PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-17-2010, 01:57 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: Latest ROM Features

sorry just seems like i've read 1,000,000xxxx threads lately about the whole "best rom" issue.

fact of the matter is no rom is the best for two different people.
additionally I got a little confused reading the thread and mixed up you and another user. i been traveling for 3 weeks now and i'm not too sure where my head is at. I think I left it back in the utah desert :X

anyway.
like I said, vin's non-cht rom has been serving this road warrior very well. I burn through 2 batteries a day with heavy use including full time auto-navigation to near constant gps tracking/logging/sport stats to making dinner and hotel reservations in each town. highly reccomended.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:02 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
See... the funny thing is that's NOT what I asked for here...

contribute more than a link.

I didn't ask for a link I asked for personal experiences.

Thanks for your lack of input.
1) your right, you asked for a "tell me what you use and why ROM thread"..whats the friggin difference.. your asking for a side by side comparison basically.. oh wait, "without the fighting"..

2) ok, i gave you like 10 though.. all with what rom people are using and why.. i guess there mightve been fighting in there, i dunno

3) what do want some of us to say dude.. Ive tried every friggin Rom available for my Devices.. a 1000 times over... they all have the same flaw.. WE PUT TOO MUCH STUFF ON THEM!!! we skin out or "sense-out" the graphics pushing all limits of the chipset.. we run 200 things on top of each other at once, because " We Can Multitask" wheres some platforms cant.. We use and abuse all resources possible most of looking for eye candy, speed, and stablity all at once.. and once we find it, we max our device to that level so we can still the bulk of what we really want.. what do you want: well on july 11th i downloaded NRGY... only july17th i downloaded the newer sys of NRGY.. didnt like it.. onjuly 17th since NRGY didnt work i tried MR X.. i mean what the hell we change roms weekley most of us.. ROM THREADS DONT WORK NO MATTER HOW YOU WORD THE TITLE, THEY CHANGE TO OFTEN, OR WE FLASH TO OFTEN FOR THAT TO STAY ACCURATE INFO..

4) Id say theres my input dude

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 08-17-2010 at 02:05 AM.
Old 08-17-2010, 02:13 AM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
1) your right, you asked for a "tell me what you use and why ROM thread"..whats the friggin difference.. your asking for a side by side comparison basically.. oh wait, "without the fighting"..

2) ok, i gave you like 10 though.. all with what rom people are using and why.. i guess there mightve been fighting in there, i dunno

3) what do want some of us to say dude.. Ive tried every friggin Rom available for my Devices.. a 1000 times over... they all have the same flaw.. WE PUT TOO MUCH STUFF ON THEM!!! we skin out or "sense-out" the graphics pushing all limits of the chipset.. we run 200 things on top of each other at once, because " We Can Multitask" wheres some platforms cant.. We use and abuse all resources possible most of looking for eye candy, speed, and stablity all at once.. and once we find it, we max our device to that level so we can still the bulk of what we really want.. what do you want: well on july 11th i downloaded NRGY... only july17th i downloaded the newer sys of NRGY.. didnt like it.. onjuly 17th since NRGY didnt work i tried MR X.. i mean what the hell we change roms weekley most of us.. ROM THREADS DONT WORK NO MATTER HOW YOU WORD THE TITLE, THEY CHANGE TO OFTEN, OR WE FLASH TO OFTEN FOR THAT TO STAY ACCURATE INFO..

4) Id say theres my input dude
Do you behave this way in real life too? Or just with the cloak of anonymity that the internet provides you?

If you hate this thread so much, why do you insist on coming back in?

I may not have helped, but you can click "Thanks" anyway!
Old 08-17-2010, 02:22 AM
rdwing

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.7 (WindowsMobile; PPC; Opera Mobi/35267; U; en; Presto/2.1.1))

I was trying to chime in here but seems like both of you two are too concerned with bickering than actually talking about ROM's. if you would notice gspitman your 2 most recent posts have been purely emotional speaking only in attack or defense of personal emootion.

get over it.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:36 AM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Sorry gspitman, but i think this thread is dead now... it's filled with mindless bickering back and forth about something that shouldn't have been brought up to start with...

THIS IS A SOCIAL NETWORK!! People have the right to start threads if they want to..
I am not siding with anyone, but this thread is a great example why i usually don't look through this forum anymore. Why do people have to chime in and be so damn negative to people starting a thread? Take a look through this forum and you will see countless numbers of threads started that have no meaning. BUT here's the good thing, YOU DON'T HAVE TO LOOK AT IT IF YOU DON'T WANT TO! Why would people chime in to say how dumb the thread is? why not just NOT click it? eventually if the thread is not popular then it will make its way to the last page soon enough... OR let the mod's do their job and if they think its a pointless thread they will handle it... Thats why we have moderators... They don't need users coming in and bashing the OP for creating the thread...

oh and the "USE YOUR SEARCH" thing... I will throw up if i hear that again! people know there is a search on the site and i'm sure they use it... i use it too, but sometimes that search can be a pain in the ass... on my threads when i get the same question thats already been answered time after time, you know what i do? ANSWER IT! i dont go into a spiel about "use your search" because that shit gets old very quick....

don't waste your keystrokes trying to write a explanation/rant back because i won't read or respond to it... just hoping that people might read this and maybe try to be a bit more courteous... gspitman was just creating a thread to get some input but instead get yelled at and called harsh names.... Yeah, that will make me want to continue reading threads here at PPCG......

This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-17-2010, 08:52 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
but i think this thread is dead now... it's filled with mindless bickering back and forth about something
I think The King has something to say about this (not LeBron).

Let's just sit back and relax and knock off the puerile name-calling and such. Put on some Elvis and ponder the awesomeness.

I am going to retire this thread, have a nice day.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2