PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2010, 01:40 PM
V.I.P
Pocket PC: 3VO for me, EVO for wife
Carrier: on the Now Network™ from Sprint®

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: *****hspl***** is there support for it anymore?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kabuk1 View Post
I knew whenever they started charging for it that it was a bad omen. No matter how they tried to justify it, unlocking should be free. Period. Were I the creator of the unlocker, I'd put it out there for FREE, help any folks who had trouble, and be proud that my work is helping so many people.

I couldn't believe they were charging for it to begin with, and I can't believe they're ditching paying customers like this now. I don't care how busy they are, its unacceptable. I do tech support for a living & you just do not do that to people. If you are going to charge for a product or service, you MUST stand behind it or else issue a disclaimer beforehand.
Word of mouth seems to be the only disclaimer now. lol ...
Old 03-18-2010, 01:44 PM
@Febby or @iFebby
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: T-Mobile

CaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on repCaliBoyPhillip is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to CaliBoyPhillip Send a message via Skype™ to CaliBoyPhillip

I would pay to get such unlocker... I'll take my spare time and devote to trying to find it lol
Old 03-18-2010, 02:02 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

kabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuffkabuk1 knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to kabuk1 Send a message via Yahoo to kabuk1

I was actually going to buy the sim unlocker soon, but I dunno about it now. I don't really wanna support people that don't stand by their products.

kabuk1's battery life tips ~ TamsPPC
Old 03-18-2010, 02:28 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

I'm all on board if they want to charge... but, and that's a big BUT... at least call it what it is. Saying you're taking "donations" then proceeding to make a mangled mess out of it isn't the way to go. If you're going to charge for it, just say what you mean and quit beating around the bush. Also, once you've charged, you absolutely can't leave everyone hanging. Back in December or January (I don't remember to be honest), I had a friend open up a ticket that never was answered. It was his first TP2 and had never unlocked. When I posted that here, the response was "we're responding to tickets, you're just impatient"... well, it's March now and my friend is still stuck on the stock ROM... hmm... It couldn't be that another device that they can create an unlocker for (and take more mass amounts of "donations) has come out could it?

Forums and columns for all sports fans!
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:32 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

land2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuffland2634 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to land2634

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...69#post1638369

**shrugs** I dunno

Last edited by land2634; 03-18-2010 at 02:35 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-18-2010, 02:47 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

if you call it anything other than a donation, you would have to claim it as income and pay taxes and what have you. i know cmonex and their team arent in the us, but im sure where ever they reside there is some form of taxes. i dont think the imagio hspl has anything to do with our situation, exept they are prolly busy currently answering alot of e tickets about it. there is not alot of money to be made creating an unlocker for a phone only about 12 people own.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:09 PM
V.I.P

00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP00_MACKIE_00 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
if you call it anything other than a donation, you would have to claim it as income and pay taxes and what have you. i know cmonex and their team arent in the us, but im sure where ever they reside there is some form of taxes. i dont think the imagio hspl has anything to do with our situation, exept they are prolly busy currently answering alot of e tickets about it. there is not alot of money to be made creating an unlocker for a phone only about 12 people own.
Same goes for the Treo Pro unlocker.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy SIII
Carrier: Straight Talk

DarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIPDarkLord is a VIP

There are several Elite Team members on the site, other than Cimonex and Oli. Is it possible that one of team members may be able to reach them? As anyone tried going that route yet?

-MightyMike was here.... true story!
Old 03-18-2010, 03:14 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00_MACKIE_00 View Post
Same goes for the Treo Pro unlocker.
i saw mightymike had a new rom for the treo pro. i didnt even correlate that to maybe it just got unlocked too. why are they suddenly unlocking all these ancient phones. i do think more peopl would have a tre pro than the imagio tho. i at least know 1 person with the treo pro. ive never even seen an imagio out side of the display at nfm.
Old 03-18-2010, 03:30 PM
V.I.P

Quote:
Originally Posted by austin420 View Post
i saw mightymike had a new rom for the treo pro. i didnt even correlate that to maybe it just got unlocked too. why are they suddenly unlocking all these ancient phones. i do think more peopl would have a tre pro than the imagio tho. i at least know 1 person with the treo pro. ive never even seen an imagio out side of the display at nfm.
The Treo Pro was unlocked last year sometime. I sold mine in December with the stock rom on it but it was unlocked but I did not tell the buyer it was unlocked so that I didnt gain anything from using their product to unlock it, thought that was the right thing to do. It was handled the same way, the thread was opened with no unlocker posted, then like 10 pages of people saying they donated then the file appeared magically one day. I think even a user bought a Treo Pro for them to work with and mailed it to someone. I had just started on this site and I immediately smelled something funny. I came over here from XDA when I got a CDMA device with Sprint and things over there were not handled like what I see here.

Mighty just put that custom rom up there within the last few days. For the longest time there was only 2 roms to choose from, neither of which were all that great but the problem with that device is the screen size, it sucks!!!!

Last edited by 00_MACKIE_00; 03-18-2010 at 03:37 PM.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2