PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2010, 07:43 PM
Twins Fanatic
Pocket PC: LG G3 and HTC One M8
Carrier: Verizon

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to gspitman Send a message via Yahoo to gspitman
Latest ROM Features

First things first... I really don't want this thread to start a holy war on who's rom is better...

But I haven't looked through the available ROMS for quite a while, and was wondering what the masses thought of each, without having to flash all of them, or read the 600 page threads for each.

So please list what ROM you're currently running, what you like and dislike about it, and what made you choose it.

No bashing of other ROMs please, just what you know about what you're using.

Thanks in advance!

I may not have helped, but you can click "Thanks" anyway!
Old 08-16-2010, 07:45 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad
Re: Latest ROM Features

BigMaxSense ROM!

Plenty of Memory and Very Stable..... MY Custom Graphics throughout entire ROM make it very easy to look at...

Flash 10 & MMS work out of the box.... Also very good battery life

Last edited by bignadad; 08-16-2010 at 07:52 PM.
Old 08-16-2010, 07:48 PM
Twins Fanatic
Threadstarter

gspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIPgspitman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by bignadad View Post
BigMaxSense ROM!
Now now... you didn't stick to the rules... you need to explain what's good, what's bad, and why you chose...

besides, I hear the chef on that one is a little sketchy...
Old 08-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Cotton Pickin' Mod
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon aka VZW aka BigRed

bignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation levelbignadad can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via MSN to bignadad Send a message via Yahoo to bignadad Send a message via Skype™ to bignadad

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspitman View Post
Now now... you didn't stick to the rules... you need to explain what's good, what's bad, and why you chose...

besides, I hear the chef on that one is a little sketchy...
i edited a bit... i heard the same thing
Old 08-16-2010, 08:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

I can give a review of a couple ROMs

I have been a MightyROM Addict since day one. I really didnt have any problems with it, Its a very close to stock feel ROM, runs very smooth and is an open slate for your own personal modifications. I also like that it didn't have a lot of apps preinstalled, i found out back when i used to have a Touch Pro that installing CABs for programs can help because it is accessed through the Program Files directory rather than the cluttered Windows Directory, so opening up programs is faster. the only downside I know of is development is basically at a standstill from what I can see, Besides for the fact that he officially stopped development of his 6.5.x ROM (FullForce) back in May, he has switched to android so i'm not sure if/when there will be another update of his official ROM with WinMo 6.5. But both run well, so if you aren't concerned about having the most up to date software all the time, it's def a good choice.

I ran Mr. X a while ago and haven't really followed development since, but i think it's safe to say that it is a compressed version of MightyROM (compression is not used in stock ROMs but it's been said it can make it run faster) with some beauty modifications already installed. It runs just like MightyROM, very fast and smooth. It doesn't come with a 6.5.x option.

I tried Vin's ROM but ended up leaving it behind because I don't like the Dinik glass theme and I couldn't find a stock feeling 6.5.x ROM without Cookie preinstalled. It is also very fast and Vin is really good about keeping up with his thread. It has a really cool app that allows you to install several themes, clocks, taskbars, etc. without actually installing a CAB, and you can swtich between them as you please. A lot of Moderators use his ROM from what I see and I think he has only recently been gettin the credit he deserves for his work. If you like the Dinik theme this is probably the way to go

Finally my current ROM, Energy Standard Reference. I again like this choice because it is very close to stock so I can add and remove modifications as i please. It is a compressed ROM that has VERY frequent updates...he has many different versions available and not all ROMs are updated at the same time but he updates each one multiple times a month. A lot of users complain about the battery life but I haven't seen this issues honestly. I switched to this mostly to see what the newest updates had to offer, and since I noticed he released the Standard Reference ROM i figured I'd give it a shot. It does need a lot of fixes installed, the keyboard fix caused some issues for me and when I go to the notification manager it says 'Sprint' even though I'm on Verizon...not sure why??? but it runs well so i'm not complaining
Old 08-16-2010, 08:23 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

So whats different than this or any other ROM thread??? - just sayin...

FAIL!
Old 08-16-2010, 08:24 PM
I MADE IT!!!
Pocket PC: MIUI Powered 3VO, MikFroyo'd EVO & Energized Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

ooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIPooxteme is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to ooxteme

im running the latest energy 6.5 and i love it but have had a ever so slight issue with apps just shutting down but nothing to flash another. Ive tried BigMaxSense and it seemed a bit to laggy for me, its a great rom just not my cup of tea.

@ Bored... Well for starters its not one of those "this rom is better than that one, that rom sucks" kinda thread where everyone is bashing roms they dont choose to use. I think it will help the newer less tech savy people decide easier on what rom has which issues rather than flashing 30 different ones, which dont get me wrong what you really need to do before making a choice. Also some just dont have all the time in the world to sit around and do that.

TEAM MiK
Member Since 12/30/10

Last edited by ooxteme; 08-16-2010 at 08:31 PM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

kern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuffkern417 knows their stuff

It would be cool if they updated the Benchmark thread with the new ROMs out...
Old 08-16-2010, 09:38 PM
Twins Fanatic
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
So whats different than this or any other ROM thread??? - just sayin...

FAIL!
You really spent the time to type that...

I didn't see any good threads on the latest ROMs, so contribute, or STFU
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-16-2010, 09:40 PM
Twins Fanatic
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooxteme View Post
im running the latest energy 6.5 and i love it but have had a ever so slight issue with apps just shutting down but nothing to flash another. Ive tried BigMaxSense and it seemed a bit to laggy for me, its a great rom just not my cup of tea.

@ Bored... Well for starters its not one of those "this rom is better than that one, that rom sucks" kinda thread where everyone is bashing roms they dont choose to use. I think it will help the newer less tech savy people decide easier on what rom has which issues rather than flashing 30 different ones, which dont get me wrong what you really need to do before making a choice. Also some just dont have all the time in the world to sit around and do that.
Exactly, I'm trying to keep this very narrow, everyone has the ones they love and hate, but I'm looking for facts over emotion here.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2