PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2010, 09:58 PM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Pre/Post ROM flash tasks+Backup/restore, Start 2 Finish Guide+Android*ENERGY

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingHDTV View Post
you link to: Official Favorite cabs Thread
does not work. I"m trying to find the hypnotic tellme cab.
thanks, dave
Fixed, THANKS. Please see the thread again,
1. Click search & put in your above search terms: (use the exact cab I have listed in my startup cabs) (which returns nothing.. ha!) OK, sometimes people change their user name or get banned from PPCGeeks..???? Just use #2 this time.
2. Click on the Voice (MSVC), Bing, Tellme Link (from my signature line) & you'll have your hands full & a cab :>))
Quote:
Originally Posted by DatBoiDame View Post
GREAT thread my friend!!! If someone is still confused after this thread then maybe they need to stay in a wheelchair & live in a "special" community LOL Keep up the good work man!!!
Love your quote.. yea, that guy tends to flame all threads... ignore..
Quote:
Originally Posted by isangmahal View Post
Thank you for your amazing guide! It made customizing everything so easy. What settings did you use to overclock your TP2 by any chance? I'm interested in knowing what setting to use that doesn't sacrifice too much battery life for performance.
See my cab list at the very bottom:
Msm7kCpuSpeed_v2.cab
* these next three set some reg edits for you... I renamed them with a z in front to get them to load last on sushimi restore.
Msm7k_No_SODonCalls_SetPhoneSleepZero.cab
Msm7k_Set_CheckTimeTo20.cab
Msm7k_Set2minDelayBootTime.cab
SD
SetCpuSpeed-1.0d.cab

I've used OCT primarily when using driod as it's easy to clock down or turn off w/o reboot, but (personally) IMHO... not knocking OCT... all the dynamic clocking makes it too jumpy for me... but I probably don't have all the setting right?? What I have above works phenomenal for me, no SODs, why fix it if it works...

Last edited by teradog; 09-16-2010 at 11:18 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:09 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

DatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDatBoiDame is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DatBoiDame Send a message via MSN to DatBoiDame Send a message via Yahoo to DatBoiDame Send a message via Skype™ to DatBoiDame
Re: Pre/Post ROM flash tasks+Backup/restore, Start 2 Finish Guide+Android*ENERGY

This is an extremely helpful guide, MODS need to take another look and make this a Sticky asap! I have referred back to this thread on many occassions when Im having issues and I rarely have to bother anyone in my Chef's thread because of this!
Old 09-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post

3. Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested - xda-developers there's a lot of discussion about bandwidth & negative.. but it does allow web pages to load faster (due to more channels @ same time (not bandwidth).
SH4Ys Raphael Net Speed Boost.CAB
It's logically not suppose to speed up anything other than web browsing... but my eyes are telling me a very different story!! liquid browsing! "This tweak improves browser pipelining."...
Another one: Raphael Net Speed Boost.CAB
People are reporting speed doubling!! Mine has browsing for sure.. you thought OC was something? Now add this!!!!!
For Opera, double these: xda-developers - View Single Post - Increase your internet speed Tip TOuch PRo Tested

**I've been doing this on my laptop for a LONG time: Use DNS 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.1
call me dense but im not really getting it do we download both cabs and install them? or are they the same thing and only 1 needs to be installed?? Also that last link to the thread on XDA do we have to manually enter those registry edits or is that wht the cabs are for?And whats that about the DNS ?

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??
Old 09-17-2010, 11:20 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status
Threadstarter

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
call me dense but im not really getting it do we download both cabs and install them? or are they the same thing and only 1 needs to be installed?? Also that last link to the thread on XDA do we have to manually enter those registry edits or is that wht the cabs are for?And whats that about the DNS ?
Ha, read original linked post & you'll find reg keys they change... you can run either. Run one, do a bench mark test, try the other... I'll clean up & only list the best someday when I get time... I actually went into the reg edit & bumped them more than these cabs... These are for IE, do opera:config (in opera @ URL line (no http & make your opera changes also
*edit* just saw DNS Q: go into your PC or laptop internet settings, IP properties & advanced (i think), manually put in 4.2.2.2 & 4.2.2.1 as your DNS... fast. Not to get too much into this, but if you ping your current DNS & 4.2.2.2, I'd be real surprised if 4.2.2.2 doesn't beat your current one... but it's more than that.. how fast can it resolve a name & return it also... if you do a traceroute (tracert) from dos prompt, to a common url of yours (or test with ppcgeeks.com), look at the ms (time it takes).

Last edited by teradog; 09-24-2010 at 11:25 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2