PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2010, 09:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Franken Pre Plus/Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

brack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuffbrack21 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

I sure hope it will apply to all legacy plans. That would put me into an evo or epic for a total monthly price of $27.00 for everything.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:47 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch (Vogue)

Lowranger is a n00b

[ Originally Posted by Lowranger
I'm betting that they'll eventually waive the additional $10/$20 charges and allow SERO Subscribers to upgrade to ICONIC Devices AND keep their $30 plans.

In 6 months I'll be sporting an EPIC on my Sero Plan for $30/month.
]

HTML Code:
abednego 
What makes you think that?
As Delfin2003 pointed out, "In 6 month Epic will be absolete. Here come dual core phones. "

By then all the Sero folks that would ever make the switch will have done so and newer devices will be nearing their rollout.

Remaining inventories of Evos and Epics will need to be cleared as the newer devices take their place.

And most of all, because I'm utterly satisfied with my Vogue and wouldn't spend an additional penny to jettison my SERO Plan in order to obtain an ICONIC Device. Heck, I can even run Android on it if I want to.

It's BECAUSE I AM indifferent that the opportunity WILL present itself. If I was EAGER for it to happen, it never would. (My life experiences have borne this out. When I want things to happen, they don't. When I don't care, they do)

If I were SERIOUSLY thinking of upgrading I'd probably get a Touch Pro 2.

Last edited by Lowranger; 08-22-2010 at 10:58 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:09 AM
VFW Member
Pocket PC: GNote2 Sprint SERO!
Carrier: Theodore Roosevelt CVN-71

gullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on repgullzway is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lowranger View Post
I'm betting that they'll eventually waive the additional $10/$20 charges and allow SERO Subscribers to upgrade to ICONIC Devices AND keep their $30 plans.

In 6 months I'll be sporting an EPIC on my Sero Plan for $30/month.

Will have to wait it out on that one. Sprint Rep told me today that the $10 to use Android devices was NOT an Add-on, it was a Whole New Plan. I would assume there will be No way to go back to the $30 SERO once you switch. That is why I just dusted off this old Diamond and loaded Xandroid on it.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Will have to wait it out on that one. Sprint Rep told me today that the $10 to use Android devices was NOT an Add-on, it was a Whole New Plan. I would assume there will be No way to go back to the $30 SERO once you switch. That is why I just dusted off this old Diamond and loaded Xandroid on it.
I've heard the exact opposite actually, though that Murphy's Law blog apparently agrees that it's a new plan. I suppose it only makes sense to slowly ween us off the $30 price point.
Old 08-23-2010, 12:31 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I doubt it this will apply to any legacy plans. Especially if with the extra fee for android your bill still ends up under $30. Sprint is not stupid. They are not going to allow that much money being lost.

It is also not a new plan. It is an add on just like the addon that power vision first was. Those on SERO who want a 3g only android WILL have to pay the $10 fee and those who want a 4g android will have to pay $20. No way around it. So your sero will stay intact with the extra fees. So it will be either $40 or 50. No way around that.
Don't know how some of you think you can just pay the $30 and have an android phone. It will be just like the evo now. As soon as you activate the evo the $10 fee is automatically charged. No way to prevent that.

Don't forget that with the $10 fee you also get anytime any mobile, sprint nav, and sprint tv. I don't think sprint us going to allow you to get that at no cost. Even with the fees it's still the best plan around. The closest plan that can beat it is the new $40 virgin unlimited plan and they still don't have an android phone.

Sent from my Evo using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2010, 12:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

pctek4456 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees45us View Post
I doubt it this will apply to any legacy plans. Especially if with the extra fee for android your bill still ends up under $30. Sprint is not stupid. They are not going to allow that much money being lost.

It is also not a new plan. It is an add on just like the addon that power vision first was. Those on SERO who want a 3g only android WILL have to pay the $10 fee and those who want a 4g android will have to pay $20. No way around it. So your sero will stay intact with the extra fees. So it will be either $40 or 50. No way around that.
Don't know how some of you think you can just pay the $30 and have an android phone. It will be just like the evo now. As soon as you activate the evo the $10 fee is automatically charged. No way to prevent that.

Don't forget that with the $10 fee you also get anytime any mobile, sprint nav, and sprint tv. I don't think sprint us going to allow you to get that at no cost. Even with the fees it's still the best plan around. The closest plan that can beat it is the new $40 virgin unlimited plan and they still don't have an android phone.

what $40 virgin mobile unlimited plan? I thought that was only unlimited data (data cards)
Old 08-23-2010, 01:36 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2

oppman is becoming a great contributor
Exclamation Re: New SERO Oct 1st

So what happens to SERO users that have the -- Fair and Flexible - 1250 Anytime Minutes ?
Which is what I have... The plan is already $49.99 adding $10 to switch to android and $10 for the 4g Doesnt make sense at $69.99... do you guys think those SERO customers will be given the option to go down to 500 minutes? I never go over like 400..lol guess everyone i know is on SPRINT.

Any ideas? thanks
Old 08-23-2010, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by oppman View Post
The plan is already $49.99 adding $10 to switch to android and $10 for the 4g Doesnt make sense at $69.99... do you guys think those SERO customers will be given the option to go down to 500 minutes?
You can always switch to EPRP with 500 minutes for the same price
Old 08-23-2010, 11:20 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

yankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regularyankees45us is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
@oppman
I would call sprint come oct.1. Heck I would try calling them now. They may switch you to the 500 min plan. Back when sero was discontinued my brother inlaw changed his plan down to 500. You might get lucky especially since I was offered to go back to sero after going to everything data. The sprint rep told me that with the oct.1 deal in effect some codes have become active and that's how they would be able to get me back on sero.

Old 08-23-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
it's a new plan in a sense that Mr. Mcguire stated on his blog by calling it the "premium SERO plan". and he also answered a question that was asked about going back to the $30 SERO...the answer was a NO. so if you decide to upgrade to the premium SERO plan, you will not be able to revert back in the future to the $30 plan.

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2