PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2010, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

divineazn716 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Hey anyone running it on a stock sprint 6.5 rom? it works good at 710 but everytime it goes to sleep and I try to power it back up, I get SOD??? I noticed everyone is having that problem but has anyone been able to power up after sleep? im running on a stock sprint 6.5.
Old 07-22-2010, 11:52 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Vinterceptâ„¢
Carrier: Sprint SERO500 & Virgin Mobile

one80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on repone80oneday is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to one80oneday

I guess I'll wait for an update on this app before I continue to use it. I can get it to run fine at any speed but always reverts back to stock speeds when the phone sleeps. Very few lockups. While running android I can overlock to 824mhz 100% with no problems. Hopefully this app will be that good soon
Old 07-22-2010, 11:54 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineazn716 View Post
Hey anyone running it on a stock sprint 6.5 rom? it works good at 710 but everytime it goes to sleep and I try to power it back up, I get SOD??? I noticed everyone is having that problem but has anyone been able to power up after sleep? im running on a stock sprint 6.5.
Quote:
Originally Posted by one80oneday View Post
I guess I'll wait for an update on this app before I continue to use it. I can get it to run fine at any speed but always reverts back to stock speeds when the phone sleeps. Very few lockups. While running android I can overlock to 824mhz 100% with no problems. Hopefully this app will be that good soon
why dont you guys just set your phone to not sleep while plugged in then?? doesnt the OC require you to stay plugged in anyways?
Old 07-22-2010, 01:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

divineazn716 is a n00b

I was using this off battery power. it was working just fine but when it goes to sleep it's SOD. I mean many props to the genius behind this but I was doing this battery power and not by being plugged in.
Old 07-22-2010, 09:27 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

The discussion of this one XDA developers is over 40 pages.... I have tried it and it resets back to standard speed when I take it off AC power. Does not work on battery for me.
Old 07-23-2010, 01:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 Verizon
Carrier: Telkomsel TelkomFlexy

xicloe is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
The discussion of this one XDA developers is over 40 pages.... I have tried it and it resets back to standard speed when I take it off AC power. Does not work on battery for me.
I always use that Netripper app when I take it off AC power, and it's works, but some times when I set it too high it's hang :P
Old 07-23-2010, 10:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Oveclock resp

Quote:
Originally Posted by divineazn716 View Post
..it works good at 710 but everytime it goes to sleep and I try to power it back up, I get SOD??? I noticed everyone is having that problem but has anyone been able to power up after sleep? ..
Yes try my new cab
Quote:
Originally Posted by xicloe View Post
I always use that Netripper app when I take it off AC power, and it's works, but some times when I set it too high it's hang :P
Try my new cab also
Must reset for change 2 take effect.
It can also easily be uninstalled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryyyyy View Post
Try the safe speed in grey button. Then try higher from there.
Also new version2 app posted first page over there.
Also try my new fix...at your own risk of course
Edit :
this is not true fix, just narrow down area of troubles & divert conflict.
Attached Files
File Type: cab MaxxSODTest4.cab (638 Bytes, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-23-2010 at 10:55 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

jerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjerryyyyy is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Well, the new version still crashes for me at 604.8 MHz off power.... at least no SOD. From the sounds of the 44 pages over at the other site, this has not been resolved. Wish I had the time to debug and play with it, but too busy. Recall there used to be an app to do this... too simple.
Old 07-23-2010, 12:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc rhodium
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cls_ is becoming a great contributor

Just wanted to let everyone know that netripper over at xda has released an app to overclock our devices. There is some issues with SOD, but I have created a few mortscripts to prevent the SOD, and fully automate the overclocking. Here are the links:
http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...d.php?t=725290
http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...&postcount=430

You will need mortscript, and rhodium keyboard controller (included in Medium Hill Roms)

I have been testing this all day, and it works great. Gives the rhodium a slight speed increase, and makes CHT much smoother.

*EDIT* Just an FYI, but this solution seems to be rom dependent. So you may need to tweak the script to work correctly.
Original Script looked in:
HKLM\Drivers\Display\

Script w/ jpc073@gmail.com modifications looks in:
HKCU\ControlPanel\BackLight\

Last edited by cls_; 07-24-2010 at 09:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-23-2010, 03:33 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Mesmerize
Carrier: USCC

123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff123sit knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to 123sit

Quote:
Originally Posted by cls_ View Post
Just wanted to let everyone know that netripper over at xda has released an app to overclock our devices. There is some issues with SOD, but I have created a few mortscripts to prevent the SOD, and fully automate the overclocking. Here are the links:
http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...d.php?t=725290
http://ip208-100-42-21.static.xda-de...&postcount=430

You will need mortscript, and rhodium keyboard controller (included in Medium Hill Roms)

I have been testing this all day, and it works great. Gives the rhodium a slight speed increase, and makes CHT much smoother.
cls_, just wanted to say thanks for this. Been using all day and not a single SOD. Highly recommend to anyone wanting that extra boost of speed. It's also compatible with the version 2 of overclocking app. I didn't set it to overclock on boot in the software, just used your scripts and automagically it works great. Thanks once again.

EDIT: If you use S2U2 like I do, the script that gets attached to the power button has to have one line added in at the end of the file to launch S2U2. If you use the Rhodium keyboard, S2U2 is no longer able to hook the button press.

Just add:

Run("\Program Files\S2U2\s2u2.exe")

as the last line and your good to go.

Last edited by 123sit; 07-23-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: S2U2 edit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2