PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2010, 08:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *CAUTION* HTC warranty repair - send it in at your own risk - byby HTC....

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
1. hey man, maybe for some people the $84 deductable price is a non-issue... and if you read the news OR my sig right now, IF YOU HAVE TEP - THERES NO DEDUCTABLE FOR COSMETIC DAMAGES ANYMORE.. so............................ unless you lose your phone - which in that case youd definitely wish youd of had insurance OR you get it wet - again, youd want insurance for that now wouldnt you, youll NEVER pay a deductable if you have TEP........... i know change can be hard to accept sometimes, but you need a new argument about deductables, since there are none anymore.
Sure. For some throwing down full price for new iPhones when they break is a non-issue. That isn't the point of the OPs point nor does it make HTC right.
Quote:
2. second rate huh... youve had a TP1 and a TP2... why buy another device, your TP2, if HTC is so second rate to you... its more likely after reading #3 that your argument is 2nd rate, not HTC..
I wasn't talking about HTC devices directly. I was talking about the fact that they dependent on everyone else for their hardware. They don't make their own LCDs, CPUs, RAM, etc. Companies like Samsung do.

But since you want to talk about device histories. I have only purchased HTC because I wanted Windows Mobile and there really were no other players in the pot.

I have been so plagued with problems with all of my HTC devices (less so with the TP2 hardware wise) that the last HTC device I paid for was the Mogul. Nothing to smile about...
Quote:
3. HTC has: EVO, MYtouch 3G and 4G, Incredible, HD2, HD7, HD7 Pro, Nexus One, Hero, Mogul, Surround, G1, G2, Touch Pro/Tilt, Touch Pro 2/Tilt 2, Diamond, PURE(diamond 2), Touch...and more even...HTC (Phone Scoop) ...

Samsung has: Galaxy S Series(all carriers), Moment, Intercept, Omnia I, Omnia II, Focus... thats about it, aside from a zillion basic flip phones Samsung (Phone Scoop)

Samsung isnt scaring anyone, especially HTC...
I'm sure Samsung and the like are scaring HTC. HTC had to stop using AMOLED screens because Samsung stopped selling them to them as they wanted them in their own phones...
Quote:
4.. You think HTC had to beg for almost all the new WP7 devices?? or is it more likely HTC was sought out... you think HTC has to beg for 1.5ghz and dual core chips?? or is it more likely hardware companies are hoping HTC decides to impliment their chips into HTCs newest devices??
I'm sure MS sought HTC out since they have the longest history with them in the mobile space... HTC is still meh.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 11-23-2010, 09:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't have insurance. I've been on sprint for over 12 years now. My first couple of phones were Nokia's. My first smart phone was a i500, then a Apache, a Touch, a Touch Pro, and now a Touch Pro 2. None of them ever broke. I always keep my retired phones in a safe place, thats my insurance. You can also find good used ones on ebay. If I would have paid the $7 a month, I think its that much, I would have been out $84 per year or $1008. Right now I have $1008 cash in my pocket that I wouldn't otherwise have had.

BTW, I never by the extended service plans on anything either.

I just thought I would throw in my opinion on insurance.
Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post

I wasn't talking about HTC devices directly. I was talking about the fact that they dependent on everyone else for their hardware. They don't make their own LCDs, CPUs, RAM, etc. Companies like Samsung do.

I'm sure Samsung and the like are scaring HTC. HTC had to stop using AMOLED screens because Samsung stopped selling them to them as they wanted them in their own phones...

I'm sure MS sought HTC out since they have the longest history with them in the mobile space... HTC is still meh.
right, you said HTC was 2nd Rate... oh I see, the company is - but their devices are just 8 of the 10 best cell phones out right now?? that what you mean? lol

Top 10 mobile device manufacturers
1. Nokia
2. Samsung
3. LG
4. Research in Motion
5. Sony Ericsson
6. Motorola
7. Apple
8. HTC
9. ZTE
10. G’Five

thats the top 10 list.. mind you Apple has 2.7% market share and HTC has 1.8%... Id say that pretty good considering... So, how many people on that Top 10 list make their own CPU, Screens, ETC?? like 3? so all those top 10 companies are second rate??? Apple is second rate?? - they didnt make that iphone 4screen..

if Samsung didnt hit it big with galaxy S, theyd still be a joke pretty much in the smartphone game... its hard not to be #2 market share wise, when youve created literally 1000s of devices worldwide, over 20 years... HTC has made like 45devices, ever - and still in top 10... if you take the ratio's seperately based on those numbers and compare it as Market Share VS Devices released VS company time(HTC has only been around since 1997)... then HTC smokes Samsung... even Apple would be way higher on the list for that matter since they have released only 4devices ever (all 4 iPhones) and managed to get a 2.7% marketShare still....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbusch View Post
I don't have insurance. I've been on sprint for over 12 years now. My first couple of phones were Nokia's. My first smart phone was a i500, then a Apache, a Touch, a Touch Pro, and now a Touch Pro 2. None of them ever broke. I always keep my retired phones in a safe place, thats my insurance. You can also find good used ones on ebay. If I would have paid the $7 a month, I think its that much, I would have been out $84 per year or $1008. Right now I have $1008 cash in my pocket that I wouldn't otherwise have had.

thanks for the input, but thats really a moot point.. since it can be countered by any one story of someone saying, if it hadnt been for insurance theyd of been screwed... Hell i got a new TP2 a few months ago, had it 2 days, dropped it on it back - shattered the screen... warranty isnt gonna cover that... if i wouldnt of had insurance, id still have a TP2 with a shattered screen now wouldnt I??

but to each their own, your right.. if its worked out for you all these years Kudos.. others may have not be so lucky
Old 11-24-2010, 02:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:

eh go back to my post.... just in any one of the series of phones that i had my $4 a month plan has paid for itself in the last 5 years or so that i have had it.... let alone all of them combined. to each their own, i have also known people that never use their insurance... i am just harder on my phone than other people
Old 11-24-2010, 02:11 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:

Pictures or it never happened... Right now!!! take out your phone... Take out that cash and take a picture of it... Then post it up here.
That's what I thought... I spent that grand but I spent it 4 bucks a month. And Got more than 9 replacement phones... Plus I got peace of mind.
I didn't get the extended warranty for my wife's Nintendo DS and my 4 year old just broke the top screen.
Now I eithe need to buy a replacement or take a hit on the DS and the games I bought for her. Hmm... I think it would have been wiser for me to purchase the 6 dollar no questions asked warranty. Don't you agree?
p.
Old 11-24-2010, 09:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

tcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on reptcbusch is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You guys need to remember how insurance works. You get a pool of several people, lets say 1000 or 1000000. Everyone in that pool pays the same fee or premium. Right off the top the insurance company takes their cut. This leaves less than 100% of the money left over. You guys are saying that you received more money back than you payed in, making the insurance a good deal. Well, for everyone that has received more money for the premiums payed, someone else has received less money back for the premiums payed. The insurance company would never pay out more than they take in.

The big question is whether you are willing to take the risk for the price. If the monthly premium was $1 I would sign up. If the monthly premium was $50 you would not. I am a sprint premium user which means i get the full rebates every 12 months. It doesn't make sense for me to sign up for the insurance.
Old 11-25-2010, 03:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: pro 2
Carrier: sprint

racehorse99 is a n00b

hey two rocks.got the same crap from htc repair center.ever thing work just fine on my phone i just couldnt get it to sync anymore for some reson.they sent me pic of small scratch like urs an i was told,i needed a new mother bored,they just wanted 280.to fix it,i said no way i,ll get new one for 199,so i paid them there 28 buck ramson,now here the kicker,the only problem with it was i had the internatial sim card in so it would sync up,took the sim out problem fix,so i was lied to about the bored,called htc corp offics an they sent me a check for 28 buck,=D>
Old 11-25-2010, 03:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
right, you said HTC was 2nd Rate... oh I see, the company is - but their devices are just 8 of the 10 best cell phones out right now?? that what you mean? lol

Top 10 mobile device manufacturers
1. Nokia
2. Samsung
3. LG
4. Research in Motion
5. Sony Ericsson
6. Motorola
7. Apple
8. HTC
9. ZTE
10. G’Five

thats the top 10 list.. mind you Apple has 2.7% market share and HTC has 1.8%... Id say that pretty good considering... So, how many people on that Top 10 list make their own CPU, Screens, ETC?? like 3? so all those top 10 companies are second rate??? Apple is second rate?? - they didnt make that iphone 4screen..

if Samsung didnt hit it big with galaxy S, theyd still be a joke pretty much in the smartphone game... its hard not to be #2 market share wise, when youve created literally 1000s of devices worldwide, over 20 years... HTC has made like 45devices, ever - and still in top 10... if you take the ratio's seperately based on those numbers and compare it as Market Share VS Devices released VS company time(HTC has only been around since 1997)... then HTC smokes Samsung... even Apple would be way higher on the list for that matter since they have released only 4devices ever (all 4 iPhones) and managed to get a 2.7% marketShare still....
Manufacturing Tiers have nothing to do with sales man... You need to stop drinking all the fanboy coolaid.

Even HTC refers to themselves as second tier...

HTC makes nothing themselves that is why they are second tier!

Apple makes the CPU in the iPhone and the iPhone OS...
Samsung makes almost every component in their phone except the OS (on some models).
Nokia makes everything in their phones including the OS.

It might make you cry as a fanboy, but HTC has a long way to go before they are first-tier. They aren't anywhere near the size of Samsung or Nokia yet. They don't have the capacity to start designing and manufacturing their own chips, at the very least.

I'm not sure why you people take these things so personal. You'd think HTC paid your cell phone bill and put food on your table and not the other way around...
Old 11-25-2010, 02:26 PM
"The Fuzzy One"
Pocket PC: PPC6800 & Touch Pro 2 & Epic 4G

gTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the communitygTen is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 106 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)

For the record HTC made it to where it is because it got partnerships with dell, HP and other companys to make pdas for them..they were not branded HTC in many places until the TP...most carriers used them due to that as they could make their own branded phones...

If you look at the Sprint lineup until owning a TP2..HTC was the only choice of smartphones they ever had...

The top 3 on that list definitely make their own hardware..in samsung's case they are late to the smartphone game but they have a huge market share in the dumbphone market...not to mention its not that hard to make it into the top 10 as you can see ZTE and G'Five in there..its not very competitive as its expensive to produce and hard to secure contracts.

HTC should have fixed the device..I have a dell warranty and a crack after it fell...they fixed the laptop anyways..no one is asking them to fix the cosmetics..but if the mic has a defect they should fix it...

That said HTC will never be the size of samsung..samsung is HUUUUUGE lol (cause south korea lets them be a monoply lol)

http://quickrewards.net/?r=!F94VXV35D5MV2

(My shameless referral link)
Old 11-26-2010, 01:34 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

two-rocks is just getting started

Just got back from "some" car dealer and they wouldn't fix my cruise control because of a parking lot dent in the drivers door! OK, not true - but analogous to what HTC has done. Still looking for info on TEP for my car?

Just got my phone back, and I am amazed they would claim that the 'mark' would cause the mic to go out.

I was an engineer for many years in the circuit assembly world. I would loose my job if I told the the end user (big company's in this case) that an impact would cause the mic not to work.

HTC's warranty stuff is handled by a contractor trying to maximize profits, at the expense of the end user. I'll fire off this info to HTC, but I expect nothing.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2