PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2010, 11:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

cj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcj10488 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Sold TP2 w/SsS-ROM 2 & now won't activate

for the file ftp://up.ppcgeeks.com/Touch%20Pro%20...60652_Ship.exe

try running that should help ya out.. you need to have activesync installed. If it wont let you flash you can get into the boot loader I believe its Vol Down and Power while the phone is off. Hold down until the boot loader opens up. If it wont flash this way then there might be other issues.

James

Last edited by cj10488; 02-10-2010 at 12:02 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 12:00 AM
What did you say?
Pocket PC: Rhodium

Mayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on repMayonesa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny View Post
Sprint tech at the store said they tried to install correct software cause they saw the 6.5 and said it would not allow them to that is why they said it was fried. But maybe they didn't know what they were doing... worth a shot.

most sprint techs are worthless. i showed them a lot at my local store.

i would flash back to stock and go from there, you should be fine...

Old 02-10-2010, 12:05 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ppc 6850
Carrier: sprint

apacheln is a n00b

I second that. I did an online esn swap from my first line to my second line. The activation part from Sprint work as the second line showed a TP2 online, but the programming was still needed. Could not get EPST to work so I had to flash to stock rom, and then put in ## code to program msd. I tested to make sure I was able to make a call. Then I flashed SSS rom and it worked. No need to reprogram after flashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cj10488 View Post
I would flash back to the Stock rom. If the dialer is in fact GSM the ## codes will never work... Look for RUU_Rhodium_W_Sprint_WWE_1.21.651.3_RS_1.96WF_NV_S PCS_1.42_0430_PRL60652_Ship

On these forums flash it and you should be good to go. Or you can flash to mightyrom (the best) and provision for sprint and be good to go as well. PM me and I can give ya my number and you can call me if you like and I can walk ya thru it. The TP2 is a great phone.

James
Old 02-10-2010, 12:14 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Mr.Gadget is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Cool Penny! Had no idea you were on here too. Over on SprintUsers I am on as "emtownsend". Also on as Mr.Gadget on PPCGeeks and XDA-Developers. We can do this!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

Penny is just getting started

Ok, so I installed the RUU above and then activated again and all works fine! except waiting on the internet to work guess it takes a bit to start working. Can't figure out how to update profile on this phone yet.....lol Thanks so much everyone for all the help. Wonder why Sprint couldn't re install the same thing. Guess I should have came here first huh? Now will have to tell them to cancel the order for the new one if they can.

BOY is this interface UGLY! Can I reinstall 6.5 now? and where do I get the correct one?

Thanks Eric!
Old 02-10-2010, 10:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Evo 4G (June 4), HTC Hero, Touch Pro 2, Nexus One

kenny21 is becoming a great contributor

Actually this happened to me as well when i sold my TP. I did have to flash back to the stock rom and then it would activate. I thought it was kind of weird because the dialer and everything worked on that rom and even got it activated on line and everything, but when it came to the programming the phone with his information the phone wouldn't accept it.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G and HTC Arrive

boeman is becoming a great contributor

Cool, glad everything worked out.
At the top of the TP2 forum, there is a subforum called CDMA TP2 Upgrades... in there you can find numerous custom WM6.5 roms. Personally I'm using MightyRom right now, I've tried a few others but I keep being drawn back to Mighty. Be sure you follow the instructions in the first post completely. The phone will work much better if you follow the steps completely.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:24 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Epic Touch 4G
Carrier: Spint

Maxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsMaxx134 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Hey guys, I am the one who bought the phone from OP. I have swapped ESNs several times but this is the first problem I have had. Here is what I did. I first went online chat to activate phone. They swapped ESNs turned phone on did not automaticaly proram as HTCs are supposed to. Tried to manually program as they directed me to. When I got to the ##******# code the edit (MDN MSID) option never opened up.

They asked me to call tech support after numerous attempts and reseting phone. Tech support went through everything again....still same problem with ## codes. Was transfered again to someone else after numerous attempts again to get ## code to work. Again steps to activate after another Hard reset. Still no MDN MSID edit screen after ## codes.

Was told to take to Sprint store to over the air activate. Took it and same thing could not get it to activate. Phone shows on my account and online as the phone active on my account but still activation will not complete.
I am not upset with Eric at all. Just want to be able to use it.
Before you reflash a rom install a new dialer.
You will then hopefully hav the codes working to manually program your numbers in.
Sprint techs do not know about custom roms and there is no way they could have helped you.
I have had to go manual with codes & do this with my TP to TP2 AND Hero.

Quote:
Sprint tech at the store said they tried to install correct software cause they saw the 6.5 and said it would not allow them to that is why they said it was fried. But maybe they didn't know what they were doing... worth a shot.
They are complete idiot to say it was fried, just because they cant flash another rom with their methods.
Just flash another rom yourself and you will be fine to do your programming.
I even hav recommended roms in my sig.
Goodluck!
Edit: goo to hear U fixed it.
Ya U did best way by return to stock for programming...

Last edited by Maxx134; 02-10-2010 at 11:48 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 11:27 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: PRO2/EVO4G
Carrier: SprinT

lipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIPlipidfats is a VIP

Quote:
Ok, so I installed the RUU above and then activated again and all works fine! except waiting on the internet to work guess it takes a bit to start working. Can't figure out how to update profile on this phone yet.....lol Thanks so much everyone for all the help. Wonder why Sprint couldn't re install the same thing. Guess I should have came here first huh? Now will have to tell them to cancel the order for the new one if they can.

BOY is this interface UGLY! Can I reinstall 6.5 now? and where do I get the correct one?

Thanks Eric!
Ha this was an ineresting thread to read. Happy to see everything resolved. You can flash any CDMA touch pro2 ROM. make sure it's cdma and it's for the touch pro2. the forum for that is stickied at the top and i'll link it here: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98
you had sss s2 on there when you got it. it's now updated to s5 and s6 is in beta right now. mighty is another popular one to check out. just follow the steps you took to flash the stock rom and you'll be set to test all these new roms. have fun!
Old 02-10-2010, 03:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO 3D
Threadstarter

Mr.Gadget is just getting started
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

Thank you all for your help and advice on this one. I learned something new too!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2