ram. i asked him in the thread if he could make a version of the 21916 rom without it but i havent checked it yet.
Old 12-06-2010, 11:42 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

hey eric, energyrom does have a rom with no cookie. they are on the first page of the thread, post 3. thats why no one answered you, what you are looking for its on the first page lol. here, these are his roms with no cookie.
hotfile.com/list/599458/cfd6257
and you say cookie is slow, have you changed any settings? disable all the extra homescreens and stuff and you will get alot of that memory back shoot me a pm and ill tell you how to get 100mb+ free ram with cookie's home tab
Old 12-07-2010, 12:30 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
well the latest lead rom is fast,stable and doesnt use alot of ram till maybe the 3rd or 4th day then ull have to soft reset. its a 21916 build so i guess that explains its stability. its close to that of the stock 6.1 and sprint basics roms but if u send MMS then this isnt the rom for u as the MMS send for some reason just does not work and its cuz of that that im back on the stock 6.1 tweaked with cabs, so ill either reccomend u try a 21916 6.5 rom or the sprint basics rom. as for the just wall paper homescreen turn off sense (jaja)
i custom built my own rom on the 21916 build and everything MMS related works fine .. waht are you talkin bout eric ????
Old 12-07-2010, 02:59 AM
heyhi11

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

So with nrg will my mms work? With mightyrom I had 2 add a cab for it to work. And also with m rom when im on aim the phone starts 2 freeze.

I tryed some cookie home tab cab to edit the home screen and that killed my memory.
Another thing I want is a internet browser where i can watch videos, Im not feeling opera either ,cause not only can u not watch vids but if Im browsing in landscape mode, and I wanna open a link on that page the touch screen sucks , I have to keep cicking it , it ends up zooming in instead of opening the link

One more question is, When flashing to another rom should I go 2 the stock sprint rom first or can I go from m rom to say energy rom or watever rom.
Old 12-07-2010, 03:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Micro$oft 950
Carrier: AT&T

steveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the communitysteveo70 is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

My vote is to try them all. You'll want to! Once you flash you receive the power, and with great power comes great responsibility....to flash obsessively.
Old 12-07-2010, 11:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

sureshot007 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I'm on the Sprint Basics rom. It's a 6.1 rom trimmed of the fat. The kitchen is available as well, so you can make your own customized version. It's very fast, and battery drain is minimal. No matter what other roms I try, I always come back to this one because you just can't beat the simplicity. And I just started running Mobile Shell on it, so now it's even got a nifty interface that doesn't hog all the resources.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/cdma-tp2-u...-6-1-only.html
Old 12-07-2010, 01:51 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
hey eric, energyrom does have a rom with no cookie. they are on the first page of the thread, post 3. thats why no one answered you, what you are looking for its on the first page lol. here, these are his roms with no cookie.
hotfile.com/list/599458/cfd6257
and you say cookie is slow, have you changed any settings? disable all the extra homescreens and stuff and you will get alot of that memory back shoot me a pm and ill tell you how to get 100mb+ free ram with cookie's home tab
hmm all the ones i saw, at least the ones that were 21916 had cookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
i custom built my own rom on the 21916 build and everything MMS related works fine .. waht are you talkin bout eric ????
on the 11/23 lead rom mms only seems to work partially. recieve works flawlessly while with sending it either sits in outbox forever or returns an error. this isnt true with all custom roms but this happend to be the one (among 6.5 and 6.5.x) that i liked the best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyhi11 View Post
So with nrg will my mms work? With mightyrom I had 2 add a cab for it to work. And also with m rom when im on aim the phone starts 2 freeze.

I tryed some cookie home tab cab to edit the home screen and that killed my memory.
Another thing I want is a internet browser where i can watch videos, Im not feeling opera either ,cause not only can u not watch vids but if Im browsing in landscape mode, and I wanna open a link on that page the touch screen sucks , I have to keep cicking it , it ends up zooming in instead of opening the link

One more question is, When flashing to another rom should I go 2 the stock sprint rom first or can I go from m rom to say energy rom or watever rom.
1.the AIM for windows mobile app SUCKS!! and has all kinds of performance issues, use OzIM instead, ill attach a cab.

2. on the IE that comes with any 6.1 ROM with build 21052 and above and all the 6.5 roms, you can watch some flash videos (youtube,break.com will work) while dailymotion and others that require flash 9 will not, for that u can either use uZard or skyfire till they shut it down.

3. its best to either revert to the stock rom or use task 29 before flashing a custom rom.
Attached Files
File Type: cab LEAD Oz Instant Messaging 2.0.94.0.cab (548.7 KB, 1 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-07-2010, 02:45 PM
heyhi11

ARITE SO IM GONNA PICK 1 OF THE ENERGY ROMS. FEW QUESTIONS, AND I APPRICIATE ALL UR HELP,BY THE WAY I HAVE A FEELING IM GONNA GET ADDICTED TO FLASHING THERES SO MUCH SHIT OUT THERE THAT LOOKS COOL LOL......ANYWAYS....

L|MULTILANG|Dec 5|¸¸.·´¯`·.¸¸.-Energy-.¸¸.·´¯ 6.5|21916 / 6.5.X|23150 * Sense 2019 - xda-developers

IT SAYS FIRST FLASH TO STOCK SPRINT ROM AND INSTALL A MODIFIED SPL THAT ALLOWS COSTUM ROM INSTALATION AND A RADIO THAT WORKS WITH THIS ROM...

QUESTION IS WHAT IS A RADIO, AND AM I FLASHING TO STOCK FIRST , THEN RADIO,AND SPL, AND LASTLY ENERGY RM , I DONT WANNA EF UP MY PHONE U KNOW. BY THE WAY IM GONNA TRY THE CHRISTMAS EDITION
Old 12-07-2010, 03:29 PM
heyhi11

My phne is already unlocked do i need the hard spl? what is that

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2