PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: New SERO Oct 1st

Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
I am sorry you are simply wrong.

there is no way in hell a PRE is going to use more data than my TP2 or 8330

it uses the EXACT same gas (same 3g) and it uses NO MORE OF IT than I already use.

this is not something you can argue with any sort of logic. you are simply wrong.

you sound very immature and naive.

what happens when there ARE NO MORE "crappy" cars as you call them. now its a FORCED upgrade.

are you people INCAPABLE of seeing more than 12 months down the road? can you even see beyond the edge of your own nose at the ramifications of this decision?

the 4g charge is bogus and you know it but when its REALLY out their its can be argued logically.

the $10 upgrade fee that "I" have a problem with is completely without merit.

and again your talking what a fraction of a percent of their user base?

try to inject some reality into your argument please.
First of all, you babble about 2400 dollars and then use the Pre as your example, which does not use 4g. Since the only phones that have 4g run Android, and Android is KNOWN to use more data than any other mobile OS, I guess I was wrong in the assumption that you were trying to be consistent and I assumed that you were referencing Android phones and not the Pre. Second of all, SERO is dead, and it has been for a while. There will be no more SERO phones, since they no longer offer the plan. No other carrier allows you to buy the newest phones and re-up with your 10 year old plan, it just doesn't happen. The fact that you are whining about 10 dollars a MONTH, which is the cost of what, like 2 coffees, is absurd. If you are making below minimum wage and cannot afford this travesty, maybe you should just get a little flip phone and be happy on SERO.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I think we need to order up a couple of quick lobotomies for these lovely gentlemen. Follow me sirs.

On a more serious note, I'm gonna need to take advantage of this ignore feature.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker

muyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmuyoso is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
lets see

when I got my account I was permitted to use ANY TECH COMPATIBLE SPRINT PHONE I DESIRED.

as long as it was a power vision phone I was 100% able to use it. No guarantee sprint would subsidize it but I could always go out BUY the hardware and call up for an ESN swap on ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY ANY POWER VISION PHONE I WANTED TO USE.

now today there is a list of POWER VISION ONLY PHONES (not the 4g phones ignore those) that I am NOT allowed to use unless I pay an upgrade.

that is taking away by any definition I can think of.

what part is unclear to you?

you guys refuse or are unable to GRASP this very simple concept hence the Car and Gas analogies.
You cannot take away what was never offered to you. Show me where in your subscriber agreement it says ANY POWERVISION PHONE AVAILABLE ON SPRINT . . . Just because in the past, they had literally all of their phones available does not mean that it was part of the contract.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint -/|

mykie is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
when I got my account I was permitted to use ANY TECH COMPATIBLE SPRINT PHONE I DESIRED.
Except you've already mentioned that you weren't able to get a non-Power Vision phone onto your Power Vision account. SERO has had restrictions in the past, and it has them now.

There was also a time when SERO didn't include Power Vision at all.

Nor did it include N&W starting at 7.

Nor did it include unlimited text.

These are features that have all been added on down the road, and features you should be grateful to have at a $30 price point.

And now they're done offering free upgrades to this plan, and who can blame them? People have been milking the $30 price point for long enough.

Quote:
now today there is a list of POWER VISION ONLY PHONES (not the 4g phones ignore those) that I am NOT allowed to use unless I pay an upgrade.
Visual Voicemail, Sprint Navigation, and/or Anymobile may be required codes for phones like the Pre, Instinct, or Android phones to work properly on an account. You don't know this to be true or not, and neither do I. The only people who know this are Sprint.

Quote:
that is taking away by any definition I can think of.
When were you able to get Android/WebOS phones on SERO before? Can't really say they're taking away something you never had in the first place.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-07-2010, 07:56 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (PPCGEEKS Fire Dept.: Opera/9.70 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en) TMO-US_LEO)

in before the lock !
Old 09-07-2010, 08:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Are you truly this dense? are you being this dense on purpose? when was I able to have motorola's OS? when motorola made it.

When was I able to have SANYO's OS? when sanyo made it. What does the OS have anything to do with this?

thats like saying it actually MATTERS that you drive a lexus instead of a hummer.

My sero account has unlimited text 7-7 and power vision FROM DAY ONE

what you describe is a DIFFERENT kind of account also called "sero"

they are not the same thing.

If I HAD an older sero account that did not include power vision sprint would be under NO obligation to "grant" me access to that service if they did not want to.

I am not asking for any new or different service.

Visual Voicemail? who gives a flying crap not me? Sprint Navigation? a waste of bytes on the phone. Anymobile? don't want it don't need it don't care about it.

"Visual Voicemail, Sprint Navigation, and/or Anymobile may be required codes for phones like the Pre, Instinct, or Android phones to work properly on an account. You don't know this to be true or not, and neither do I. The only people who know this are Sprint."

The very fact that you even MADE this statement is simply astonishing. as if the PHONE has anything to do with sprint INTENTIONALLY beyond any technological need putting a LIMIT on an account because of a feature to FORCE an upgrade.

How can you even attempt to have a logical discussion and then attempt to USE the very issue I am complaining about as evidence to counter it?

the very CONCEPT of sprint building things into it and then making it mandatory as a way to force people to upgrade IS EXACTLY THE ISSUE WE ARE DISCUSSING HERE or did you somehow miss that in these 34 pages?

You are one sick individual that thinks a person should be GRATEFUL for what they are legitimately PAYING FOR. people like you are VERY SCARY.

"And now they're done offering free upgrades to this plan, and who can blame them? People have been milking the $30 price point for long enough."

I don't want a free upgrade. I don't want a partial upgrade. I don't want anything from sprint except what I have had from day one.

I buy my phones outright. I don't use subsidies. I used a "sprint" subsidy exactly TWICE in my entire life. once when I first got sprint 15 some odd years ago and I did the 1 year since the plan price was HIGHER if you did no contract even if you bought the phone outright (unethical even then) and when I switched to SERO because it was required.

the dozen or so phones I have sitting at home besides those 2 I paid FULL PRICE for. I don't do upgrades.

so I am asking for NOTHING for my upgrade. I have ZERO problem with sprint saying no subsidy.

"When were you able to get Android/WebOS phones on SERO before?"

Go find the very first time sprint said "no" to android phones.

1 day before that day I was able to use any available android phone on my account. 1 day later sprint ALTERED the rules and said nope now you need to upgrade.

"Except you've already mentioned that you weren't able to get a non-Power Vision phone onto your Power Vision account. SERO has had restrictions in the past, and it has them now. "

your either a trill a child or brain dead.

ALL PLANS FROM SPRINT HAD THIS RESTRICTIONS IT WAS NOT A SERO RESTRICTION.

If you had the old $39.99 400 minute plan with Data from 12 years ago YOU COULD NOT USE A POWER VISION PHONE WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR PLAN.

this applies ACROSS THE BOARD TO ALL SPRINT PHONES AND PLANS.

The phone needs to be TECH COMPATIBLE to your plan. So if your plan is POWER VISION you can only use power vision phones.

Pre - power vision
pixie - power vision
8350 - power vision
tout - power vision
moment etc.. - power vision

what is unclear here?

Let me give you a BETTER example.

BB 8330 and 8350

I can use the 8330 but NOW (I was able to months ago but not today) I can NOT USE the 8350

the 8350 is IDENTICAL in every meaningful way to the 8330 in fact the ONLY difference besides a SLIGHT casing redesign is one uses a mechanical trackball and the other one uses a squirkle touch pad.

Tell me how an 8350 with EXACTLY the same operating system can use more data than the 8330

Lets see you squirm your way out of THAT example.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Are you truly this dense? are you being this dense on purpose? when was I able to have motorola's OS? when motorola made it.

When was I able to have SANYO's OS? when sanyo made it. What does the OS have anything to do with this?

thats like saying it actually MATTERS that you drive a lexus instead of a hummer.

My sero account has unlimited text 7-7 and power vision FROM DAY ONE

what you describe is a DIFFERENT kind of account also called "sero"

they are not the same thing.

If I HAD an older sero account that did not include power vision sprint would be under NO obligation to "grant" me access to that service if they did not want to.

I am not asking for any new or different service.

Visual Voicemail? who gives a flying crap not me? Sprint Navigation? a waste of bytes on the phone. Anymobile? don't want it don't need it don't care about it.

"Visual Voicemail, Sprint Navigation, and/or Anymobile may be required codes for phones like the Pre, Instinct, or Android phones to work properly on an account. You don't know this to be true or not, and neither do I. The only people who know this are Sprint."

The very fact that you even MADE this statement is simply astonishing. as if the PHONE has anything to do with sprint INTENTIONALLY beyond any technological need putting a LIMIT on an account because of a feature to FORCE an upgrade.

How can you even attempt to have a logical discussion and then attempt to USE the very issue I am complaining about as evidence to counter it?

the very CONCEPT of sprint building things into it and then making it mandatory as a way to force people to upgrade IS EXACTLY THE ISSUE WE ARE DISCUSSING HERE or did you somehow miss that in these 34 pages?

You are one sick individual that thinks a person should be GRATEFUL for what they are legitimately PAYING FOR. people like you are VERY SCARY.

"And now they're done offering free upgrades to this plan, and who can blame them? People have been milking the $30 price point for long enough."

I don't want a free upgrade. I don't want a partial upgrade. I don't want anything from sprint except what I have had from day one.

I buy my phones outright. I don't use subsidies. I used a "sprint" subsidy exactly TWICE in my entire life. once when I first got sprint 15 some odd years ago and I did the 1 year since the plan price was HIGHER if you did no contract even if you bought the phone outright (unethical even then) and when I switched to SERO because it was required.

the dozen or so phones I have sitting at home besides those 2 I paid FULL PRICE for. I don't do upgrades.

so I am asking for NOTHING for my upgrade. I have ZERO problem with sprint saying no subsidy.

"When were you able to get Android/WebOS phones on SERO before?"

Go find the very first time sprint said "no" to android phones.

1 day before that day I was able to use any available android phone on my account. 1 day later sprint ALTERED the rules and said nope now you need to upgrade.

"Except you've already mentioned that you weren't able to get a non-Power Vision phone onto your Power Vision account. SERO has had restrictions in the past, and it has them now. "

your either a trill a child or brain dead.

ALL PLANS FROM SPRINT HAD THIS RESTRICTIONS IT WAS NOT A SERO RESTRICTION.

If you had the old $39.99 400 minute plan with Data from 12 years ago YOU COULD NOT USE A POWER VISION PHONE WITHOUT CHANGING YOUR PLAN.

this applies ACROSS THE BOARD TO ALL SPRINT PHONES AND PLANS.

The phone needs to be TECH COMPATIBLE to your plan. So if your plan is POWER VISION you can only use power vision phones.

Pre - power vision
pixie - power vision
8350 - power vision
tout - power vision
moment etc.. - power vision

what is unclear here?

Let me give you a BETTER example.

BB 8330 and 8350

I can use the 8330 but NOW (I was able to months ago but not today) I can NOT USE the 8350

the 8350 is IDENTICAL in every meaningful way to the 8330 in fact the ONLY difference besides a SLIGHT casing redesign is one uses a mechanical trackball and the other one uses a squirkle touch pad.

Tell me how an 8350 with EXACTLY the same operating system can use more data than the 8330

Lets see you squirm your way out of THAT example.
Why must sprint offer every phone on the Sero plan? Where in your contract does it state that they must do this? Also, can you keep your posts down to below novel size please?
Old 09-07-2010, 08:38 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: TP2, LG Optimus S and EVO 4G LTE
Carrier: @SPRINT.COM

mikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on repmikejones13 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

WOW seems like this thread is going to go down in flames. Guys take this arguing to the PM's no need for it out here
your mumma's wear dirty g-strings to work, nuketown is buckin hell sick, show some love you hamburger's. double up bubble up. peace out. p.s nuketown is the shiznit, like your mumma's beef strogganoff.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejones13 View Post
WOW seems like this thread is going to go down in flames. Guys take this arguing to the PM's no need for it out here
If you haven't noticed, the thread has been like this for over a week. Sick of people complaining that they are going to have MORE options come Oct 1st and that they are somehow being robbed by being offered this amazing deal, when a month ago the reality was that they were going to have NO upgrade path and were either going to stick with what they had now or pay at MINIMUM 60 dollars for the new EPRP plans.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

nerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnerys is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

"Why must sprint offer every phone on the Sero plan? Where in your contract does it state that they must do this? Also, can you keep your posts down to below novel size please? "

Why does sprint HAVE A SAY in what phone I use at all? you do realize that sprint and verizon are the ONLY providers that actually HAVE a say in what phone you can use on their network.

AT&T Cingular (same now) metro cricket us cellular boost

all these companies you can use any phone you can make work.

Should sprint have a say in what SERVICES I can access? YES absolutely but they should NOT have a say in what piece of silicon I CHOSE to use to access the services I am paying for.

why do you believe otherwise?

Muyoso you missed my point.

Before sprint "altered" the rules and TOOK AWAY my options my options were UNLIMITED.

before the instinct the rules were pretty simple. if you have powervision you can use ANY POWERVISION PHONE YOU WANT with your account.

IE as long as the phone was "tech compatible" you were good to go ON ANY PLAN not just SERO

NOW sprint is saying tech compatible does not matter we simply DECREE these phones off limit for the SOLE purpose of forcing people to pay more. No other reason.

Sprint is not EXPANDING my upgrade options.

they TOOK THEM AWAY and are now trying to give them back with a PRICE.

why do you not understand this?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2