PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2010, 08:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

SPLzero is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
Opera Mini 5 is beta???....still??? but didnt they just make Opera Mini 5 FULL for android, like a 6weeks ago??? seems odd theyd go FULL on a brand new platform, before even getting out of Beta on another
Could it be because winmo is a dinosaur and Android isn't?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-19-2010, 09:00 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

avlon is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
Hmmm.

Maybe this will be the first complaint in this thread from a $30 SERO user.
I suppose it's still a great deal, but I'm using a TP2 right now. It's a smartphone that has the capacity to use data as rapidly as any 3G android phone. Right now my plan includes more minutes than I use, unlimited text and data, and 7PM unlimited calling. As I see it, this $10 gets me navigation (which I don't want since I use Google and Bing for that). Eventually I'm sure all smartphones will be 4G, so at some point it's going to be a minimum of $50 for all of us.
As I see it, I'm not going to be using any more resources or bandwidth but my rate will go up 33% for the privilege of using an Android phone instead of WinMo.

What about Windows7 phones? Will they be allowed on the $30 plan?

Of course I know that hearing someone complain about paying $50 a month for an EVO seems pretty whiny if you just opted in for a full price plan, but if you are jumping from a $30 plan that gave you everything you needed, $240 a year more isn't great.
$10 more a month for unlimited M2M isn't a bad deal at all. Sprint Navi isn't bad either. I'm sure there are people who use the other Sprint perks that I never personally pay attention to.

I will add that the TP2 is STILL the best Sprint phone out now if there is no 4G coverage in your area. Outside of the EVO and the upcoming Epic, NONE of the "Iconic" devices are really worth an extra $10 a month on their own. Let's take a look at what you would get with "Iconic" devices....

Instinct Line: The TP2 blows this dumbphone family out of the water in almost every conceivable way.

Hero: Downgrade in almost every way. (lower res, keyboard, battery life,ect.)

Moment: Downgrade in most ways (Android 1.5, lower res, keyboard, battery life,ect) faster stock processor though...

Palm Pre: Beautiful OS, downgrade in almost every other way when it comes to hardware quality and usability.

While keeping your $30 you still have a device that is on par or still superior to everything that is still on Sprints 3G line up. I know that on mine I've surfed the web while streaming from pandora, texting, and running Palringo in the background. Youtube HQ looks great, so do movies streamed through orb directly to Kinoma player. On the rare occasions where I need to view/edit a document for work it's easy t do. The comparisons can of course go deeper but that would be one LONG post.

Personally for me to bite, they would have to either have an outright superior 3g phone in comparison (not likely anytime soon) OR they would have 4G in my area (NYC) and Android 2.2 devices. (EVO yes... Epic, Soon)
Old 08-19-2010, 09:28 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
i wonder if SERO people are gonna complain... its 10 to 20(only if a 4g device) bucks a month more.... but they can have any device now, even Android... i think thats a fair deal for them
lol they could give it away for free and people would still complain, there is always that part of the whole that you can just never satisfy.

Old 08-19-2010, 09:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 3D

mwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the communitymwalt2 is a trusted member of the community

Pretty crappy if they don't apply it to all old plans (ie fair and flexible). I don't see how they could make any logical reason behind only giving it to SERO. Obviously if you still have a fair and flexible plan, you're just as 'loyal' and an 'enthusiast' as anyone on SERO. I was all set up to sign up for 2 SERO accounts a long time ago when you could just use that holiday email or whatever it was, but retentions gave me a better deal to keep my fair and flexible plan.

Of course if the $20 fee/'any phone worth upgrading to' is not discounted, it's probably the same price as signing up for an everything plan with my corporate discount..
Old 08-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Apache->Mogul->TP2-> EVO 3D

Slwitek is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to Slwitek Send a message via Yahoo to Slwitek

Is the Palm Pre included in this whole October 1st thing? I havent been able to find much. The talk is all about Android! (I have a free Pre that I currently cant use on SERO)

Old 08-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Well, considering that I go over my minutes every once in a while, my SERO bill is sometimes $60 total or even $80-90.

$10 for M2M and messaging (whatever that means exactly) is not a bad deal at all for those of us in my same boat. In fact it's probably what I've been waiting for.
Old 08-20-2010, 11:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic

obamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularobamaftw08 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLzero View Post
Could it be because winmo is a dinosaur and Android isn't?
My tp2 is still my cream of the crop tyvm. until oct 1st rolls around.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:21 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
Well, considering that I go over my minutes every once in a while, my SERO bill is sometimes $60 total or even $80-90.

$10 for M2M and messaging (whatever that means exactly) is not a bad deal at all for those of us in my same boat. In fact it's probably what I've been waiting for.
Sounds like you need to get a Google Voice number and Add the FREE Sprint to Home option using the GV number.

I just Took over a SERO account and added the FREE Spritn to Home Option(added my GV number). You then essentially have unlimited anytime minutes. Use your GV number to call out to any # and it charges it as free Sprint to Home, also works on incoming when they call your GV number!
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-21-2010, 12:41 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post

Dang, I wish I could sell or donate my mins. I don't think I've used 500 mins total in the past 2 1/2 years. Hoping they'll offer me an "iconic" phone in exchange for my malfunctioning TP2 in October since my warranty will still be good

Last edited by one80oneday; 08-21-2010 at 12:43 AM. Reason: er
Old 08-21-2010, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ToUCHPRo 2
Carrier: sprint

dubmang is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to dubmang Send a message via Yahoo to dubmang

ive been fiendishly trying to add another sero line to my account. all the noob csr's say its not available yet on my account it shows me having one a few months ago.

also lets talk more about this google voice. ive heard about it, and sometimes i go over my 30$ sero minutes and end up racking my bill into the 50-$60's.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2