View Single Post
Old 11-23-2010, 11:33 AM
boredandtattooed
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: *CAUTION* HTC warranty repair - send it in at your own risk - byby HTC....

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post

I wasn't talking about HTC devices directly. I was talking about the fact that they dependent on everyone else for their hardware. They don't make their own LCDs, CPUs, RAM, etc. Companies like Samsung do.

I'm sure Samsung and the like are scaring HTC. HTC had to stop using AMOLED screens because Samsung stopped selling them to them as they wanted them in their own phones...

I'm sure MS sought HTC out since they have the longest history with them in the mobile space... HTC is still meh.
right, you said HTC was 2nd Rate... oh I see, the company is - but their devices are just 8 of the 10 best cell phones out right now?? that what you mean? lol

Top 10 mobile device manufacturers
1. Nokia
2. Samsung
3. LG
4. Research in Motion
5. Sony Ericsson
6. Motorola
7. Apple
8. HTC
9. ZTE
10. G’Five

thats the top 10 list.. mind you Apple has 2.7% market share and HTC has 1.8%... Id say that pretty good considering... So, how many people on that Top 10 list make their own CPU, Screens, ETC?? like 3? so all those top 10 companies are second rate??? Apple is second rate?? - they didnt make that iphone 4screen..

if Samsung didnt hit it big with galaxy S, theyd still be a joke pretty much in the smartphone game... its hard not to be #2 market share wise, when youve created literally 1000s of devices worldwide, over 20 years... HTC has made like 45devices, ever - and still in top 10... if you take the ratio's seperately based on those numbers and compare it as Market Share VS Devices released VS company time(HTC has only been around since 1997)... then HTC smokes Samsung... even Apple would be way higher on the list for that matter since they have released only 4devices ever (all 4 iPhones) and managed to get a 2.7% marketShare still....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcbusch View Post
I don't have insurance. I've been on sprint for over 12 years now. My first couple of phones were Nokia's. My first smart phone was a i500, then a Apache, a Touch, a Touch Pro, and now a Touch Pro 2. None of them ever broke. I always keep my retired phones in a safe place, thats my insurance. You can also find good used ones on ebay. If I would have paid the $7 a month, I think its that much, I would have been out $84 per year or $1008. Right now I have $1008 cash in my pocket that I wouldn't otherwise have had.

BTW, I never by the extended service plans on anything either.

I just thought I would throw in my opinion on insurance.
thanks for the input, but thats really a moot point.. since it can be countered by any one story of someone saying, if it hadnt been for insurance theyd of been screwed... Hell i got a new TP2 a few months ago, had it 2 days, dropped it on it back - shattered the screen... warranty isnt gonna cover that... if i wouldnt of had insurance, id still have a TP2 with a shattered screen now wouldnt I??

but to each their own, your right.. if its worked out for you all these years Kudos.. others may have not be so lucky