PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 04:55 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Yes for the "Checktime" the app only goes down to 50, so I made two more choices: 20 & 30 in a easy cab for all.
Also made the "phoneSleep" reg setting cab for SOD on calls, into a cab.
Also delay startup oin another cab.
You can Install any of these cabs AFTER either your "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" cab solution...
OR any of the latest "Scripts" solutions, like here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281
sweet! was just about to figure out my next step!

After last night, I realized that checktime = polling time and 20-30 is waaaay too low, it seemed like I was burning battery by the second!
Old 08-12-2010, 09:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

ecrob is becoming a great contributor
Question Re: Overclock TP2 in WM?

I don't know if anyone has had this problem... throughout the day the phone gets slower even at 787.2MHz and this makes sense... so I ran Ram Sweeper and then the phone froze with the backlight off and it would not come on. My phone has done this many times before (the black screen)... especially when it boot on when is installing a large file and the screen the screens goes black, it sometimes takes a bit before it comes back on but this time I had to reset the phone (the physical reset button w/ the stylus). Does Ram Sweeper or similar programs stop or kill something that the OC_auto is doing and therefore causing the phone to freeze?
Old 08-12-2010, 09:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: the one that slides open
Carrier: Douchebags

bobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuffbobturismo knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecrob View Post
I don't know if anyone has had this problem... throughout the day the phone gets slower even at 787.2MHz and this makes sense... so I ran Ram Sweeper and then the phone froze with the backlight off and it would not come on. My phone has done this many times before (the black screen)... especially when it boot on when is installing a large file and the screen the screens goes black, it sometimes takes a bit before it comes back on but this time I had to reset the phone (the physical reset button w/ the stylus). Does Ram Sweeper or similar programs stop or kill something that the OC_auto is doing and therefore causing the phone to freeze?
Does it "Close running programs" ?

I noticed that when I ran memaid and it would crash/lockup if I had "close running programs", probably because it closes setcpuspeed.
Old 08-12-2010, 10:40 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
...After last night, I realized that checktime = polling time and 20-30 is waaaay too low, it seemed like I was burning battery by the second!
Yes it was a necessary evil for the "SetCpuSpeed1.0d" cab solution, which in theory is supposed to be better than the early "Script" base solutions...
BUT...
it did not hold the setting solid enough for some users so that is why the polling time needed to be set low for them...

I am now on the latest Script solution, the "OC_ Auto_v4.21.cab" which for some reason hold the unit down better for me and I no longer need the 20 or 30 checkTime AND ALSO am not needing the SOD cab which sets the reg "phone on sleep" to zero, anymore.
Edit: I re-installed SOD cab Because of one occurance with freeze when Unplugging & plugging powercord while phone was sleeping...

SOOOoo for me I can't believe it but this Script base solution is working better for me..
I currently have the poll interval (a setting for this script cab) set to 200 but I may increase it..
Here is the link & encourage others to try both solutions and post your results:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...&postcount=281

THINGS TO LOOK FOR in speed limits:
look to see if the "Msm7kcpu" app blinks steady.
look to see if you can quikly swipe pictures in sense tab without lag.
look to see if unit freeze while using keyboard on texting or Opera posting.

Last edited by Maxx134; 08-13-2010 at 09:03 AM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bk0012000 is a n00b

HI everyone!! First of all tried msm7kcpu by itself, no good. Tried setcpuspeed 1.0d, no good. Then tried oc_auto_v4.2.cab and eureaka!!!!!!! Awesome!!! Been running great for about a week now. No sod, no hick ups, and fast 710 mhz (that's the fastest I can get it to go without sod). I'm runnin nrgy rom from Feb, winmo 6.5 sense 2.5. I really like the older version (6.5), don't much care for 6.5x....

Now the only problem I have is texting....only when I open up the keyboard and start to text, it freezes. It doesn't do it with the keyboard closed. Is anyone else having that problem? Thanks to everyone......
Old 08-13-2010, 07:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

ecrob is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobturismo View Post
Does it "Close running programs" ?

I noticed that when I ran memaid and it would crash/lockup if I had "close running programs", probably because it closes setcpuspeed.
That's what I'm thinking... that Ram Sweeper closes what's overclocking the cpu and therefore causes the freeze... I've ran Ram Sweeper before without any problems... I'm just wondering if anyone knows for sure whether apps that free some ram mess up the overclocking.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:54 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk0012000 View Post
HI everyone!! First of all tried msm7kcpu by itself, no good. Tried setcpuspeed 1.0d, no good. Then tried oc_auto_v4.2.cab and eureaka!!!!!!! Awesome!!! Been running great for about a week now. No sod, no hick ups, and fast 710 mhz (that's the fastest I can get it to go without sod). I'm runnin nrgy rom from Feb, winmo 6.5 sense 2.5. I really like the older version (6.5), don't much care for 6.5x....

Now the only problem I have is texting....only when I open up the keyboard and start to text, it freezes. It doesn't do it with the keyboard closed. Is anyone else having that problem? Thanks to everyone......
Try one more step down to 691MHz and try texting again.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 08:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bk0012000 View Post
HI everyone!! No sod, no hick ups, and fast 710 mhz (that's the fastest I can get it to go without sod). I'm runnin nrgy rom from Feb, winmo 6.5 sense 2.5. I really like the older version (6.5), don't much care for 6.5x....
Yes pressing the keyboard buttons somehow give more chance of freeze.
All you have to do in lower your "poll interval" ..
I have it set kinda low at 200, as the defaultt suggested is 1000.
lowering gives less chance for the OS to reset speed & freeze.

Also, since you say U like Energy rom, I suggest using latest Aug10 as it is faster & I tested it overclocks very well. You may be able to increase your speed to 730 in your case.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 08-13-2010, 11:46 AM
VIP Member - Retired
Pocket PC: Moto Flip>Smsng 8500>Razr v3m>Mogul>TP>3 TP2s+ ??
Carrier: Sprint Premier Gold- White Glove Status

teradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the communityteradog is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxx134 View Post
Yes pressing the keyboard buttons somehow give more chance of freeze.
All you have to do in lower your "poll interval" ..
I have it set kinda low at 200, as the defaultt suggested is 1000.
lowering gives less chance for the OS to reset speed & freeze.

Also, since you say U like Energy rom, I suggest using latest Aug10 as it is faster & I tested it overclocks very well. You may be able to increase your speed to 730 in your case.
+1 on Energy, been burning his for months... currently on 23128 Aug10 cookie & am OC'd @ 748. I'm only able to get 748 on this TP2 by lowering check time to 12 (was freezing @ 20)!!

Riding the rocket!!

Good job on the above post Maxx on setcpuspeed vs the new script... thought I'd never change now that mine rocks... but may try the OC scripts after reading your post. THANKS (tk'd u)

* btw, the 23128 ROM above is amazing, it's not a test or beta, was taken from a product release & somehow ?? gives me an extra 20 megs of progRAM memory free!! Almost 80 meg!!

Last edited by teradog; 08-13-2010 at 11:50 AM.
Old 08-13-2010, 12:18 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint (CDMA)

n2wishin is just getting started

Ran spb benchmark just testing CPU: 1.whetstones MFLOPS, 2.whetstones MOPS, and 3.whetstones MWIPS, with results shown below respectively.

@ stock (528MHz)

@ 768MHz, polling:200

@ 787MHz, polling:200

Last edited by n2wishin; 08-13-2010 at 02:25 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2