PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-19-2010, 08:27 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

brokensparrow is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by teradog View Post
729 seems to be my magic number (748 sometimes hangs, but works good.. but I want stability) 710 is good for most. Seems to not matter AC or DC, no difference for me. ** day 2 **
You still have to restart the overclocking tool when it comes out of standby, right? Because when you say day 2, it sounds like you've been running it overclocked for 2 days straight. If not, please share your secret
Old 07-19-2010, 09:12 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boominsvx View Post
Mine goes all the way up to 787. Running Energy Cookie with all kinds of cabs installed. Sometimes you just get lucky with the cpu's. Stable with no crashes and not even a program event on battery after standby. Seems it will work perfectly after we get the resume clock speed brought back up. I can't wait until this works full time. I love the potential I see here. Great job netripper. Keep it up.
If your running a faster Build rom then you will have better results.
For some reason manila sometimes writes to the storage card in an "app data" folder. It can be deleted if your manila/Sense is frozen/crashed.

Anyone willing to try a new reg setting here:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System
\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Power\State
\On]
dword:
"Default"
value was at zero, currently testing at 1.

This setting is for those with app crash error on wakeup, at WORKING SPEEDS, and also Screen Of Death(no wakeup)...
This is working for me BUT
It could be also in combination with my
previous deletions.. soooo
If anyone can test this entry (from zero to one) without my previous reg deletions if would be help as I cannot re-flash till 2nite.

If you have good results Over Clocking at highest setting, I am thinking because :
1- good rom synergy(no conflict in theme & apps)
2- latest build OS
3-your microSD card may be faster to load on wakup.

EDIT: here my cab to try:
Edit2: this cab is a dud. It was my folder deletions, but Im now looking elswere..
Attached Files
File Type: cab MaxxFixSOD1.cab (597 Bytes, 13 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-22-2010 at 10:59 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint

pringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpringlet is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to pringlet

Thanks for this! This is excellent!

Everything's buttery smooth at 710mhz. I especially like the camera application. No lag in bringing up the controls after taking a pic and also faster return back to camera mode. The time to focus the camera remains the same. The new Bing app seems to be more useable at this clock speed and swype definitely benefits. I have encountered a couple freezes during sleep at 729, but have been able to soft reset without issues. A few folks over at XDA are talking about corruption of sense files due to freezing, but I haven't encountered that yet.

pt
Old 07-20-2010, 01:50 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint Sero

docnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardocnas is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

hey i have tried using the overclocking ant it works no prob at 787 but i would always get the error on waking up from sleep.I made the reg edit change it from 0 to 1 am trying it now to see what happens.

EDIT - Still got the error on powering after sleep

edit 2 - just messing with it i had set it to 787 again and then used the power button to make it go to sleep and i got the SOD had to reset ...

HTC Universal-->Imate Jam(HTC Magician)-->Imate K-jam(HTC Wizard)-->HTC Mogul-->Touch Pro-->Touch Pro 2-->wonder what the next windows phone is going to be ??

Last edited by docnas; 07-20-2010 at 01:52 AM.
Old 07-20-2010, 02:51 AM
VIP Member

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by docnas View Post
hey i have tried using the overclocking ant it works no prob at 787 but i would always get the error on waking up from sleep.I made the reg edit change it from 0 to 1 am trying it now to see what happens.

EDIT - Still got the error on powering after sleep

edit 2 - just messing with it i had set it to 787 again and then used the power button to make it go to sleep and i got the SOD had to reset ...
try on battery.. which rom are you on?
On other thread at xda, very few had 787 stay working for long.
Most had lower limits, mine is one click lower at 768, but only on external power.
on battery I have to click 2 down at 748.
Seems like my cab don't work without my previous deletions.
I dont know how to make a cabfile delete so I will try changing values. in a new cab.
Also try new workaround over at xda using both nuetchem to underclock for sleep and mortscript file to automate the program:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...00#post7261800
Old 07-20-2010, 02:57 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pringlet View Post
....A few folks over at XDA are talking about corruption of sense files due to freezing, but I haven't encountered that yet.
pt
Naw, the Sense freezing is due to processor.
I had Sense freeze on a few roms at 748 & 768, BUT on external power it does not have any problem.
Old 07-20-2010, 09:20 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensparrow View Post
You still have to restart the overclocking tool when it comes out of standby, right? Because when you say day 2, it sounds like you've been running it overclocked for 2 days straight. If not, please share your secret
Correct, I still have to start it back up out of standby. re. day 2: this is my second day of testing, no SOD or hangups either on/off A/C or in/out of sleep power @ 729, VERY occasionally @ 748 I have issues. (see prev post)

"If you have good results Over Clocking at highest setting, I am thinking because :
1- good rom synergy(no conflict in theme & apps)
2- latest build OS
3-your microSD card may be faster to load on wakup."

Agreed, but feel you missed the most important one mentioned earlier:
4- Good mojo (silicone).. I use to overclock PC's LONG LONG ago.. same ver of chip... different chips, many different results. Same cpu model, results will vary

Re. #3, I will ONLY use a class 6 SD (C2=2MB/s, C4=4MB/s, C6=6MB/s), but even then, I personally feel this has little bearing on outcome.

*** I use NONE of MAX's mods or CAB's ***

Lucky? maybe... but have no need to mod anything to use this app. If this app doesn't work for you, then you may want to try his mods... I don't need to. (not knocking your work)

Question/Statement about application error message?. The only time I've ever got an error from this app is if I don't exit after setting the slider/speed & I'm running way to high (last couple settings). Otherwise it either drops to 528 or freezes solid (highest setting). Q: does anyone get error app after exiting out of app (after setting higher mhz successfully?

Last edited by teradog; 07-20-2010 at 09:28 AM.
Old 07-21-2010, 11:28 PM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokensparrow View Post
I ran mine at 748 for awhile. Played a bit of FF7 on FPSECE. Plugged my phone into an AC Adapter. Got SOD. And on bootup, Sense doesn't load up anymore. I get an endless cycle of it trying to load up. Just sharing my experiences... Running on Stock 6.5
Just an observation:
I been flashing different roms and while most have performed similarly, a few let me click one speed higher(76 and stay stable one click higher at 748.
They are current favs:
"Inferno"; Vin's "Neodium"; Zone and Energyrom.. In that order.

BUT...
If I was pressed to mention the most stable rom where Sense actually tried to work after a freeze like you mention, and the OS actually tried to remain stable the longest, at the most unstable speeds(768&787)...

There was ONE rom that did:
I am just going to say it, It was MrXrom.
Repeat, this was MY observation with my TP2... your results may vary.

So this is going to be my test rom for now.. until prob end of week, lol

Last edited by Maxx134; 07-21-2010 at 11:34 PM.
Old 07-22-2010, 12:09 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: n/a
Carrier: sprint

domoarigato is a n00b

running at 710, stock rom, battery powa!

damn havent had an issue with it freezing at all
Old 07-22-2010, 01:18 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: sprint

atomicvocabulary is just getting started

I am really really happy about this. I wish I could give this guy money from my pocket, but I don't see a paypal link on his posts. Man, been waiting a long time to overclock this phone.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2