PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 11:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

two-rocks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
*CAUTION* HTC warranty repair - send it in at your own risk - byby HTC....

Sent in my phone to HTC for a bad microphone...got the following email and picture back. I was looking to migrate away from Winmo - looks like I will omit ANY HTC products.

It's out of warranty because of the scratch on the side of the phone?!?.....

"Thank you for sending your device in to HTC for repairs. Our technicians have diagnosed the phone and found there is out of warranty damage to the device. We do apologize for this inconvenience. The repair cost is $280.00. If you do not wish to pay for repairs you can pay a small triage fee of $28.00 and we will return the phone to you unrepaired. Please notify our offices at 888-617-1113 once you have come to a decision. You will find a picture of your device attached."

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

I can't see who your carrier is, but you didn't have insurance?
Old 11-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Re: *CAUTION* HTC warranty repair - send it in at your own risk - byby HTC....

Bad microphone will get you a replacement at the store... If you're within a year (warranty period).
TEP will also cover it. But you have to have bought it for it to cover anything.
p.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:08 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

$70 a year plus deductibles through sprint.
Square trade or others are similar, and I'm not sure how they handle the purchase price when it's based on a contract price vs. purchase price.

Anyway, this is a manufacturer defect being voided by a scratch on the side of the plastic case.

Sign of difficult economic times and tightening of belts I guess.
Old 11-22-2010, 12:19 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

I'm telling you... It's worth it. I just got my wife's TP (faulty screen) and my TP2 (M on the keyboard was not working) replaced... No deductibles and no hassles. Waited 2 days and got my replacements in at the store... The guy even transferred my wife's contacts from her old phone to her new (refurb) one.
I'll gladly keep paying 70 bucks a year for that. In these tough economic times or in times of prosperity, 70 bucks per year is always better than coming up with the replacement cost which is retail price not contract price. I didn't use to carry insurance on my phones and once I had to reactivate an old busted up phone because I didn't have the money to replace it with. I wished I hac the insurance then.
p.
Old 11-22-2010, 02:35 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well you couldve paid 70+ a yr and deductable and got a new phone with a fixed microphone... but now, you dont... see the benefits?? lol

HTC wants $28 to send you your phone back???

Also SPrint will repair you INSTORE withOUT TEP for $35 now.. Support - Article

If the device is not covered by TEP, ERP or ESRP, you may have to pay a $35.00 fee per-incident to repair your device.

I suggest next time a certain level of research before sending your device off to Taiwan.... you couldve read a million places online, even here at PPCG, that HTC is next to no help at all..ever... just saying

your gonna pay $28 bucks to get your phone back unrepaired... now your gonna pay $35 since i posted that to go to a sprint store to get it fixed... do the math, your less than $50 bucks away from paying a whole years deductable for insurance..... guess your paying that much a year afterall huh...
Old 11-22-2010, 03:21 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Sprint)

penone is a n00b

+1 on getting TEP via Sprint. My first TP2 had to be returned and exchanged due to SOD and am now waiting for my 2nd replacement phone to come in due to GPS going bad. Cost to me out of pocket (minus the $ 7.00 a month insurance cost) = $ 0.00.

Can't beat that!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:05 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)

yeah , I've never had any troubles at all . I had 3 tp2s in my contract with sprint . First would roam randomly .. Second was SOD and third is perfect so far so I don't understand why you even sent it away ? and the only problem I have no is the moisture sensor got tripped while changing batterys in the rain ( yeah im dumb I know -.- ) but they at sprint said If I ever have troubles just come to them since I have the TEP and the deductible is totally worth it for a new phone . Beats the retail value .
Old 11-22-2010, 04:11 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

If it's known that HTC doe not help, than I am done with them. My mogul and TP1 look new and had TEP - never used.

I am NOT a fan of insurance, if someone was not making money they wouldn't do it. I take great care of my stuff, and was willing to risk it.

This refusal to fix a defect is a cop out - nothing less.

Didn't want a TEP vs whatever conversation to start...

Just wanted people to know what the HTC warranty was worth - nothing.

I'll go back to using a BT headset - or keep using my lowley TP1
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 04:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and every single phone verizon had...
Carrier: Verizon

Noir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIPNoir is a VIP

I used htc warranty repair for my tp2
got my device back in about 2 weeks, fixed the screen issues updated the rom to wm 6.5 and in general it was free...I'll deal with them again

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2