PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2010, 04:22 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: *CAUTION* HTC warranty repair - send it in at your own risk - byby HTC....

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-rocks View Post
I take great care of my stuff, and was willing to risk it.
except when you drop it to get that chip in it pictured above, right? lol

I pay $150 a month for car insurance... ive been driving for 15years now... never been in 1 accident..... should i not have car issurance??? lol

you get TEP because the first time you need it, it offsets all costs for the whole year(deductables and charges) VS buying a new device or having a broken device...
Old 11-22-2010, 04:28 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
If it's known that HTC doe not help, than I am done with them. My mogul and TP1 look new and had TEP - never used.

I am NOT a fan of insurance, if someone was not making money they wouldn't do it. I take great care of my stuff, and was willing to risk it.

This refusal to fix a defect is a cop out - nothing less.

Didn't want a TEP vs whatever conversation to start...

Just wanted people to know what the HTC warranty was worth - nothing.

I'll go back to using a BT headset - or keep using my lowley TP1

Yes.
You chose not to insure your item. You chose to send it in instead of taking it in to a Sprint store... And yes... You're paying for return shipping. And you are switching to another phone or bluetooth earpiece.
Most of us choose TEP. It's just piece of mind bro.

Besides... You may think it's just a small dent... But if you look at it closely... it is on the same side and just above the mic hole at the bottom of the phone... You may have dropped it hard enough to cause not only that dent but also damage to the inside of the phone (namely where the microphone is affected) therefore making this not a warranty issue. In the same way a dent on your door might render your doorlocks inoperable or something like that. TEP would have covered you. Hell... Taking it into the Sprint store would have saved you 28.00 and possibly would have got you a replacement for alot cheaper.
p.

p.
Old 11-22-2010, 05:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TP2
Threadstarter

two-rocks is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I guess you have good sprint stores. I'll give it a try, but not willing to invest much in an outdated/obsolete platform.

that mark on the side was from my pocket and a pen - not the normal way I do things, but whatever.

You guys are funny with your insurance. I can see it for ACCIDENTS...but a phone that was never dropped and a dent/scratch makes it break? c-mon. It's the only mark on the phone and has been there for many months. Mic just started fading recently.

HTC had the phone in their hands for over 3 weeks...I got the information WHEN I CALLED...they never communicated the issue.

As a self employed business owner, I can say it's easier to keep customers than get new ones.

HTC fanboys are funny.

Where can I get TEP for my car. even though it has a warranty?

Last edited by two-rocks; 11-22-2010 at 05:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 11-22-2010, 06:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Sensation 4G

tacotoy is becoming a great contributor

meh i got the old tep plan when it was 4 a month..... so 48 a year.... on my 3rd tp2, upgraded after 2 tp1's, upgraded after 2 touch's, upgraded after 6 samsung m500 phones.... i would say even if someone is making their money it is well worth it for me.....
Old 11-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Stupid-Ass Skull Cruncha
Pocket PC: iPhone 5... Y Que?
Carrier: Esprin'

AZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation levelAZTECHKA can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
I guess you have good sprint stores. I'll give it a try, but not willing to invest much in an outdated/obsolete platform.

that mark on the side was from my pocket and a pen - not the normal way I do things, but whatever.

You guys are funny with your insurance. I can see it for ACCIDENTS...but a phone that was never dropped and a dent/scratch makes it break? c-mon. It's the only mark on the phone and has been there for many months. Mic just started fading recently.

HTC had the phone in their hands for over 3 weeks...I got the information WHEN I CALLED...they never communicated the issue.

As a self employed business owner, I can say it's easier to keep customers than get new ones.

HTC fanboys are funny.

Yeah... Check out one of the stores once it comes back to you.
I'm not an HTC fanboi... Wasn't sure you were including me in the bunch... I too have had the TEP since it was 3 bucks a month... On my Motorola Start Tac phone. It came with a holster and I lost them all the time... 50 bucks would often get me an upgrade. Never have been without TEP since... And never has it come in more handy than with my 7 replaced HTC TPs in one year. Still under warranty... But TEP came in handy after the year ended.
Also NEVER have I had to go to the manufacturer. Always go to the Sprint store.
I think you'll be pleasantly surprised. Also remember that there are more thank one store... So shop around if you need to.
Good luck bro.
p.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Samsung Captivate (GSM)
Carrier: AT&T

Miami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regularMiami_Son is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:

And is HTC supposed to take your word on all that? Come on, get real.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

so dropping it wasn't a accident? cause thats what the pic looks like. I agree its going to be hard to get any help with "physical" damage on the phone but then again ya never know.

O just a FYI try going to a sprint store just before they are going to close they may just "overlook" it since they just want to go home!

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10
Old 11-23-2010, 01:32 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Not sure why everyone is recommending TEP or other services that weren't asked for. It is comical that people here think it is acceptable to pay for TEP + potentially a deductable for minor cosmetic damage.

His post was a review of his experience with HTC. It is up to you to take away from it what you will. No need to beat the guy over the head for not shelling out gobs of money whenever someone says he should.

Stories like the OPs is a reminder as to why HTC is a second rate mobile phone maker. They haven't yet adjusted to dealing with "consumers" as to them their customers are the carriers still.

They better get their act together as the first rate phone makers like Samsung are quickly catching up...

By first rate I mean OEMs that manufacturer the lions share of the components used in their devices. They don't have to beg others to sell them stuff...
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 11-23-2010, 06:32 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Opera/9.5 (Microsoft Windows; PPC; Opera Mobi/15954; U; en))

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell
Not sure why everyone is recommending TEP or other services that weren't asked for. It is comical that people here think it is acceptable to pay for TEP + potentially a deductable for minor cosmetic damage.

His post was a review of his experience with HTC. It is up to you to take away from it what you will. No need to beat the guy over the head for not shelling out gobs of money whenever someone says he should.

Stories like the OPs is a reminder as to why HTC is a second rate mobile phone maker. They haven't yet adjusted to dealing with "consumers" as to them their customers are the carriers still.

They better get their act together as the first rate phone makers like Samsung are quickly catching up...

By first rate I mean OEMs that manufacturer the lions share of the components used in their devices. They don't have to beg others to sell them stuff...
IMO
If this was a Samsung, Motorola, Apple or whatever this would have gone the same way.
Think about it.
Unless you purchase or pay for some kind of protection/insurance if you have an issue with any product that has a limited warranty don't expect much from the manufacturer.
If it has a lifetime guarantee then maybe but not with electronics.
Old 11-23-2010, 06:59 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
but not willing to invest much in an outdated/obsolete platform.

that mark on the side was from my pocket and a pen

HTC fanboys are funny.

1. outdated yes, obsolete far from it.. 10s of 1000s, if not 100s of 1000s, still use it daily... (yes someday winMO will be obsolete, yet still preserved via windows embedded devices on some level)

2. does this pen resemble a rock? lol

3. Fanboys huh?? http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/1209283-post2.html thats you buddy... youve had a Mogul, a TP1 and now a TP2... whats that 3 HTC devices in about 3yrs... ALL HTC!!! guess your a fanboy yourself afterall

4. Do you not know the difference between a Warranty and Insurance???? or did you just think that "quip" would prove something??... shatter the screen on your phone, then tell me how far your warranty gets you... matter of fact how bout you tell us right now how far the term warranty your so proudly standing up for after they just burned you, has gotten you... oh wait, this thread is about how your warranty basically meant nothing..... sounds to me like Insurance grants more RE-assurance than a warranty...

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
It is comical that people here think it is acceptable to pay for TEP + potentially a deductable for minor cosmetic damage.

Stories like the OPs is a reminder as to why HTC is a second rate mobile phone maker.

1. hey man, maybe for some people the $84 deductable price is a non-issue... and if you read the news OR my sig right now, IF YOU HAVE TEP - THERES NO DEDUCTABLE FOR COSMETIC DAMAGES ANYMORE.. so............................ unless you lose your phone - which in that case youd definitely wish youd of had insurance OR you get it wet - again, youd want insurance for that now wouldnt you, youll NEVER pay a deductable if you have TEP........... i know change can be hard to accept sometimes, but you need a new argument about deductables, since there are none anymore.

2. second rate huh... youve had a TP1 and a TP2... why buy another device, your TP2, if HTC is so second rate to you... its more likely after reading #3 that your argument is 2nd rate, not HTC..

3. HTC has: EVO, MYtouch 3G and 4G, Incredible, HD2, HD7, HD7 Pro, Nexus One, Hero, Mogul, Surround, G1, G2, Touch Pro/Tilt, Touch Pro 2/Tilt 2, Diamond, PURE(diamond 2), Touch...and more even...HTC (Phone Scoop) ...

Samsung has: Galaxy S Series(all carriers), Moment, Intercept, Omnia I, Omnia II, Focus... thats about it, aside from a zillion basic flip phones Samsung (Phone Scoop)

Samsung isnt scaring anyone, especially HTC...

4.. You think HTC had to beg for almost all the new WP7 devices?? or is it more likely HTC was sought out... you think HTC has to beg for 1.5ghz and dual core chips?? or is it more likely hardware companies are hoping HTC decides to impliment their chips into HTCs newest devices??

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2