PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-23-2010, 01:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by quick99si View Post
I suppose it only makes sense to slowly ween us off the $30 price point.
Why does it make sense? Because they want more money?
Old 08-23-2010, 02:06 PM
SUPER GADGET ADDICT!!!
Pocket PC: Samsung GS2 Epic 4G Touch
Carrier: Sprint

japper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIPjapper88 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
Obviously they want more money! Why else would Sprint prevent current SERO customers from getting android/palmOS/instinct series phones? (I never understood why they wouldn't let us get the instinct series phones.) I guess they did some number crunching and studies and determined that $10 was a good price point where people would be willing to leave $30 SERO 500 forever in order to get newer fancier phones. I think they softened us up first by denying us access to all the new "iconic" phones. Now people are hungry for android etc, $10/mo doesn't sound so bad. I hope this is where Sprint stops... although I have a sneaky suspicion that this is a slipper slope and Sprint will find another way in 2 years to tack on another $10 "premium fee"

Please remember to THANK me if I helped you!
Old 08-23-2010, 02:57 PM
The EVO Guru
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

brownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on repbrownhornet is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)

Quote:
Maybe because they're trying to stop LOSING money. I guess people here forget that Sprint is a business FIRST. Clearly you didnt think that this sero thing was going to last forever. Like I said on another thread.. you got over for a while and saved some money now its time to man up and pay up if you want Sprint to be able to survive. If Sprint let everyone be on sero and eventually got swallowed up by Verizon then you'd all REALLY see what its like to have to pay more per month.
Old 08-23-2010, 03:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

picture this your a hitchhiker and sprint is a pickup. sprint decides to let you on and help you get where ever you are going. you decide that you want to drive, and make several stops along the way, while complaining about the truck not being comfortable,etc... you just cant do that...beggars cant be choosers...enjoy the ride...when its time to get off say thanks. remember you could still be stuck hitchhiking in the middle of nowhere, or worse paying what most other plans cost...btw im on sprint with sero.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I've heard claims from several sources of varying credibility, none of which were backed by figures, that SERO plans become a money losing proposition as soon as an "average" amount of data was used. I never bought this because a quick comparison to those unlimited Boost/Cricket/etc plans shows that SERO 500 can't be THAT much of a money loser, if at all.

I'm not condoning the act of tethering on SERO and transferring 30GB of data every month (that seems like plain old ABUSE to me). It's cases like that which kill the value of SERO for Sprint, and it may very well be part of the reason that Sprint is slowly but surely cutting down on the number of $30 SERO plans out there.

And by the way, these addons do make the SERO 1250 plan pretty damn useless.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:33 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojary
Quote:
Originally Posted by gullzway View Post
Will have to wait it out on that one. Sprint Rep told me today that the $10 to use Android devices was NOT an Add-on, it was a Whole New Plan. I would assume there will be No way to go back to the $30 SERO once you switch. That is why I just dusted off this old Diamond and loaded Xandroid on it.
it's a new plan in a sense that Mr. Mcguire stated on his blog by calling it the "premium SERO plan". and he also answered a question that was asked about going back to the $30 SERO...the answer was a NO. so if you decide to upgrade to the premium SERO plan, you will not be able to revert back in the future to the $30 plan.
i second and third this.
(multiple personalities, lol)

Last edited by austin420; 08-23-2010 at 09:36 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:51 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

According to rusty you can go back to old sero.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:53 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

So there lol. http://mcguireslaw.com/2009/07/24/ps...erything-plus/
Old 08-23-2010, 10:21 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion
According to rusty you can go back to old sero.
not from what i read...
quote from comments section of the article you linkd to...
Russ Says:
August 17th, 2010 at 8:03 am

Matt,

From what I understand, online ESN swap doesn’t work with SERO because the plan type is no longer available.

But, in general, once you upgrade to the “premium” SERO plan, I don’t think you can go back, so your bill would remain at $40 or higher ($50 with EVO).

Russ

and this a bit later...
  1. TJ Says:
    August 19th, 2010 at 3:03 pm Hi Russ,
    I conic devices on a SERO is wonderful news. But, my questions is, if i decide to let’s say get the HTC Hero on my SERO plan when I upgrade in October, I understand that there’s that $10 fee added each month which makes the $30 SERO now a $40/mo plan. That’s a fair trade. But what if after 6 months or 1 year, i decide to put back my HTC Touch Pro 2 back on my SERO (that’s what is currently activated on it)…does my monthly then go back to the $30/mo? Or will it stay at $40?
    Any info in clarifying this would be awsome!
  2. Russ Says:
    August 19th, 2010 at 3:44 pm TJ,
    The premium SERO plan does allow upgrading to an iconic device, but it also provides some pretty significant other value as well - specifically Any Mobile, Anytime (calls to any U.S. mobile phone don’t count against your minutes) and free Sprint Navigation. Anyone can upgrade to the premium plan whether or not they want to upgrade to an iconic device. Once you upgrade, you can’t go back.
    Russ
  3. Russ Says:
    August 19th, 2010 at 3:45 pm TJ - one clarification - you can go back to your old device or another non-iconic device, but you can’t go back to the non-premium ($30) SERO plan.

Last edited by austin420; 08-23-2010 at 10:54 PM.
Old 08-23-2010, 10:36 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Woohoo! Looks like he updated the post today regarding being able to revert back. Which is cool! This info closes the deal for me. I can upgrade my sero and after a few months, go back to paying $30 by reverting back to the tp or tp2 phone on it.

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2