PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2010, 04:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

lifeuw19 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I think I'm finally gonna do it!

I think I'm finally going to flash a rom. To be honest... I have no idea what I'm doing. I love my TP2, don't want anything else. But I'm not going to lie... watching my brother's EVO makes me realize just how slow my TP2 is. All I'm really looking to do is make it respond faster, get rid of the lag, and get rid of the dreaded SOD.

All I really run on it, is GarminXT, Coreplayer, Slingbox, and sometimes Orb. Not sure why it's so slow... or at least slow as compared to that dang EVO.

So... here's what I'm asking. What ROM do you suggest? Please don't tell me to read this, or read that. I think I'm leaning towards Mighty's ROM. Is it going to speed up the lag I'm dealing with now? Is it worth it, to flash? All I hear is, "flash, flash, flash!" But I want to make sure my issues get fixed.

So with some suggestions, tonight I'll flash my rom... so... suggestions?
Old 12-07-2010, 04:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo Shift 4G
Carrier: SPRINT PCS

alher591 is keeping up the good workalher591 is keeping up the good work
Re: I think I'm finally gonna do it!

energy rom ftw
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-07-2010, 05:17 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by alher591 View Post
energy rom ftw
Ok... can you give me some reasons as to why you like the energy rom? What are the pros vs Mighty's? I've read a lot about Mighty's. I know, I know... flash and decide for yourself... but I'm looking for 2 things... speed and no SOD's. That's all... not too picky. Have always had stock roms, but need to try something else to speed this thing up, too much lag. If not... I'm upgrading to an android, I just don't want to give up the TP2 without a fighting chance... just love this dang phone.

THANKS!
Old 12-07-2010, 06:31 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

One last question... is it still neccessary to run GoodLif's cleanup cab, or no, with custom rom?
Old 12-07-2010, 06:39 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19 View Post
One last question... is it still neccessary to run GoodLif's cleanup cab, or no, with custom rom?
no, cooks remove bloatware. visit vindows rom thread, best tp2 roms out.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:04 PM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level

Yeah,after playing with droid.....Im thinking about Epic
Old 12-07-2010, 07:12 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeuw19
I think I'm finally going to flash a rom. To be honest... I have no idea what I'm doing. I love my TP2, don't want anything else. But I'm not going to lie... watching my brother's EVO makes me realize just how slow my TP2 is. All I'm really looking to do is make it respond faster, get rid of the lag, and get rid of the dreaded SOD.

All I really run on it, is GarminXT, Coreplayer, Slingbox, and sometimes Orb. Not sure why it's so slow... or at least slow as compared to that dang EVO.

So... here's what I'm asking. What ROM do you suggest? Please don't tell me to read this, or read that. I think I'm leaning towards Mighty's ROM. Is it going to speed up the lag I'm dealing with now? Is it worth it, to flash? All I hear is, "flash, flash, flash!" But I want to make sure my issues get fixed.

So with some suggestions, tonight I'll flash my rom... so... suggestions?
lol!
I saw the title and I thought you were gonna sacrifice your TP2 or something.

IMO
The shipped 6.1 rom would be faster if you tweak it right.
Old 12-07-2010, 07:33 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

i thought the same too but this thread really is no different than the other 2 on this same page about this topic, and this person isnt a menos de cincuenta. well these threads are better than "i want a new phone my tp2 sucks which android phone should i get?"

as for the suggestions i wouldnt go with mighty rom as u will suffer the same lag and SOD problems as u currently do on the stock 6.5 because theyre based off the same SYS (21889) dont know what mighty was thinking when he chose that SYS for his rom. like i said in the other thread (s) on this topic it goes like this:

want stability over eye candy:go with 6.1 (21052 or the 21057 sprint basics rom).

want a balance of eye candy and stability: go with a 6.5 21916 rom.

want max eye candy: go with a 6.5.x rom
Old 12-07-2010, 07:55 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

NRG... and i wont list reasons because all these threads have the same answers...
Old 12-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
NRG... and i wont list reasons because all these threads have the same answers...
NRG ehh? i remember i saying in 1 thread that the stock 6.5 rules over any cooked rom, when alot od us know thats false.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2